Gus Talking Up Monas For Origin Half Now On Nine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think that it wouldn't matter if they put in Orford or Monaghan you would get the same result.

Monaghan would play to the best of his limited ability.

Orford would go to water and wouldn't play to his ability.

Mata - I think Gould is saying this because Monnas put in very good performances against The Tigers, Roosters, Warriors & Dogs. I would admit, he has severely impressed me at 1/2 back this season.

That said, Banaghan's dealings AGAIN has angered me, and I'd actually drop Monaghan to reggies until the entire situation is sorted out. Keep him out of the lime light, and Ballin, and dare I say this Dunley or Halden can do the job in his absence.

[quote author=CliffyIsGod]
Ball's doesn't put players through gaps.

Gower has balls -- so what?

I'd pick gower with gidley at 6.
[/quote]

Cred gone.

Gower is playing like sh*t. Gidley proved how awesome he is in the 6 last night.

Anasta/Orford is the only option.

Anasta.. yeah if you 7 is the major playmaker.. I have my doubts whether Orford will stand up and take on that role in origin.

I think Gower and Gidley would complement each other well.

Gidley can definately play 6.. he wasn't the best last night because he was given the main playmaker role with Kimmorley being injured in the 43rd minute... the first half was spent mainly getting a feel for the game and by the end of the first half they started looking ok and let's not forget with the sharks playing on monday night they had 2 training sessions together.

You get Gower directing the team around, making tackles and feeding the ball on early to Gidley and Gidley will get things happening... he has played majority of his career at 6... If he can be the "major" playmaker without the responsibility of steering the team around.. he will tear you to bits.

I'm telling you.. it would work.

If they give it a shot and it doesn't work I will be first to say "my bad" but I am fairly convinced that it would work.

Anasta is playing well and if he is to get picked i'd rather him be picked with Kimmorley at 7. I just don't trust Orford in games like this... I hope he proves me wrong but I've heard the crap about him not standing up in big games.. i've brushed it off and now i've watched it happen and i'm starting to become a believer.

Also you've clearly seen **** all footy to make a statement like that. If you've watched Penrith games you'd see it's the players around gower that are letting Penrith down and you'd also know that Kurt Gidley is more than capable of playing 6... and wouldn't judge him on a one off, 1 day prep game.

I've seen plenty of Gower this year, and he has been woeful. I've seen plenty of Gidley in the 6, and he's sh*t.

I'd pick gower with gidley at 6.

Cred gone.

Gower is playing like sh*t. Gidley proved how awesome he is in the 6 last night.

Anasta/Orford is the only option.

Orford?

I'm assuming you watched todays game. Still NSW's only option?

Talk about blowing your credibility... :doh:

Ray Warren on the footy show today seemed pretty adamant that Orford was the one who will get the NSW spot.

Wonder if today will change that bit of mail he has had

At halfback, I want to make a case for Manly's Michael Monaghan. His four games at No.7 for Manly this season produced an undefeated run against enormous odds. Go back to his game against the Bulldogs a month ago and you'll see a competitive, tough, relentless and inspirational leader.

His tally of metres gained from long kicks ranks second in the NRL for all halfbacks this season and his 11 try assists ranks equal first. His hooker experience means he can get to dummy-half and work in tandem with Buderus to exploit Queensland's defence around the middle.

Brett Kimmorley has been tried too often without success. The Panthers' Craig Gower is not in good form and his record at this level does not warrant special treatment.

Matt Orford had his chance to impress in the City-Country game last year and was disappointing. He wasn't selected this year. His most recent performance for Manly was against the Johnathan Thurston-inspired Cowboys and the Queenslander towelled him up to lead the Cowboys to a huge upset victory.

NSW selectors will probably go with Orford, and if they do I'll support him, but if I were coach I would take the tigerish persistence and courage of Monaghan over the occasional brilliance of Orford. For my game plan, Monaghan is perfect.

I'd select Kurt Gidley on the bench as my fourth reserve and he would be an important part of the game. I would interchange him with Buderus and Monaghan to continue the double-barrelled dummy-half attack on the Queensland forwards. Gidley has been outstanding in this role for the Knights this season and his combination with Buderus in this manner opened my eyes to the prospects of this strategy.

Monaghan, Anasta and Gidley have terrific long kicking games and all three are great kick chasers.

The Maroons are raging hot favourites. I can't see why they deserve this dominance in bookmakers' markets. It's an even-money bet for mine.

Queenslanders are formidable opponents but not unbeatable.

For a start, favouritism will not help Queensland. Origin football doesn't work for them unless they are underdogs and people are writing them off.

Second, I think NSW lost the series last year more than Queensland won it. After four undefeated years, the Blues fumbled their way through the second and third games, and it was our own poor play and crucial errors that invited Queensland to snatch victory. The players and coach will be highly motivated to make up for that lost opportunity with better preparation and game-day execution.

Finally, when I break down their team into smaller parts, I'm confident we can come up with the players and a game plan to win.

People keep pointing to the Queensland back line as their passport to success. They speak in awe of halves Thurston and Darren Lockyer and their ability to ignite a back line including players such as Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate, Justin Hodges and Greg Inglis.

But I'm confident we have the defensive capabilities in the back line to meet these challenges.

Matt King and Matt Cooper should be the centres. Both are big and strong with the expertise to defend up and in to close down the Queensland ball movement.

Jamie Lyon is a fine player and did well for NSW as a youngster a few years ago. Then he became stale and left the game, went overseas to play in the weaker English league, and since returning to Australia he's received an undeserved armchair ride back into representative football.

I like either Jarryd Hayne or Eric Grothe on the left wing and I would push for the goal-kicking talents of Hazem El Masri on the right wing. El Masri will save tries and he will kick goals. That could be all the difference in what will no doubt be a closely contested series.

Play them in the forwards, keep the game up-tempo, drive them crazy from dummy-half, kick long, chase hard, back our fitness, believe in our defence . . . This will take their fancy back line right out of the game.

I love this plan and with it I know this team could go to Brisbane and win the first game of the series.

Source: The Sun-Herald

Phil Gould again.

Pretty sure I had my own mind made up before that tool gould said anything.

Maybe gould actually watches the games like me??

In saying that I don't want Monaghan in the origin... on form he should be there and I think he could handle it. I'm a bit like the selectors in that in a series like the one ahead (Qld being red hot favourites etc) I'd go with someone who has been there before.

It's an important series and the first time in a long time NSW could be on a hiding to nothing before the series kicks off... it's too risky to go for a player on debut.

Kimmorley is **** and I'd prefer to not have anasta at 6.

So for me it's gower and gidley with farah on the bench.

I'd go with someone who has been there before.

it's too risky to go for a player on debut.

Kimmorley is **** and I'd prefer to not have anasta at 6.

So for me it's gower and gidley with farah on the bench.

:lol: When did I miss Gidley and Farah playing for the blues?

hahhaha sorry, I was talking about halfback! :lol:

It's too much of an important position for a first timer THIS YEAR.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6