Greg Inglis should never be considered an immortal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Beaver boy said:
Because in April 2010 whilst playing for the Storm he admitted to assaulting his girlfriend.

Enough said !

Good for you. Your not on a Thai beach are you? :D

Anyone who doesn't know what state they were born and raised in cannot be seriously considered for Immortal status.

I would've thought the active participation in salary cap cheating and subsequent lying about it all would be enough to preclude him from being an immortal.

Interesting subject to judge an immortal by. Whilst I agree nobody who assaults a woman should be judged as an immortal it is bit late to use this criteria. Anyone who is from the older era knows only too well that at least 2 of the existing immortals (not from Manly) did some things as bad if not worse then Inglis. One was well known for mistreating his wife. Only difference is the media today aren't in the clubs pockets and don't cover these things up. And l guess some women also speak up these days thank goodness.

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Interesting subject to judge an immortal by. Whilst I agree nobody who assaults a woman should be judged as an immortal it is bit late to use this criteria. Anyone who is from the older era knows only too well that at least 2 of the existing immortals (not from Manly) did some things as bad if not worse then Inglis. One was well known for mistreating his wife. Only difference is the media today aren't in the clubs pockets and don't cover these things up. And l guess some women also speak up these days thank goodness.

Which is why they are judged solely on footballing prowess.

This can be debated ad nauseum and not everyone will agree but that is the criteria, there were many that didn't want Joey as an immortal due to his off-field dalliances but as stated above it wasn't as well reported in the old days, if at all.

If any players should be considered for the next crop of Immortals....they should be Meninga, Lockyer and the Beaver.

Mal's record speaks for itself. 4 Kangaroo tours (2 as captain). 46 tests, 32 games for Qld (including a few in the old State of Residence format), led Canberra to 3 premierships (and no matter how good Daley, Stuart, Mullins and co. were, they didn't got close after Mal's retirement and actually haven't since). Then there is his record as Qld coach.

Lockyer, despite being a Donkey, is probably the best player I've seen in my time, even better than Joey IMO.

And what do I need to say to Manly fans about the Beaver that we don't already know?

HoldenV8 said:
If any players should be considered for the next crop of Immortals....they should be Meninga, Lockyer and the Beaver.

Mal's record speaks for itself. 4 Kangaroo tours (2 as captain). 46 tests, 32 games for Qld (including a few in the old State of Residence format), led Canberra to 3 premierships (and no matter how good Daley, Stuart, Mullins and co. were, they didn't got close after Mal's retirement and actually haven't since). Then there is his record as Qld coach.

Lockyer, despite being a Donkey, is probably the best player I've seen in my time, even better than Joey IMO.

And what do I need to say to Manly fans about the Beaver that we don't already know?

And despite Inglis being a good player his credentials so far don't equal these .

Meninga will be next, followed by Lockyer and I'd be guessing neither of these for a few years and then maybe both at once.

No one playing currently comes close.

Beaver won't get a mention, sadly.

HoldenV8 said:

Yep, agree with that but there are two players from the black and white days that are always brought up in discussion - Norm Provan who should be next cab off the rank and Ron Coote.
Provan's record of a player, captain and coach during Saints' golden era should be enough to see him there but maybe he was too much of a clean skin.
Coote could be there just for the fact that he's provided one of the greatest rhyming slang ever!

No way I'd even consider Lockyer - how'd he go when he wasn't playing behind a Qld origin or Australian pack? That's right, it never happened...

Spot on, StuBoot. Provan should be the next one considered.

Sea Eagles Rock U said:

Spot on with those comments! ;)

Inglis will be an immortal-no question. Hate him all you like, he is in the handful of the most gifted footballers ever.

HoldenV8 said:

Meninga forfeited any right to immortality with the famous line that he owes Rugb League nothing IMO.

cherry_poppins said:
Cameron Smith should be an immortal

Role redefining player

Yeah, I think he has had more impact on the game than GI. Honestly, GI is just a big strong athlete; not a great footballer. He is hard to tackle, but outside of that, what has he got?! I guess you could say worms (by the look of his post try celebrations).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6