Guess how low the crowd will be

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there will be a least a few vertically challenged adults there, lowering the crowd significantly.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Believe or not I even had a call yesterday from the NRL, they had heard about me bringing fans together.

He said they (as in NRL) are copping a lot of heat as well from the Media.

He asked if I'd let the media people call me to refute some of these stories....I said happily.

To date.......NOT one call!!

Are you surprised??

Why should they be let off the hook? It is all about the TV. I wouldn't be sticking my neck out for them. If it was about the fans then BE's suggestion of a double header or an afternoon game would be the go.

Not to mention the fact that it's an uneven playing field in the ticketing and transport department.
Manly v Cows - Free shuttle buses from the northern beaches ONLY, shuttle buses from Central etc we have to pay for. As another thread shows, we're not all from God's Country.
So me for instance would have to pay for a return train ticket, then bus to and from Central (or walk) - approx $15-$20 extra.
So a GA ticket becomes $40-$45.
Raiders v Rabbits - Free public transport ( trains, buses and I assume ferries too ) from pretty much anywhere in Sydney.
So a GA ticket is still $25.

Level playing field, yeah right.

Brissie Kid said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Give Manly like everyone else a home game and the heat might go away.

Put it on at the SFS but give Manly fans a family friendly kick off time & day and the heat might go away.

I have no sympathy for the NRL at all.

Too many excuses. I'm over it. Just get to the game FFS. So what if it's a Friday night? Like having it on a Saturday night or Sunday arvo would make a bloody difference. Most people just can't be bothered getting off their fat arses to watch the game live at the ground, and support their team.

In saying this, I also believe that Paul Kent should mind his own business. Why does he care now about the way our fans are depicted in the media? What I would love would be to see the paper in maroon on Monday, and their faces painted maroon and white. Unfortunately I fear that isn't going to happen.

I had a good discussion about this with my mum tonight. There is one simple reason why our game will get 15000 and the one on Sunday will get 35000- 40000: We are in the finals every single year. For a lot of families its getting pretty expensive for us. Souths have been in one final in Sydney for 6 years, so their fans are only just forking out for tickets. We've done it at least 10 times in that period of time. To us, winning is expected and a lot of fans become complacent. We don't need that tonight though, so GET THE F**K OUT THERE!!! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

MadMarcus said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
24312 and two cats.

Cameron Smith and Billy Slater are coming?

Nah Thurston and Thaiday. Thurston bought a ticket because he thought he might need somewhere to sit and cry when Choc says hi to him.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Believe or not I even had a call yesterday from the NRL, they had heard about me bringing fans together.

He asked if I'd let the media people call me to refute some of these stories....I said happily.

To date.......NOT one call!!

Are you surprised??

Nope. I've tested numerous times on the telecrap in the comments section: If I type a pro manly comment, it only rarely gets published, but straight after, same email etc, if I type a 'neutral' or other type of comment, then boom! straight in it goes.

I've tried a few diff combos of this and it all boils down to the same thing, the more anti manly comments they print, the better for them.

GE I have to agree, I have sent a few pro Manly comments in and never been published, I don't often bother saying much else on there but did make a negative comment about one story earlier in the year..........it was on in minutes.

Just continues the fact that papers rarely have a good news story.

Mark from Brisbane said:
GE I have to agree, I have sent a few pro Manly comments in and never been published, I don't often bother saying much else on there but did make a negative comment about one story earlier in the year..........it was on in minutes.

Is that why my anti Kent, Rothfield & Ritchie comments never get published

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Is that why my anti Kent, Rothfield & Ritchie comments never get published

Oh no mate, I reckon that's just an oversight.

I have 10 mates who live in Sydney who I would consider to be passionate Manly fans. Only 3 out of the 10 are going to the game tonight. Yep this is a small sample size but it does indicate the crowd isn't going to be great for this sudden death finals game...

I wonder if the Cowboys can break 1,000 fans for the game. Love how the Daily Terror doesn't publish how many of their members have bought tickets.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6