Hall of fame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sue

Bencher
Lyons/Menzies should be a package. Greatest half/ running forward combo in history. I remember being at Brookie for the Saints demolition. A Masterclass I haven’t seen the like of since.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not a chance in hell of getting any of them into the final 6.

The “ let’s punish Manly” will shine through from the 25 voting members, particularly from people like Slothfield and co!!

First I guarantee that half of them will be Queenslanders.

Secondly 1 will be a Kiwi.

Leaving just two spots.

Greg Alexander will take one ( and rightly so), and from the others there’ll be a token “ Western suburbs” choice, so take your pick there.

No hope of a Manly player getting within a bulls roar of this!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I should add that today the NRL is run as a “ business “ so choices will be made with that business in mind.

Have to appease the Queenslanders , and also the ever growing western suburbs area.

How good the others were is IRRELEVANT!!!

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
SMH has already started culling the field...

Buderus, Lyons, Stuart and Tallis among Hall of Fame contenders
By Adrian Proszenko
28 April 2018 — 10:00pm

Danny Buderus and Greg Alexander - members of the NSW brains trust for the upcoming State of Origin series - are among the 25 nominees jostling for spots in the NRL’s Hall of Fame.

Some of the biggest names in the game are vying to join the 100 Hall of Fame members inducted as part of the game’s centenary year in 2008. There will be only six further additions in July, which will be followed by a gala ceremony the following month to induct up to two more Immortals.

Champion hooker Danny Buderus is a Hall of Fame nominee.

Photo: Jonathan Carroll
A provisional list of 100 potential Hall of Famers was whittled down to just 25 on Saturday night with the likes of Cliff Lyons, Jack ‘Bluey’ Watkins, Petero Civoniceva, Stacey Jones and Ricky Stuart among those making the cut.

“The players nominated collectively represent thousands of matches, hundreds of rugby league years and millions of memories for fans,” said NRL CEO Todd Greenberg.

“Their on-field performances live on today among the many passionate supporters who saw them play – and they will never be forgotten.

“All 25 are worthy nominees, given the roles they played in making rugby league such a great sport.”

RELATED ARTICLE

NRL may announce two Immortals in 2018: Greenberg
Fairfax Media’s Roy Masters was part of a screening committee that also included Debbie Spillane, Yvonne Sampson, Wally Lewis, David Middleton, Geoff Armstrong and Phil Rothfield.

Senior manager of NRL Awards Frank Puletua said the 25 nominees would now go to a voting college of 25 judges, representing a cross-section of the game.

“The voting college will select their top five players who they believe should be included amongst the best of the best as part of our Hall of Fame,” Puletua said.

“Every one of the nominees displayed excellence, persistence and sheer determination time and again during their playing career and each has a strong case to be included as a Hall of Fame inductee this year.

“Since the announcement earlier this year of the resurgence of the Hall of Fame and Immortals concept, there has been passionate discussion amongst fans, coaches, players and commentators alike and I’m sure this will continue throughout years to come.”

NRL Hall of Fame nominees: Bob Linder, Cliff Lyons, Craig Young, Danny Buderus, Denis Flannery, Elwyn Walters, Gorden Tallis, Greg Alexander, Ian Moir, Jack ‘Bluey’ Watkins, Kevin Walters, Mark Graham, Michael O’Connor, Paul Harragon, Peter Dimond, Petero Civoniceva, Ricky Stuart and Rod Reddy.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...-hall-of-fame-contenders-20180428-p4zc82.html

Next time read all the way to the end of the press release Adrian - you forgot;

Ron Lynch, Royce Simmons, Ruben Wiki, Stacey Jones, Steve Menzies, Steve Renouf, Wally O’Connell.

Maybe you should have twigged when your article says there were 25 nominees, and you only listed 18...

HappilyManly

Journey Man
2018 the 6 inductees are :

IMG_20180717_185206.jpg

Ricky Stuart
Petero Civoniceva
Gorden Tallis
Steve Menzies :clap:
Cliff Lyons :clap:
Mark Graham

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/deb3939b064c20decc8e09b2f865107f

NRL Hall of Fame have announced the six players to be inducted at a ceremony in August
NRL PREMIERSHIP

887c277a8f7abc21e390f1d40e84ba93

The NRL Hall of Fame inductees for 2018.Source: FOX SPORTS
SIX rugby league legends have been named as the latest inductees to the NRL Hall of Fame, including two former Manly skippers and a North Sydney Bears great.

Ricky Stuart, Petero Civoniceva, Gorden Tallis, Steve Menzies, Cliff Lyons and Mark Graham will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at a ceremony at the Sydney Cricket Ground on August 1.

Voted in by 25 independent judges from a cross-section of rugby league, the six stars polled the most votes from a list of 25 hopefuls, which was originally a list of 100 names.

How goods that. The great Sir Cliff and Beaver. Have to say though that Tallis and Mark Graham were slightly above average first graders at best. I would have had Harragon and maybe Reddy ahead of Graham.
Mate I do t think there's many Tallis fans on here after his post career media gigs. Fact remains that bloke absolutely invented post contact metres. He ran like the try line was a metre away on every tackle and kept going once that metre had been made. He was a sensational footballer and all credit to him for his media career since retirement but I think if he was a quieter presence people would respect his achievements more. Compared to Fletch and Hindy he is a giant of the game. He never stopped.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12