Grant Atkins abused by AFB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ray Hadley is really pushing vlandys for Addin suspension to be changed to 8 weeks plus. He is now taking calls by offended people to push this. Ray Hadleys hidden agenda is that he hates anti vaxxers and is a Parra supporter

too bad the chargehas already been accepted and ruled upon but don’t be surprised to see the Manly loading come into it again

deny

or manly should forfeit the year.

**** this tin pot second rate competition.

The irony of sports 'journos' trying to hold themselves up as some type of moral beacon would be hilarious if if wasn't so pathetic.

Guy's apologised, been banned, just because some successfully sued journo thug wants to make waves before I dunno, punching out another colleague, or have another domestic call against him doesn't mean V'landys should come out of hibernation while ref after ref makes (cheats) howlers against Manly.

Furious with him! These outbursts (plural) are going to cost us big time, including quite possibly our season.

After all the good the club has done in supporting these special needs charities and AFB's shown total disrespect for them.

Just when our chips are really down, AFB's finished it off with his stupidity. Beggars belief :mad:

Ahhh the mudia sharks are circulating.

Maybe he should have just driven home drunk as, putting numerous lives at risk, and then an "eyeballing" complete with media kid gloves would have sufficed as punishment.

It’ll be another 3 week charge , accept the penalty , 2 weeks.

Wont see AFB for a month.

Although I’m not sure how they’ll do it as it’s not like ( for example ) , he was sent off for a high tackle ( 3 weeks ) and then told the referee off ( a seperate charge all together ).

But it is the NRL and we are Manly so they will find a way.

If this goes any further it will be a media driven stitch up he has already been charged with being disrespectful to the useless officials so what are they going to do ,charge him twice for the same offense ? I posted the below on another thread
Ray Hadley going to town on AFB and the spastic remark under the tunnel (the trainers or Manly officials should have kept him away from the refereeing buffoons it was just a powder keg waiting to go off and it did )
Of course remembering Hadley had his own issues abusing an employee for some slight committed and then calling him a spastic .AFB is 24 ish and had just been the victim of yet another howler robbing him and his team of opportunity and emotions were running high (that doesn't excuse his behavior) Hadley was the tender age of 52 when he called someone a spastic because his tea was too cold or too hot or his free sandwiches didn't turn up .The word hypocrite screams to mind !!

Well the media is delighting in this. Addin's behaviour needs to be addressed. Young people are supposed to be the most educated in the era of PC but I highly doubt AFB's an academic.
Hadley, the Telegraph and other media outlets are ensuring that as many people as possible can be offended. In printing offensive words that a 24 year old d**khead said, they are trying to conjure up offence and outrage.
They are not helping anyone, only further upsetting a group of people who have the right to be upset and encouraging the mob of the perpetually outraged.
IMO education and community service with people and families of people with disabilities is the right way to go to develop empathy and understanding that this language can hurt. That's where this should go, not an outrage campaign.
So what's next for AFB? Are Manly encouraged to drop him? Maybe he can find redemption at the Roosters on a drastically reduced contract.@:rolleyes:
Season slipping away second by second.

Furthermore, I was very close to the tunnel and I noticed Atkins came off with the touch judges looking very annoyed with AFB, who was ahead of him going to the sheds. I won't elaborate but this whole matter should've/could've been avoided! :banghead:

That looks even worse!! Why no sin bin?

Here is the issue I have with all of this.

When we were denied the opportunity to try and win (or was it level the scores?) in that game against St Merge in Wollongong because the touch judge and referee both failed to call the I think it was Aitken for changing his line and deliberately impeding, the touchie was dropped to NSW Cup and the ref was dropped to running the lines for a couple of weeks. And neither of them had the benefit of umpteen video replays to go by. Horsehead did have the benefit of all those replays so why shouldn't he be subject to the same punishment?

Its a bit rich coming from Hadley, i guess he is just reporting the news as conveyed from Dany Weidler.

But, its a bad look, and a bad choice of words and language.

I cant condone or find any excuse for any of it. I actually think its disgusting to call anyone those names, even without the expletives.

If its decided 8 weeks is more appropriate than 3 so be it.

Its called justice by moral authorites like Hadley lol. AFB was wrong, the langauge was very inappropriate. The term spastic or retard is highly offensive. Things need to also be put into context. When a team is denied like we were on Sunday it spikes emotions when cold hearted officials do what they please and there is NO penalty for them! Also I remember Lleyton Hewitt using those words on the tennis court during the heat of battle and nothing was done.

I know the club does some fantastic work with the Cerebral Palsy Alliance up at Allambie heights and I think it would be appropriate that AFB spending some time there during his suspension to understand what these children and their families go through when dealing with such conditions like cerebral palsy or down syndrome.

It was a bad look for the game and AFB has to learn from this!!

Furious with him! These outbursts (plural) are going to cost us big time, including quite possibly our season.

After all the good the club has done in supporting these special needs charities and AFB's shown total disrespect for them.

Just when our chips are really down, AFB's finished it off with his stupidity. Beggars belief :mad:

100% correct.

So Ray Hadley is going off about AFB is he ...

Attachments

• Pot meet kettle.jpg
    Pot meet kettle.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
We need more Beaver, Matt Ballin, Jurbo types on our roster. And players with the fight of Geoff Toovey. Refs hated him but he never said anything offensive.

It’ll be another 3 week charge , accept the penalty , 2 weeks.

Wont see AFB for a month.

Although I’m not sure how they’ll do it as it’s not like ( for example ) , he was sent off for a high tackle ( 3 weeks ) and then told the referee off ( a seperate charge all together ).

But it is the NRL and we are Manly so they will find a way.

How can they add another charge?
He was charged with Grade 3 Contrary Conduct wasn't he?
That's the highest I think.

Surely they've had all the evidence and charged him accordingly.
If they haven't all the evidence then why put out the charge?
Does that mean the NRL MRC/judiciary haven't done their due diligence in regards
to the match officials reports and put out the charge anyway?

Why are they so beholden to the media that drives "public outrage"?

As Gal said last night on 100% Footy - why does anyone need to know what he said?
He said it on the field to the match officials, no one in the crowd would have heard it, so
why is it published what he said?

Funny how a few weeks ago when Latrell was crying leaving the field and in the dressing room,
when the media probed and asked they were told that what goes on in the dressing room should stay there. No more follow up but this, we'll keep digging to promote outrage.

So this second incident was already noted in the referees match report, and the MRC already laid the charges based on that report (which AFB accepted). So surely AFB shouldn't be getting another ban if the MRC already knew all the facts when they charged him.

I say shouldn't, but he will.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4