Half Witt wanted by Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
The Warriors are chasing Manly's Michael Witt as they look to find a solution to the five-eighths position.

It's understood the 22-year-old half and accomplished goalkicker still has a year remaining on his Manly contract but the Warriors are prepared to take over his $200,000-a-year deal.

Read the rest
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10391483

For 200k they can have him.

There is a god.

Intresting comment on fox last night stating that lyon was going to play 5/8 next year and Burns would move to the forwards presumably hooker.

I wondr if to replace Dunners or Monnas? Not sure where this leaves Ballin through. Second row maybe?

Warriors management are believed to have told Witt he would likely be the starting five-eighths next season and, while he's tempted by the offer, is hopeful of negotiating a two-year deal.

Doesn't this mean they are talking to a player mid way through a contract, and isn't this illegal?

I would say he would have permission Ryan

He wouldnt be used much, would basically come over an play Bartercard Cup for the season. Rovelli is a star at halfback, fien is there as backup, and Ropati is going dan well at 6 too

The Warriors are chasing Manly's Michael Witt as they look to find a solution to the five-eighths position.

It's understood the 22-year-old half and accomplished goalkicker still has a year remaining on his Manly contract but the Warriors are prepared to take over his $200,000-a-year deal.

Read the rest

Is that a joke, we have a player in PL on $200k!! 8| Quick where is the chunder bucket, I think i'm going to be sick!!!

He wouldnt be used much, would basically come over an play Bartercard Cup for the season. Rovelli is a star at halfback, fien is there as backup, and Ropati is going dan well at 6 too

I am missing the point here, but why would they want to pay $200K for a back up player?

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]

I am missing the point here, but why would they want to pay $200K for a back up player?

[/quote]

If he IS on that, I bet a hell of a lot of it would be being subsidised by Parramatta.

He wouldnt be on anywhere near that if he came over, they wouldnt have much free under the cap so i wouldnt take that price figure as legit at all

Also, no expert on contracts here, but wouldnt manly still pay part of his deal, eg Payten being paid by 3 clubs at 1 stage

the article said Cleary sees Ropati as a centre so by the sounds of it he would be given first crack at starting in the No 6.

hmmmm very strange Garts, didnt read the article, but Mannering and Martin are going pretty well in the centres, maybe Martin will go to the wing

I hate any player leaving our club, but in all honesty guys, I don't see MW as the future of this club. That's why Wells / Groom / Halden / Cherry should be fighting for the PL 1/2's position. All these players can play a large part in Manly's future.

I really hope Groom continues to develop like he has. Word on him has been quiet this year???

Jerome Ropati is the worst no.6 in the comp!!

Witt would actually be an improvement there...

In regards to the Fox comments... i told you all this at the start of the week when rumours were flying about mona's wanting to go elsewhere 8) 8)

Well, I thought Monnas stood up last night, and our teams attitude was good, unlike last year hen "negotiations" were going on...

My response
animated%20waving.gif

Animated%20Dogs%20waving.gif

girlgraduating_waving_hw.gif

girl_on_horseback_waving_lg_nwm.gif

[quote author=SilentBob]

Read the rest

Is that a joke, we have a player in PL on $200k!! 8| Quick where is the chunder bucket, I think i'm going to be sick!!!
[/quote]

Not as bad as having a PL evel hooker on 240k that is guaranteed a first grade spot!

[quote author=ants]
[quote author=SilentBob]
The Warriors are chasing Manly's Michael Witt as they look to find a

Not as bad as having a PL evel hooker on 240k that is guaranteed a first grade spot!

And also a PL prop on $260Kpa(?) guaranteed of a spot

Berkely - with that response, I'm making the assumption the acid hasn't worn off yet mate?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4