Gus redefines the meaning of 'Contract'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes. The story is contradictory, to say the least.

Does a club have the right to 'on-sell' a contracted player if that player doesn't want to move? I know it happens in US sport.

If so, then I guess 'Riff could on-sell Jennings for, say, $300,000 and it would save them $300,000 (if he is on the reported $600,000). That would seem to be the only way a club could reduce its player salaries.

HappilyManly said:
The Love of Money is rooting the NRL from all sides :cool:

Lovin the intelligent debate on this thread, but I'll have to bring it to a halt. Any female that uses the word rooting (verbally or written, in any form) has my undying admiration.:p ...carry on...

I've put some serious thought into this and tried to look at it from all sides. I've talked with friends and we've all come to the same basic conclusion......it's penrith, so who gives a flying feck??

Props to Goulds' hair. Good job follicles!

Ryan said:
The Who said:
mozgrame said:
Good on him! That's why he is there.

To break contracts?
No, only dishonest people break contracts.
Gus may be stuck with some existing agreements he doesn't like but he'll have to wait until they expire. He can't change what has already been set in stone.
Only politicians can do that!

What he is doing is illegal, plain and simple, and if true, I'd be surprised if legal counsel isn't sought by the various parties.

I have not read the whole article but how is it illegal? I would think he can ask to vary a contract, in this case remove the clause in question, they can either accept or reject it. If they are rejected then Penrith have to honour the contract.

"Despite the club's well-documented salary cap squeeze, the Panthers are determined to recruit Thurston as a potent on and off-field weapon following the loss of several marquee players in recent seasons.".....This from Josh Massoud today, bet the four players asked to take a paycut would be overjoyed to hear this....

The Who said:
mozgrame said:
All over twitter at the moment that the panthers are not chasing Thurston.

Is Thurston on safari in Africa?

America I think. The Black Panthers. At one stage, they thought he was a white guy trying to put **** on them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6