Grant Mayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MNF

Well well well are we suprised I know most people love him and think he is doing a GREAT job but yet again he is shooting blanks.Tuopo,Carney,Creagh,Odonnell,Gallen,I'm sure I have missed a few more.Look at the facts he PROMISED us fans a BIG name signing and he talks himself up yet never delivers.The truth is and I know a lot of you don't want to here it,but when we used to want a player we used to get him now we get nothing,Oh wait there he's now going to resign the young talent yeah what talent I ask.I like how he withdraws the offer when he is informed of the sharks deal.So what now I here talk of Holdsworth,Dobson,and maybe a PISS head named Reni,REAL big names.The truth is we made the grand final and yet top line players are shunning us why,well I have spoken to a player manager (Beavis) and he tells me when the player meets Mayer they are less then impressed with his attitude,but even worse when they meet Des they almost fall asleep with his boring talk.Thats Fact,so unless we sign a new exec who can come thru with a big name this club is on the slide,and were is MAX get some balls and punt this No Hoper

Thanks for that MNF
That's what I love about forums....the ability to get the inside track from knowledgeable and articulate individuals who help educate us lesser mortals on the finer points of the game and the business of running an NRL team in today's comp......
(Sheeesh!)

Did you glean all this information through the cubicle wall as he was creating employment for you by laying some cable in the toilet adjacent to the cubicle you were cleaning.

While I think MNF is a MSE dribbler……the thing I didn’t get about Mayer was his attitude towards Tupou when the decision making process lingered on.

I can understand if there was a whole raft of top line players coming off contract and we didn’t  to spend all our time waiting on one player, but the facts are that Tupou is one of very few top line players coming off contract that would benefit Manly and waiting an extra few days wouldn’t of hurt us at all if it meant we had him on our books for 4 years.

Mayer comes out and says that we are sick of how long it was taking, what chance is Tupou then of turning around and joining us? buckley’s and none.

Long contract negotiations are part and parcel for top line players these days, we’ve got to accept that. If we are going to take a hard line on all future approaches to blue chip players then we may as well not try and just look at signing other clubs rejects who would grab onto anything which meant they got to run around again.

First of all, MNF buy an enter key please, paragraphs should be your friend!

Matt, I think the attitude was right we should have pulled the pin on him long ago. Toupou was never coming here just using us as a bargaining chip.

We are walk overs and have been for a long while. So lets just be glad we had the balls to tell him to walk.

DVS Matt link said:
While I think MNF is a MSE dribbler……the thing I didn’t get about Mayer was his attitude towards Tupou when the decision making process lingered on.

I can understand if there was a whole raft of top line players coming off contract and we didn’t  to spend all our time waiting on one player, but the facts are that Tupou is one of very few top line players coming off contract that would benefit Manly and waiting an extra few days wouldn’t of hurt us at all if it meant we had him on our books for 4 years.

Mayer comes out and says that we are sick of how long it was taking, what chance is Tupou then of turning around and joining us? buckley’s and none.

Long contract negotiations are part and parcel for top line players these days, we’ve got to accept that. If we are going to take a hard line on all future approaches to blue chip players then we may as well not try and just look at signing other clubs rejects who would grab onto anything which meant they got to run around again.

Grant Mayers comments didnt effect our chances of signing Twopoo. Mayer said "we are sick of talking about Twopoo", not specifically how long it was taking. He said this AFTER we had withdrawn the offer, not during contract negotiations.

The reason for the withdrawal of offer was that we had moved on (to other recruitment targets) & so had Twopoo (finalising deal with the sharks).

Byso - To avoid any confusion - No I'm not MNF (God forbid!)
I don't hide behind a keyboard and stir things up with half baked ideas and ill informed opinions.
My reply to MNF was made with my tongue very firmly in my cheek
There's quite a few who come on here and the official site that know me/can vouch for me hopefully.........

vidmar link said:
Byso - To avoid any confusion - No I'm not MNF (God forbid!)
I don't hide behind a keyboard and stir things up with half baked ideas and ill informed opinions.
My reply to MNF was made with my tongue very firmly in my cheek
There's quite a few who come on here and the official site that know me/can vouch for me hopefully.........

You sound normal  ;)

Well he is doing his best to fire up this weeks opposition I see

Bulldogs aura just a 'myth': Manly

April 22, 2008 MANLY chief executive Grant Mayer ignited a war of words with the Bulldogs insisting their intimidating aura is now just "a myth".

full article here

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23582109-23214,00.html

Zorba did the same thing prior to the Brookie game last year and they came out and blew us away.

Last thing club officials should do it give ammo to opposition teams.

Canteen Worker link said:
Zorba did the same thing prior to the Brookie game last year and they came out and blew us away.

Last thing club officials should do it give ammo to opposition teams.

Now THAT'S confidence for you !! ;)

Club officials should stick to what they do best which is the admin and leave coaching and official statements to the coach. Parra are a perfect example of this.

I agree, the club officials have no place in promoting the game in order to try and draw a bigger crowd at their home ground resulting in greater revenue.

Idiots the lot of them

MNF - mate - are you pulling everyone's chain, or are you serious about this thread dude?

1) We are turning a profit for the 1st time in years under Mayer;
2) We have bought blue chip players year in year out under him;
3) Players hate leaving us;
4) Our brand is being put into overseas area's;
5) Sponsorship is up;
6) Membership is up.

I just don't get where your coming from here mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4