Grand Final 22 Panthers v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bad thing was seeing how far behind the true pace of the game Manly is - mate we are Light Years off that pace!!
True but keep in mind, when we played Penrith in Round 1 they geared up for a statement performance and the result and score was similar. Actually Manly stayed in the game a lot longer than the Eels did in the Grand final.
Panthers are ahead of the entire field right now. They might dominate for the next 2 or 3 years. Or ... maybe something will happen to upset their dominance. As for Manly, we need to get back to Top 4, and working on defence should be the #1 focus. No reason we can't get to Top 4 next year (says he optimistically) :)

Could we be seeing the start of a St George like dynasty ???

Yeah I know , departures and injuries can play a big part in success BUT let’s remember this,

They won the GF for the four grades below First Grade AND completely dominated the QLD side in the state championship game.

Obviously their 6/7/9/1 are their keys and of course their 9 leaves for greener pastures in 2023, but you’d imagine they’d have 4 of 5 lining up to replace him.

Passion and hunger is the important thing and that will start to wane with time , but I believe it’s infinitely possible to see them win 3 , 4 or maybe 5 in a row.

Absolutely light years ahead of any other team.

Fair play to Penrith, they were just too good on the night. Although Parramatta, were also in the best form and mentality I’d seen from them in ages. They way they handled the week, the looks on their faces as they ran out, they looked ready.
That first 5-10 min was a grind but Penrith, clearly handled it better. Parramatta needed some luck but didn’t get any.
Even at 12-0 if Parramatta could’ve got a try, they may have generated something from the momentum. Credit to Penrith though, all the pressure of a GF and they kept their foot on the throat and didn’t give Parramatta a sniff.
I remember in 2008 with us leading 24-0 with 20 to go and it was an amazing feeling. Having the game wrapped up so early and being able celebrate, during the match.
For Parra fans it’s a very long off season after a losing GF. Truly horrible but at least they broke thru to get there.

Yeah I know , departures and injuries can play a big part in success BUT let’s remember this,

They won the GF for the four grades below First Grade AND completely dominated the QLD side in the state championship game.

Obviously their 6/7/9/1 are their keys and of course their 9 leaves for greener pastures in 2023, but you’d imagine they’d have 4 of 5 lining up to replace him.

Passion and hunger is the important thing and that will start to wane with time , but I believe it’s infinitely possible to see them win 3 , 4 or maybe 5 in a row.

I saw a highlights package of the Pennies Toyota Cup when the current team was dominating. Many highlights of their 9, Soni Luke carving up teams and he is in their NSW cup team. He reminded me of our own Manase Fainu when he started .

Fair play to Penrith, they were just too good on the night. Although Parramatta, were also in the best form and mentality I’d seen from them in ages. They way they handled the week, the looks on their faces as they ran out, they looked ready.
The looks on their faces when they ran out were chalk and cheese for mine, Parra ran out smiling, it seemed like they all did it, maybe to the point they even talked about it.
The riff boys on the other hand all had that look, which said no way, it was as steely as, they were on, its almost worth re watching the difference between the 2 sides as they come out of the tunnel and took the field. I think it was the most overall intense collective focus I’ve ever seen from a side running out, including origin and the most focused 40 followed, maybe the best or most dominant 40 of footy I think I’ve ever seen.

Could we be seeing the start of a St George like dynasty ?

They won the GF for the four grades below First
Rainbow round should stuff them.

Hopefully Manly are exempt from rainbow round next year but all other teams aren't

Rainbow round should stuff them...

I know, I said that in jest.

Seriously it is daunting what the future looks like it holds for Penrith. They just look stronger, faster and fitter in all 4 grades than anything that has come before.

Baring massive turmoil they will be there about for a decade to come

Rainbow round should stuff them.
Hopefully Manly are exempt from rainbow round next year but all other teams aren't

Rainbow round should stuff them...

I know, I said that in jest.

Seriously it is daunting what the future looks like it holds for Penrith. They just look stronger, faster and fitter in all 4 grades than anything that has come before.

Baring massive turmoil they will be there about for a decade to come
Pretty scary really

Pretty scary really
The sleeping giant is well and truly awake.

Will the hunger fade ?
Cleary said post game, they like being the hunter, they approached this season not as premiers being hunted but the hunter themselves.......explains the opening round against us ......can they keep that up ?

The looks on their faces when they ran out were chalk and cheese for mine, Parra ran out smiling, it seemed like they all did it, maybe to the point they even talked about it.
The riff boys on the other hand all had that look, which said no way, it was as steely as, they were on, its almost worth re watching the difference between the 2 sides as they come out of the tunnel and took the field. I think it was the most overall intense collective focus I’ve ever seen from a side running out, including origin and the most focused 40 followed, maybe the best or most dominant 40 of footy I think I’ve ever seen.
Parra made such a big deal about it's just another game, normal routines, all players drove themselves to the stadium blah blah have fun. Idiots. It's not just another game. You're lucky if you get 1 shot at it. Make it intense, make it focused, have the squad together all week in camp and to the stadium. They psyched themselves out of it by all the carry on. Be focused, be intense, be nervous. You're there to win a premiership , fu*k having fun. That's for after you win.

GF looks like it turned out to be a bit of a flop with the lowest ever TV audience? Why's that I wonder?

I don't think the time slot has much to do with it as plenty are saying. I think a lot of fans are disgruntled to the point that if their team's not playing, they couldn't give a rats.

But on a separate issue. I know that 9 have the exclusive rights to show the game. But why the f*ck is it shown in standard definition ? It's not 1998. Either broadcast in high definition or let Fox show it as well.

Nah, every team is beatable. We've beaten those toothless illiterate rednecks twice this year. We will smash them. If, and I say if, they beat us (highly unlikely) I will man up as I have thick skin and accept the defeat but I have no fear & expect Parra to have no fear.
This comment aged like milk didn't it.

Time to man up I guess.

Parra made such a big deal about it's just another game, normal routines, all players drove themselves to the stadium blah blah have fun. Idiots. It's not just another game. You're lucky if you get 1 shot at it. Make it intense, make it focused, have the squad together all week in camp and to the stadium. They psyched themselves out of it by all the carry on. Be focused, be intense, be nervous. You're there to win a premiership , fu*k having fun. That's for after you win.
Exactly what Jason King told me happened to Manly in 2007 and what they changed in 2008.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2