Greg Bird on his way

• Thread starter icantbelieveitsnotbutter
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
thats what i was thinking CW - the only was this was true is if it wasnt adhd meds and hence why it wasnt disclosed first up.

Why wouldn't we accept his version of events?

We're all to keen to believe Brett Stewarts a saint with nothing more to go on.

Brett Stewart didn't try and pin it on his best mate/flatmate. Plus I'm sure in Brett's case the "alleged" truth will come out at trial, not at appeal when it does have a smell of complicity and concoction about it. I'm no legal expert, but why wouldn't you give this "evidence" at your initial trial ?

I hope both will be charged for hindering a police investigation.

Bird wins appeal, avoids jail

Disgraced rugby league player Greg Bird will walk free after a judge quashed his conviction for glassing girlfriend Katie Milligan in the face during an argument.

Ms Milligan suffered a broken eye socket and cuts to her eye during an altercation at the former NRL player's flat in August last year.

In April, the former Cronulla Shark and Australian representative was convicted of recklessly wounding his American lover and in June was sentenced to at least eight months jail time, with a maximum of 16 months.

Bird, who now plays for French team the Catalans Dragons in the English Super League, was granted bail immediately after lodging an appeal the same day.

On the third day of Bird's appeal hearing at the Downing Centre District Court on Tuesday, Judge Michael Finnane overturned his conviction.

Bird and Ms Milligan had originally blamed their flatmate Brent Watson for the glassing attack but he was not at the Cronulla flat at the time of the incident.

They refused to give statements to police about the altercation and refused to give evidence at his local court trial, with Ms Milligan later saying they had been advised there was no chance of conviction.

Both gave evidence at Bird's appeal hearing this week, blaming Ms Milligan's drug use and aggression for the fight which she started.

She told the court that during the fight she "lunged" at Bird with a water glass as he took a "defensive position" and tried to grab her wrists.

Neither could explain how the glass broke, just saying that Ms Milligan fell to the floor clutching her eye.

Bird said he tried to convince Ms Milligan to tell the truth - that it had been an accident - but Ms Milligan did not think anyone would believe Bird had not been involved.

"I didn't believe anybody would believe it was an accident - here's a guy who everyone wants to believe is an aggressive footballer," she told the court.

"I didn't want his name associated with it in any way."

"I didn't want his name associated with it in any way."

Gee she did a good job of achieving that outcome. Moron.

I wonder if this means he can now sue The Sharks for unfair dismissal? Right or wrong, I'm just asking?

Now he is a free man it will test the veracity of "I camtbelievetsnot butters" claim around Bird & Manly

Ryan link said:
I wonder if this means he can now sue The Sharks for unfair dismissal? Right or wrong, I'm just asking?

From memory they sacked him for not telling the truth about the incident, not the actual incident itself. In view of the "flatmate" defence and the subsequent "evidence" presented at appeal, I'd say he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle has set out his intentions to negotiate for Bird, and the Cowboys claim that no other club can top their bid for him.

Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart has left the door open for Greg Bird to make a dramatic return to the club that sacked him 15 months ago, saying 'it makes sense' for the fallen NRL star to resume playing for the Sharks.

Meanwhile the Galloping Goose says any club wanting to sign Greg Bird will need to demonstrate how they'll manage the controversial star before he can be registered.

snake is god link said:
bird and thurston can both get stuffed. ones a rapist and the other is a wife basher

I'd retract that if I was you. You could get yourself and others in serious trouble with comments like that.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4