Guess how low the crowd will be

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the Club is adopting the right policy by getting behind the Allianz move. I'm sure they'd prefer it at Brookvale, but there is no point 'fighting the white' on this issue. They did last year and it helped result in a smaller crowd and much (inevitable) criticism directed Manly's way.

In saying that, it's unfair that as one of six teams entitled to play at their 'home' city at some point in the finals series, Manly miss out completely on actually playing at their home ground.

The money from the gate goes to the NRL, not Manly, so I couldn't care less how big or small the crowd is.

It is a modern stadium with everything you could need, plastic seats and no hill so the fans will flock to it like they wouldn't at Brookvale

I know all that coz Darren has been telling us for years :p

Would it be any more if the Sharks, or Penrith were playing the Cowboys,probably not.
Because Channel Nine wants Friday night football, the ARLC has to put up with low crowds on a working day, the only problem is that Manly fans are pilloried over this

Even if the crowd is only 2 they couldn't be any lower than being a dog supporter.

I'm going to be bold and say 22,500

The downside is the fact it's a friday night and a bugger to get to amongst peak hour traffic. It will no doubt turn plenty of people off. Also only our supporters will turn up. Maybe a hundred or so cowboys fans like last year.

The upside is that we aren't up against the rugby world cup. What the media failed to mention last year, was the world cup was on the night we got such a crap crowd. There were 4 matches on that day/night as well. The northern beaches is a strong rugby union area and it was an easy decision last year to stay home and watch both codes on tv.

No excuses this year people. Get out there!

If they are up to 7,000 PAX numbers for a members only day (on day 1) that is not a bad start.

Will have the SFS Members also attending on the night plus junior league passes that can be used.

I think we may do better that one thinks, but need to promote with free buses running from the Northern Beaches. The Manly Daily is going to get behind it. Fri night is not a great night for families travelling, but we need the numbers.

Will do at least 18,000. If we get a crowd of 20,000 to 22,000 (that is going to a good pass).

Everyone can promote it. I know a few neutral people already attending which you want for a NRL Semi Final.

It doesn't bother me if we get just 10000. The bigger the crowd, the less chance there is that games like this (finals against non Sydney teams) will be played at Brookie in the future.

The NRL had the foresight to move Hindy's last game to ANZ. Why can't they use similar logic here and move the game to Brookie. ARLC fail!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6