Gracious Ricky Stuart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Just watched Ricky Stuart's post match conference......all I can say is well done Ricky! Nothing but praise for Manly & our gutsy win! Thought he was gonna go right off but nope. Was obviously disappointed but said 'if you give good teams chances then you deserve to lose & Manly is a good team"............

Just watched Ricky Stuart's post match conference......all I can say is well done Ricky! Nothing but praise for Manly & our gutsy win! Thought he was gonna go right off but nope. Was obviously disappointed but said 'if you give good teams chances then you deserve to lose & Manly is a good team"............
Yes, I mentioned that he was very complimentary towards Manly in my post that did in the Game Day thread where I posted the link to the Raider's Presser.

Ricky knows there still in a good spot come semi finals time
Dessie knows it as well with Manly

Yep, he has definitely taken a fresh approach to all things football this season.

Ah OK Jethro.........didn't see that. My bad.
I wasn't having a go at you. It's all cool. I was just agreeing with you so there is no reason for the "My bad" bit. Sorry if it came across that way. :)

I only pointed out my Game Day post because it quotes the link to the Presser.

I wasn't having a go at you. It's all cool. I was just agreeing with you so there is no reason for the "My bad" bit. Sorry if it came across that way. :)

I only pointed out my Game Day post because it quotes the link to the Presser.

Well max, I read Jethro’s way before yours and thought you were late but after reading Jethro’s first post a second time I thought your second post was better than jethro’s first post

Rickys had a blow up. At the game in general. Senior Rugby Union gets a good serve. Over on the DT site. Sorry can’t link it.

He was just on 360 and made no mention of any alleged rubbish from us.
Despite them continually showing any tackles that we were slow to disengage.
He did give the refs plenty for the amount of penalties in the game, so considering most of them went against us was pretty good.
He was praiseworthy of our attack under Des basically saying neither team got the chance to make the game what it should have been.
I actually like Ricky anyway.
He's passionate for his teams and I honest in his replies.

He did give the refs plenty for the amount of penalties in the game, so considering most of them went against us was pretty good.
He was praiseworthy of our attack under Des basically saying neither team got the chance to make the game what it should have been.

Agree, he didn't bite given Ben and Kent trying to get him to agree with their agenda.

Having watched Sticky’s petulance when he coached the Eels I would never have thought that the words Gracious Ricky and Stuart could have been assembled into a line that was anything but sarcasm. Ricky seems to have grown up over the past couple of years. Coaches, like players, seen to fit into particular clubs. Ricky and Canberra have both benefited from his return just the way Des and Manly seem to have meshed to their mutual benefit. I like to think that Des is a lot happier now that he’s back home.

Ricky and Canberra have both benefited from his return
Yeah, maybe... this is his 6th year in charge
(In 2013 the Raiders had finished 13th )
In 2014 Stuart took over as coach - they finished 15th
2015 they finished 10th
2016 finished 2nd but lost the GF qualifier
2017 back to 10th again
2018 finished 10th again
This year will finish 3rd or 4th...
So I think Stuart's tenure as Raiders coach will be judged on how far they go in these finals - and also on whether they go backwards again next year!

I was very impressed with Sticky last night as he was very balanced in his summary of the game and no amount of baiting by Kunt & Merkin got him bagging Manly. They tried to say that both the $torm and Manly used the same techniques but Sticky said they were totally different :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2