Haha Tigers, enjoy the Fulton/Peters show ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What do you think the club has been doing since Fulton left?

Acquiring washed up players other teams don't want or need (and that they find surplus to requirements) - apart from Brooks.

• Lodge (unwanted by Chooks) - last chance
  • Woods (given for free from Dragqueens) - pre-retirement
  • Brown (development squad?) - pre-retirement
  • Waddell (carved out of the Dogs?) - unknown

etc etc etc

Don't forget we also gave Lodge a big, fat, nice new contract (people told me I was wrong at the time mind you, and one poster suggested I should be sued for suggesting he'd signed), when knowing or seeing very little of him, and knowing he'd just done a long term injury. Jobs for the boys doesn't cut it with me.

Not when we are in such desperate need of improvement.

Acquiring washed up players other teams don't want or need (and that they find surplus to requirements) - apart from Brooks.

etc etc etc

Don't forget we also gave Lodge a big, fat, nice new contract (people told me I was wrong at the time mind you, and one poster suggested I should be sued for suggesting he'd signed), when knowing or seeing very little of him, and knowing he'd just done a long term injury. Jobs for the boys doesn't cut it with me.

I would think the cut price players would be a result of the unbalanced salary cap - at least at first. The lodge call is the one that is against the grain

I would think the cut price players would be a result of the unbalanced salary cap - at least at first. The lodge call is the one that is against the grain

Very good points mate - but I also believe with very astute recruitment / scouting (particularly NZ and the country), you could replace cut price players, with youthful potential players. We have an abundance of experience at the club already. Let's find us our next Lyon from Wee Waa, or Skivvy from Ipswitch - ya know.

Bring him back, to work alongside the current recruiters. I wouldn't look a gift-horse in the mouth. Might mean Penn has to pay above standard for recruitment, but FMD we need some help to balance our roster and salary cap.
Are you suggesting we bring back Fulton? Surely he is one of the architects of the situation we currently find ourselves in. Feels like we have aggressively changed tack and to reverse that now would be a backwards step.

Very good points mate - but I also believe with very astute recruitment / scouting (particularly NZ and the country), you could replace cut price players, with youthful potential players. We have an abundance of experience at the club already. Let's find us our next Lyon from Wee Waa, or Skivvy from Ipswitch - ya know.
I don't agree, in fact we've had too many "youthful potential players" in recent years.

We had Weekes and Tuitavake. Sione Fainu, Samuela Fainu, and Latu Fainu. Koula. Fifita. Schuster. Tuipulotu. Tuilagi was signed on potential after only 4 NRL games. Saab too.

Koula, Saab and to a lesser extent Burbo are the only ones who've made the transition so far.

We also originally got Haumole, Garrick, Keppie and Paseka as youthful potential. One genuine star, one top-liner, plus two who are just 'thereabouts', so far at least. But don't forget we also tried Suli, Cust, Boyle, Tom Wright, Elgey, Funa. Albert Hoppa.

Fact is most 'youthful potential' simply aren't ready to perform at NRL level, and even some who become top players may take several years to get there. A successful club has a squad full of players ready to come into the team and do a job. This year Humphreys is our only player without NRL experience, which is a much better balance.

(By the way we didn't sign Jamie Lyon as youthful potential, he was already a Test star.)

No region let alone Western Sydney should be given either less or more priority in the recruitment field
Pleased that Lambkin has returned to the fold and to add to some balance with his no doubt extensive contact range . Probably just incidental in some ways whether the likes of Scot Fulton were overly instrumental in getting particular talent to the club .
Certainly made a positive contribution to what ever degree also but looks like some negatives along the way also , so things naturally have to work in the best interests of the club in general .
Would still contend that Haumole , Koula , Paseka , Sabb , Schuster [ even Manase Fainu in better circumstances ] would represent a pretty good outcome situation in the impressive recruitment category so whoever or whatever recruiting circumstances were in play for these success related outcomes and predominately from the Western Sydney area , long may it continue .

Would still contend that Haumole , Koula , Paseka , Sabb , Schuster [ even Manase Fainu in better circumstances ] would represent a pretty good outcome situation in the impressive recruitment category so whoever or whatever recruiting circumstances were in play for these success related outcomes and predominately from the Western Sydney area , long may it continue .
'In better circumstances' everyone would work out! But in actual fact Manase was an unmitigated disaster who almost cancels all the others out in one savage hit.

Bozo is back baby 🔥
Looking Forward to hearing your Back to Back Singing sensation Hit Sexy Maxy .
Do you Have another Great song on the way @maxta ?

