Grant Mayer replied to my Contract Negotiation thread !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
After reading with interest your comments regarding contract negotiations, I wanted to ease your minds by giving you a understanding of the process we are going through.

Many of you would have heard that the NRL are investigating the possibility of introducing an elite Under 20's competition in 2008 as a replacement for the current Jersey Flegg competition. Whilst this competition has not been given the green light, there appears to be enough support amongst the majority of the clubs to make it eventuate.

The short term ramifications of this new direction from the NRL are extensive and obviously have an impact upon player negotiations. Compounding this issue is the fact that Premier League will cease to exist in its current form. A suitable replacement for this competition has not been tabled.

As diehard fans counting the minutes to the start of 2007, I certainly understand your frustration about being kept in the dark in this period leading up to Christmas. Please understand that our first obligation is to the players and their families.

Once concrete information is available, rest assured that football club members, sponsors and season ticket holders will be the next to know the comings and goings at Narrabeen.

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to speaking with each and every one of you at some stage in the future.

In the meantime, don’t forget to renew your ticket or membership ASAP.

Regards

Grant Mayer
Chief Executive Officer
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Great work from Grant in my opinion. This is the sort of thing that mends the gap between fans and management in my opinion..

Well done !!!

"Once concrete information is available, rest assured that football club members, sponsors and season ticket holders will be the next to know the comings and goings at Narrabeen."

hahahahaha... yeah right.

To be fair Bob I thought the updates that I received during this season were generally very good.

I think the club is working hard at it and hopefully things will get better over time.

Ryan - did you have permission to reprint the email?

I like how at the end he makes sure you've repurchased your season tickets! Tell him you'll do so when he buys a replacement for BK.

At least he had the decency to reply unlike some of the others who have planted their cob webs in the Narrabeen bunker over the last few years.

The club is doing pretty well and the improvement in memeber packages etc & even the website is a testimony those who are fighting against the insular culture that has pervaded the club over recent years.

It is amazing how things change when there has been recent movement in the roles/positions?

Guys - it was a response on the public official site - sorry Canteen - you can't nab me here mate.

It's a worry !

At least he didn't swear at the patrons and threaten to down a bottle of scotch online like some of his employees have been known to do in the past.

LOL - True Mata - but when you have relo's who are sponsors, I believe compensations can be made !!!

@Ryan how does Joe stack up against Grant?

I wrote to Joke Elly twice now, and have been completely ignored. I actually introduced a potential major sponsor to Pat Wilson those years ago (NAB). He couldn't sell it, so NAB went with Souths.

Without a major sponsor, I attempted to get ANZ in touch with Kelly and his team, but the first time, I received that pre-populated e-mail, and the second attempt, I was completely ignored. The head of ANZ marketing then told me not to bother.

Also, Grant Mayer was the reason I got off my arse to create that actual manual petition, where we got people at the ground, clubs, pubs, everyone to help, and got 10k odd signatures, that Mayer, Gallop and Annersely provided to Morris Iemma just before we got 10 mill in funding (don't know where that went).

I don't get it.

Some CEO's inspire buy-in and loyalty. Others make you want to tear up your membership. Kelly is an A-grade shocker - sorry - both on and off the field.

It is the old saying Ryan, "You can take the horse to water, but the horse has got to want to drink it!" It is a shame that Kelly seems to not be willing to correspond with the fans. We need a CEO who is upfront with the fans where ever possible, treating us as mushrooms is poor form and after the last year or so we all deserve a hell of a lot better!!

It is the old saying Ryan, "You can take the horse to water, but the horse has got to want to drink it!" It is a shame that Kelly seems to not be willing to correspond with the fans. We need a CEO who is upfront with the fans where ever possible, treating us as mushrooms is poor form and after the last year or so we all deserve a hell of a lot better!!

If your turning your nose up at the opportunity of major sponsorship, then your just a meat-head.

It
If your turning your nose up at the opportunity of major sponsorship, then your just a meat-head.
is a no brainer and symptom of the all the disfunction we have been seeing. This club desparately needs to take advantage of any chances like that. We are a million miles behind our rivals in relation to selling our brand. That has to improve right now!

It

is a no brainer and symptom of the all the disfunction we have been seeing. This club desparately needs to take advantage of any chances like that. We are a million miles behind our rivals in relation to selling our brand. That has to improve right now!

Meh, I'm just not going to bother anymore. People got pissed of with ME for offering my season ticket as a gift, because I've become dissollusioned. The contents in this email are the reasons why. I hope people understand that.

It's as though they are honestly attempting to get us out of Brooky, and into another stadium. No wonder the players are not committed. I don't think Kelly / Penn / Toovey and their cronies could inspire a virgin in a brothel.

Of course they are trying to get us out of Brookie.
It has been bleeding obvious for ages now.
Brookie is not a profitable exercise, unfortunately.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4