Great signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
It is awesome to say for the 2nd time in 2 weeks, what an awesome TEAM effort that was, not a player you can mark out as being poor in that game.

Is great to see us shut down comprehensively the team regarded as having the best attacking footy in them by a lot of judges, and really starting to click in attack as we get our combinations on the park consistently

Cutherberson, can't say enough of the bloke, the skills are awesome, and most importantly, offer us something not many other sides in the comp can boast.
Will mention Matai at the same time, some dumb stuff in there, and a couple of bad reads, but a very good game from him also. Big hits really lifting the crowd up behind the side, and the metres made and offload to Cutherberson for the Robertson try was top notch.
Monaghan is instrumental in our success, his game may not look as pretty as Ballins, but at this point and time, he is better for our side and is doing some great things

The much malinged players mentioned above, have some mistake in them, but when on song can be real difference makers, which will be crucial in the finals

Lyon, getting better every game in the 6. imo if Burns was in the 6, neither of Menzies tries are scored. Defensively was amazing, the job he and Menzies did on Tuiaki was as good as you will see

Hall off the bench gave us some really good punch through the line tonight, hope he keeps it up

Afamasaga looked very good tonight too, plenty of involvement and always a bit of extra leg drive in the tackles, will prove to be a very asttue buy i reckon

Orford getting better every week. The most encouraging sign for me is his option taking has improved by miles, and he is no longer predictable in that facet. Will still like to see him kicking to Robertsons wing a lot more

Menzies, just a classic Menzies game, top class tackling, top class ball running. ABout another 5 years in him

Am so bloody happy at the moment, i rate that game equal with the Storm win because it was so good in so many areas. I hope Bell isn't too bad, because the longer we can keep our full backline on the field, the more potent we will get every week as they learn to work off each other

Agree with it all, now we must back it up with a win next Friday against the Sharks in the shire.

Hard to be critical of that effort. A good all round team performance.

The Tigers kept trying it up the middle, and whilst they made some good ground our defence held tight save for one simple miss that lead to their only try. Whenever they went wide they got smashed by Lyon, Matai, Beaver and Co.

Only thing I was disappointed with was our kicking game. Monas had one good 40-20 but I thought we didn't find the grass often enough, especially in 2nd half with the breeze. Orford's short kicking game was a bit of a mixed bag as well, a couple of them came off for repeats, but there were also a couple of poor ones.

Anyway good all round effort from the forwards, thought Bryant and Hall stood up in the absence of King. Lyon looked likely at times with the ball and his set up of Beavers second try was nice work, need to see more of that.

Good win, let's back it up by smashing the Flakes at Ronson next week, that'd make me a very, very, very happy man. I hate the Gummies.

We need to be careful not to push the pass too often. There is a fine line between confidence to off-load and stupid passes under pressure.

i disagree with orford being onsong as such, his long kicking game went down the throat of the tigpies until they made what looked to be a planned change to have monas kick long. his kicks bounced nicely for the opposition but at least he found grass. They did improve from both throughout the match

Will mention Matai at the same time, some dumb stuff in there, and a couple of bad reads, but a very good game from him also. Big hits really lifting the crowd up behind the side, and the metres made and offload to Cutherberson for the Robertson try was top notch.

Agree with everything you say, the headbutt might see him out next match. If Bell is also out through injury we might have Menzies & Neuman (sp) as the centres .....

Menzies, just a classic Menzies game, top class tackling, top class ball running. ABout another 5 years in him

One of our best. He needed a couple of games to get his timing right, it came back last night.

It would be a joke if the judiciary even claim that as anything close to a headbutt. However i wouldn't put it past them

Good write up KE.

If that "head butt" was from a bird, gallen or one of the other current media poster boys they would have nothing to worry about.

But Matai is starting to get a Hoppa-sized target etched onto his back.

Yes that is definitely true mata, so he is going to have to get a lot smarter in his game but still keep his aggressive style, which really lifts the side

Yep. Definitely got to get that ball throw after earning a penalty out of his game. I love it when he smashes a bloke then lies on them telling them all about it, from that point he needs to step back anfd move on.

Where would we (I) be without Matai showing that side of his play. He can be such a dumarse. Orford's kicks were tragic at times. When his only go five to ten metres, why doesn't he let Lyon take the sideline kicks? Pity we let them score 4.

Where would we (I) be without Matai showing that side of his play. He can be such a dumarse. Orford's kicks were tragic at times. When his only go five to ten metres, why doesn't he let Lyon take the sideline kicks? Pity we let them score 4.

I just do not understand why we persist with Orford taking the drop outs and penalty kicks. MM has a much longer kick than Orford

The commentators mentioned several times how short Orford's drop-outs were. Often struggling to get past the 30 metre line when he was kicking into the wind!

The commentators mentioned several times how short Orford's drop-outs were. Often struggling to get past the 30 metre line when he was kicking into the wind!
30 metres WITH the wind you mean.

Orford does get 'hang time' which allows the chasers to get under the ball and hit the tackler. I would be interested to have a watch on how long it takes from them to come down.

If that \"head butt\" was from a bird, gallen or one of the other current media poster boys they would have nothing to worry about.

But Matai is starting to get a Hoppa-sized target etched onto his back.

Well, well, well! Monday afternoon is going to be interesting. there is not doubt that Gallen head butted that red head from the Roosters and it was far more obvious and worse than Matai's effort.

I watched the tape of the Matai thing again yesterday, nothing in it

Gallens was as blatant as they come last night, should take a skate for it. However if they take Gallen for it, i am sure they will ping Matai as well to avoid complaints

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4