In the mean time let us All Enjoy the everlasting Fulton /Peters Manly Premiership Winning Memories

Nothing Else Compares
Nothing Else Comes Close
The Sweetest Manly Memories are Made of This !
1705012634659.png

Looking Forward to hearing your Back to Back Singing sensation Hit Sexy Maxy .
Do you Have another Great song on the way @maxta ?

In the mean time let us All Enjoy the everlasting Fulton /Peters Manly Premiership Winning Memories

Nothing Else Compares
Nothing Else Comes Close
The Sweetest Manly Memories are Made of This !
View attachment 25796
Actually 2 new songs coming Bozo
Very excited for a Big 2024
Music - Seaeagle premiership and all the good stuff 🔥

Actually 2 new songs coming Bozo
Very excited for a Big 2024
Music - Seaeagle premiership and all the good stuff 🔥
That is Indeed Amazingly Exciting @maxta
Congratulations feathered friend
As there is nothing like following your passion and living your Dream

I have a Dream ....
The Passionate Manly Maxta to Sing on our Spiritual home ground Before a Manly game !
You have come this far Maxta and Everything is Possible for you now
Good luck to a very successful 2024
1705014716985.png

etc etc etc

Not when we are in much desperate need of improvement.
When you can pay 800K for a player to play reserve grade because he's unfit, fat & slow you know that the place is a **** show.

When you can pay 800K for a player to play reserve grade because he's unfit, fat & slow you know that the place is a **** show.
We won't find out until the trials whether our problem child is trim taut and terrifically motivated for 2024. The club has clearly gone out of its way to shield him from publicity, he's barely been shown so far in the promo pics and videos. We can only hope he's been thriving under the radar.

It's about what we needed more. Our forward pack had no issue marching up the field last season it was our halves who failed to capitalise on that & create points.

That to me highlights 2 things.

1 - We rely a LOT on Turbo (especially an in form Turbo) for our points production.
2 - I hate to say this but to be truly effective, DCE needs to be playing off the front foot. Under pressure he can be a bit of a headless chook. It also demonstrates the issues we had at 5/8 in 2023.

Hopefully we get a full (or as close to if he misses games for Origin) season from Turbo and hopefully Brooks solves our 5/8 problem. Get both of those right and we're halfway to the Finals already.

etc etc etc

The players you named, with the exception of Lodge, are to add NRL-ready forward depth to a squad that had none. If it weren't for his ACL injury we would have been hailing Lodge as the Messiah last year, he basically single-handedly dragged us back into the season last year. I don't know what he's on in this new contract but if he stays on the field he will be worth it.

I think our roster looks better this year than last, but our cap is, indeed, a massive issue.

The players you named, with the exception of Lodge, are to add NRL-ready forward depth to a squad that had none. If it weren't for his ACL injury we would have been hailing Lodge as the Messiah last year, he basically single-handedly dragged us back into the season last year. I don't know what he's on in this new contract but if he stays on the field he will be worth it.

I think our roster looks better this year than last, but our cap is, indeed, a massive issue.
Much needed experience ? Mate, read through the number of games played for:

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
17. Ethan Bullemor

Josh Schuster - green
Ben Trbojevic - green
Gordon Cham Kum Tong - green

In my opinion (and you're entitled to yours of course), that mix above is ripe for some fresh, young, new hot heads (exactly like Sam Fainu, Tuitavake, Fifita & others), to fight it out with the likes of Schuster / B. Trbojevics.

Our pack / backrowers are mainly slow, immobile pylons - we need some explosive, up tempo, aggressive at pace types to match the NRL.

Much needed experience ? Mate, read through the number of games played for:

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
17. Ethan Bullemor

Josh Schuster - green
Ben Trbojevic - green
Gordon Cham Kum Tong - green

In my opinion (and you're entitled to yours of course), that mix above is ripe for some fresh, young, new hot heads (exactly like Sam Fainu, Tuitavake, Fifita & others), to fight it out with the likes of Schuster / B. Trbojevics.

Our pack / backrowers are mainly slow, immobile pylons - we need some explosive, up tempo, aggressive at pace types to match the NRL.
Paseka, Bullemor and Ola'akautu are certainly not slow and immobile. Neither is Ben Trbojevic. Guys like Lodge and Sipley are quite explosive for their size. Gordy very quick off the mark.

Without a doubt the whole team needs to step up tempo, aggro, and fitness but I think this is more a mental/experience issue. The group as individuals are good enough, but we are down the pecking order in terms of cohesion and grit.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8