Guess which club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting... but doubt if it'll even be a rustle in the pile of paper bags.

As I hadn't even heard of the Sorenen brothers story until I clicked the above link.

Historically it would be difficult to find any club, including Manly, that didn't top up their star players wages with a bag of cash ... remember they all had big Leagues Clubs, and the pokies weren't computer controlled, the machines were simply opened and the coins dropped into bags for counting. ..... stories of players waiting out in the car park are legend.

difference is .... back then they were rorting the tax dept. .... today they are rorting the game ...

Not saying it's not true but anything Bobbie Goulding says has to be taken with a pinch of salt. He's a well known Walter Mitty type character who always uses these type of interviews to publicize his want to get back to the game.

Telecrap today reporting that in Olsen Filipano's book he confirms getting $35,000 cash in a bag to sign for Roosters .... it does not say if this was part of his contract or if declared to the tax dept .... anybody know if there is a statute of limitations on tax fraud ???

Telecrap today reporting that in Olsen Filipano's book he confirms getting $35,000 cash in a bag to sign for Roosters .... it does not say if this was part of his contract or if declared to the tax dept .... anybody know if there is a statute of limitations on tax fraud ???
no time limits re fraud or evasion

Almost identical to what John Elias said in his book which, if anyone is interested, was quite a good read.
Sin Bin the untold story of a true footy bad boy

Recall an interview with a former i st grader and short term international many years ago suggesting that even things like an off season luxury over seas trip was not that uncommon for an extra incentive to play with certain well funded clubs . Probably nothing in comparison with the Broncos in past times and for example Lockyer being listed as a 250 grand per season player when at his peak and their Thoroughbred scheme setup .

I remember when Scott Prince ( playing then for the Donkeys) arrived in Moree for the aboriginal knock out and turned up to drinks at the Golfies on Friday night , opened up his wallet to absolute thousands in $100’s and laughed saying “ this is my Thoroughbreds money”.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2