Greenturds selective policy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I see that the whinging worms start winger Sivo is allowed to play in the Nines this weekend. Umm, isnt the charge he is accused of sexual harrassment of a woman in Fiji? Umm I know the trial is in a couple of weeks and he may well be cleared of this charge.

If he is not and the NRL ban him, well I think we need to look at Greenturds selective policy about protecting the game from players who trangress.

If I remember, Dylan Walker was charged with assaulting his partner and had to wait till May for the trial to proceed and he was exhonerated from the charge, bottom line is he was forced out for the first 8 games of the season. Why is Sivo allowed to play then, if a trial is pending???

I expect Greenturd looked both Sivo and Dylan in the eye and had different conclusions.

The fact that this boofhead is the judge and jury in relation to this policy is damming and if Sivo is found guilty and later banned from the game, it is also time for the clubs to call for Greenturds removal of CEO of the game!!!

The people that run our game are not all black and white . They are all Greenberg

Greenberg looks like and reminds of Colonel Klink in Hogans Heroes who was in charge of Stalag 13

Both Klink and Greenburg have no idea

Colonel Greenberg at another NRL press conference
35c5c14d0dd5c59a7bc5b57c06a32588.jpg

Last edited:
No it’s pretty simple and you need to understand how it works !!

Toddy has a big wheel with about 6 clubs logo’s on there ( think Choccolate wheel).

It’s called “ Toddy’s Wheel of Fortune”.

He’s spun it for 2019 and it’s landed on the Eels.

They will get EVERY decision go their way , on field and off , but they only get one year to do it in ( unless they are lucky enough to have the wheel stop on their logo again in 2020).

He also has a seperate wheel called “The Wheel of Destiny”, and the other 10 clubs are all in that one, when it’s your turn on that one you are destined to have a miserable year.

Toddy’s spun the first one but the second hasn’t been decided yet ( we’ll only know that as the year progresses).

The NRL's treatment of the various mandatory 'no-fault' instances are so different that it is the exact opposite of a black-and-white rule which was supposedly introduced to stem the game from being brought into disrepute.
It seems the actions of Silvo, Scott and Reynolds have not damaged the reputation of rugby league, so they are free to play. To come to this decision requires judgement. Therefore, the NRL has taken these three matters into its own hands, like a judiciary, and until a court decides an outcome the NRL will turn a blind eye to the allegations.
Yet de Belin, Walker and May were/are forced from the game until the court has/had made its legal decision.
The NRL's "no-fault" rule should be renamed the Animal Farm Rule because players are only equal if they play for a favoured club.

They (they meaning of course Greenberg) will say they are 'making no judgment on guilt or innocence, that is a matter for the courts'. Yes they are making a judgment call and exercising their discretion, but that is based, I guess, on 'how bad it looks' or 'how much damage the case might occasion to the game'. Or something. That is what they will say.

Not altogether an unreasonable approach, aside from a couple of things.

First, how about publish the criteria for making the judgments which are not judgments of guilt but judgments about 'something else', the nature and detail of which we the paying public can only guess at.

Second, take the decision out of Greenberg's hands. On so many levels it is such a bad look for the game.

They (they meaning of course Greenberg) will say they are 'making no judgment on guilt or innocence, that is a matter for the courts'. Yes they are making a judgment call and exercising their discretion, but that is based, I guess, on 'how bad it looks' or 'how much damage the case might occasion to the game'. Or something. That is what they will say.

Not altogether an unreasonable approach, aside from a couple of things.

First, how about publish the criteria for making the judgments which are not judgments of guilt but judgments about 'something else', the nature and detail of which we the paying public can only guess at.

Second, take the decision out of Greenberg's hands. On so many levels it is such a bad look for the game.

Your last paragraph really says it all.

The other thing, of course, is how the NRL are trying to force an accused person (Scott) to hand over evidence in a court case, so they can, er ... um ... "not make any judgment on guilt or innocence". Yeah, sure, sounds quite believable lol.

It just gets worse doesn’t it.

I know zero about legal matters but I do have common sense.

It however appears that the NRL CEO doesn’t!!!

Oh no Mark, he is way too smart to use common sense!
The problems with the stand down policy is that it was a knee jerk reaction not fully thought through. The sheer number of player indiscretions in that last off-season forced the league's hands to some extent, but it has been going on for so long that they should have been thinking about a policy long before that off-season from hell. For example, after Brett Stewart was acquitted? The fact Brett was injured for almost the entire time he was waiting for his trial allowed the league to stick their heads in the sand about the issue, but it was bound to recur at some time.

