Green released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hard to contemplate us releasing Green without having a replacement locked in. Club said as much on the record.

Too coincidental that Pearce asks for (and is granted) a release on the very same day.

If we have traded Green for Pearce then we are a much stronger unit moving forward. Good result.

Hard to contemplate us releasing Green without having a replacement locked in. Club said as much on the record.

Too coincidental that Pearce asks for (and is granted) a release on the very same day.

If we have traded Green for Pearce then we are a much stronger unit moving forward. Good result.

This is my thought. It lines up way too conveniently. Also Baz just re-signed so for someone like Pearce, that would be an attractive feature as Baz and Pearce are well acquainted.

If Pearce has signed, we might have to wait the 10 day cooling off period before an announcement, as the ink might have only dried today after the roosters granted him a release.

I imagine we will be paying big coin to secure him, but its worth it.

Thanks for your time at Manly Blake Green, you did help turn things around here in 2017. And good luck with the Warriors.....unfortunately you're going to need a lot of luck getting that mob to fire more than once a decade.

As to signing Pearce.....I'm not his #1 fan but I wouldn't be saying no to someone of his experience joining DCE in the halves.

Officially has joined the Warriors this morning. Given he only was officially released yesterday I would assume the 10 day cooling off period didn’t apply. Could that potentially also occur with Pearce?

I have to ask, if The Warriors wanted the services of a fully contracted player so much, why wouldn't have Lyal Gorman struck a player swap bargain / deal, or at least compensation like Penrith demanded? I get the helping out Green bit, but surely we aren't a charity here.

And I say this whether we have signed a replacement 5/8, or not.

Because either we have a replacement and were keen to let Blake go ... or we are privately confident one or more of our back-ups will step up.

I don't think Baz is too worried which way it works out ... he has a plan

Officially has joined the Warriors this morning. Given he only was officially released yesterday I would assume the 10 day cooling off period didn’t apply. Could that potentially also occur with Pearce?

The cooling off period is from when you sign the new deal ... not from when you are released.

So you’re saying he signed the deal with the Warriors whilst still contracted and not yet being released by Manly?

No .. in response to your post which you implied that there was no cooling off period between being released and signing with Warriors .... I am saying he was released yesterday (that's final) he then signed the deal with Warriors (same day) .. and now the 10 day cooling off period starts for him to be able to renege on the Warriors deal if he wants.

No .. in response to your post which you implied that there was no cooling off period between being released and signing with Warriors .... I am saying he was released yesterday (that's final) he then signed the deal with Warriors (same day) .. and now the 10 day cooling off period starts for him to be able to renege on the Warriors deal if he wants.

A club cannot announce a signing until the cooling off period has finished though.

Which is why we went through page after page of Joel Thompson comments waiting for the club to announce his signing after the cooling off period which obviously didn’t eventuate.

Pearce will be a great signing IMHO. Lots of energy and with less pressure on him the little bugger can run and play a Foran like role. I think he will be really good.

He might need a few etiquette lessons but after that I'd let him North to join us kindred spirits.

NYEagle

The process is that the Player's current Club has to announce his leaving, after 10 days has lapsed.

Only then can the new Club parade him in their colours.

There is no reneg window open now.:shake:

Green and Manly would have done all this behind close doors, then made the announcement 10 days later.

So you’re saying he signed the deal with the Warriors whilst still contracted and not yet being released by Manly?

I wonder if Green signed a contract that was conditional on release. So he signed, terms agreed and on release from manly it came into effect. Mabye in this case the 10 day period has passed as the contract terms were already agreed.

Just a thought.

Pretty sure if you released there is no cooling off period. That was designed to give clubs another chance at players who were under contract and were then signed by other clubs (which happened with say Marty T)

The process is that the Player's current Club has to announce his leaving, after 10 days has lapsed.

Only then can the new Club parade him in their colours.

There is no reneg window open now.:shake:

Green and Manly would have done all this behind close doors, then made the announcement 10 days later.

So you are saying the story about Politis talking to Pearce yesterday and agreeing to release him is all bull**** ... and that we will have to wait 10 days for Easts to announce Pearce is leaving...

If both club and player agree to a part ways .. that's it ... done and dusted .. tell the world. (however in this instance Pearce has only a verbal ok to go, contracts are yet to be shredded)

And following DCE's backflip with a triple twist and pike .. it may now be the norm to not announce signings til after the 10 day cooling off period .. but I would hardly think that is a legal rule ... if either or both parties wish to announce the signing I am certain they will, as I believe Warriors and Blake are ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4