Grant Atkins abused by AFB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who was the last player to get sent off and be suspended for swearing at a ref and how long did they get ?

Cement Gillespie got sent off after the final whistle during a 1990 Kangaroo Tour game against Wakefield Trinity for giving the ref a gobfull. The ref, a guy named Kevin Allatt, had already sent Spud off, and Ricky Stuart. And he also sin-binned Des and Rowdy.

The other Bozo wasn't too complimentary about Allatt lol.

Funny thing was that Kangaroo Tourists weren't immune to the RFL's rule that a player sent off in a game had to front the judiciary so Cement, Spud and Stuart all had an appointment. They were all let off given that they felt Allatt lost control of the situation and that the send off's were enough punishment. Stuart actually got sent for throwing a punch that was like someone swatting flies, though the action Allatt gave for the punch suggested that Ricky had just knocked out Mike Tyson lol.

Cement Gillespie got sent off after the final whistle during a 1990 Kangaroo Tour game against Wakefield Trinity for giving the ref a gobfull. The ref, a guy named Kevin Allatt, had already sent Spud off, and Ricky Stuart. And he also sin-binned Des and Rowdy.

The other Bozo wasn't too complimentary about Allatt lol.

Funny thing was that Kangaroo Tourists weren't immune to the RFL's rule that a player sent off in a game had to front the judiciary so Cement, Spud and Stuart all had an appointment. They were all let off given that they felt Allatt lost control of the situation.
AFB should be let off as well because Maxwel lost the plot as well

Thing I don't understand is why the same guy that reviewed the DCE challenge, watched it 8 times and overturned the on field refs decision, only looked at a possible game deciding play twice before confidently announcing "no interference in the play". It was a tough decision and deserved a more thorough review.

I have no issue with the suspension if there is some consistency applied to the ruling re respecting the match officals

Was it Thurston who said something abusive after a semi some years ago to a ref? How long did he get?
A Johns got 2 weeks in 2006 after giving a touchie the single biggest spray I've ever seen on the field. Was charged with grade 3 contrary conduct and got it downgraded to grade 2. He screamed f**k you c**t at Matt Checcin and went on to write in his newspaper column that he had absolutely no remorse for what he said.
We should all remember it because it was against us.

Last edited:
AFB should have the book thrown at him. Expect better from Manly players. No place for it. Nothing to do with PC or what others did in the past. Pure and simple it has no place and sets a poor example for youngsters coming through.

Reflects extremely badly on the club as well. Noone on here should be condoning it.

AFB should have the book thrown at him. Expect better from Manly players. No place for it. Nothing to do with PC or what others did in the past. Pure and simple it has no place and sets a poor example for youngsters coming through.

Reflects extremely badly on the club as well. Noone on here should be condoning it.
Think of the kiddies.

Think of the kiddies.
Here are a couple of books the children can read to help them express themselves when they're angry. Pretty sure Addin wrote the first one..
71k7GojmjnL._AC_UL160_.jpg
51CQfqLQIgL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

@Danny_Weidler

LAtEST: NRL have contacted Manly and want to take the Addin Fonua- Blake matter further after Ray Hadley’s revelation of a second disgusting outburst. Be sure the heads of the game Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo are fuming. @9NewsSyd @NRLonNine

@Danny_Weidler

LAtEST: NRL have contacted Manly and want to take the Addin Fonua- Blake matter further after Ray Hadley’s revelation of a second disgusting outburst. Be sure the heads of the game Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo are fuming. @9NewsSyd @NRLonNine
I love the way Hadley was comparing it to his good mate Blockers head pat on Eddie Ward, although he never mentioned that he called the touch judge a F...... Wombat on the way of the field.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4