Any individual that publicly comes out and openly tells the public that; "consistency is overrated" he/she is telling us not to expect anything fair, or transparent, as this individual will lie, cheat, do what is best for his/her interests, make decisions depending on how his day is going, tell the public one thing then do the opposite two days later, make decisions based on the like/dislike of another individual.

How can anyone have confidence in a system like that?

Further, employing any CEO of any club to work for the NRL, and hand him/her a position where they must make decisions regarding any NRL club, or the players, the element of independence and fairness is gone before walking into the office on the first day.

There is no way to make a judgement on stand down and not guilt.
The only way to make it black and white is to say "you are charged with an offense that requires a court attendance, you are ineligible to play until the result of that court date"
Blanket and black and white. Not the shades of grey judgement calla.

I'm not entirely sure how they assume the idea of being stood down is somehow preventative of things happening.

If the fear of a jail or financial sentence is not enough then really how will this help.

It's a complete and utter farce and doesn't go to treating or fixing the issue but instead treating the symptom

Well done numbnuts

I genuinely believe this year will be one of the worst for the rest of us in turdys favouritism stakes as his desperation for the slime to succeed in the battle for the wild west at their shiny new, govt built stadium ramps up.
The signs are there that this criminal will stop at nothing to see them have a very successful season and his loose decision in this case removes all doubt.
It's dangerous when an individual in charge of an organisation loses all care in how he, the NRL or the game is perceived.
I care not what he does with his own credibility because he has none but I do care about the games remaining cred.
The fact that he was prepared to hang josh Reynolds out to dry, despite it being a not new story as revealed by a journo, makes this clown and his cohorts very dangerous people to have in charge of something so important to us all...

I genuinely believe this year will be one of the worst for the rest of us in turdys favouritism stakes as his desperation for the slime to succeed in the battle for the wild west at their shiny new, govt built stadium ramps up.
The signs are there that this criminal will stop at nothing to see them have a very successful season and his loose decision in this case removes all doubt.
It's dangerous when an individual in charge of an organisation loses all care in how he, the NRL or the game is perceived.
I care not what he does with his own credibility because he has none but I do care about the games remaining cred.
The fact that he was prepared to hang josh Reynolds out to dry, despite it being a not new story as revealed by a journo, makes this clown and his cohorts very dangerous people to have in charge of something so important to us all...

And so much for our great White hope , VLandy’s , that’s worked a treat hasn’t it.......not!!

The Eels player is charged with indecent assault against a woman. If guilty he could get up to 5 years in jail in Fiji. It is not a trivial allegation, despite the quaint terminology on the original charge. He wasn't even allowed to leave Fiji until the court later relaxed his bail conditions so he could attend Eels training. Under the Fiji Crimes Act he could get up to 5 years if guilty.

But he's fine to play in the 9s. I'd love to know the reasoning here!
Is it...
(1) he's not guilty (well it can't be that because they don't look at guilt or innocence)
(2) it happened in Fiji so Greenberg is confident the Eels can pay off the complainant and it will all go away
(3) it happened in Fiji so it's too far away to damage the game in Australia
(4) there's really nothing wrong with giant drunk rugby league players groping female bar staff so even if he's guilty of something like that it's no biggy, play on
(5) he's an Eels player

The Eels player is charged with indecent assault against a woman. If guilty he could get up to 5 years in jail in Fiji. It is not a trivial allegation, despite the quaint terminology on the original charge. He wasn't even allowed to leave Fiji until the court later relaxed his bail conditions so he could attend Eels training. Under the Fiji Crimes Act he could get up to 5 years if guilty.

But he's fine to play in the 9s. I'd love to know the reasoning here!
Is it...
(1) he's not guilty (well it can't be that because they don't look at guilt or innocence)
(2) it happened in Fiji so Greenberg is confident the Eels can pay off the complainant and it will all go away
(3) it happened in Fiji so it's too far away to damage the game in Australia
(4) there's really nothing wrong with giant drunk rugby league players groping female bar staff so even if he's guilty of something like that it's no biggy, play on
(5) he's an Eels player
Lock in number 5 please Eddie.
Although there's probably no wrong answer here.
And I'm trying to recall if Radradra missed any games after his indiscretion a couple of years ago either...

I saw today that Curtis Scott has ditched his lawyer, the one who unloaded in the nrl the other day. I can’t help but think the nrl has applied some pressure here...

Or maybe Curtis realised his lawyer was an idiot.

You know what they say, it takes one to know one.

Curtis should’ve spotted him from a mile away.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4