Gould and Trent back together

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least he has history with that club. But shows the size of his ego to think he can fix all their problems. I doubt it will end well for Barrett. But who knows, they seem to have endless cash now so that's got to help

Saw this in wiki, don't know if it's a hack:
"Post-retirement weight gain led to the nickname 'Gus' due to the resemblance to the Mr Squiggle character"

This is Gus:
Video Classic !!! LOL

I'd like to note that Penrith started going a lot better after Cleary told Gus to pack his bags and stop trying to get involved with the team.
I do not get this

The fact is ...

Gus hired Cleary and then he sacked Cleary and he hired Cleary again

Gus highly endorsed Trent to Manly as head coach but he did not promote Trent to panthers head coach

And now this ???

Phil Gould urges Trent Barrett to backflip on Dogs deal as club descends into ‘toxic mess’​

Rugby league guru Phil Gould has warned Trent Barrett off coaching the Bulldogs after disurbing revelations about the club’s culture.

Gus is a smart operator but there are no guarantees for success. If anything, Penrith improved when he left. He also sacked the coach that currently has them playing grand finals.

He recently worked with the Warriors, and to be fair it has been a disrupted campaign but if he was giving Brownie any tips, they haven't been working.

Gus has worked wonders with Penriths development pathways. If the Dogs are patient in 5 years they will be in a much better position. As far as helping the first grade side find success immediately that is an impossible task and I doubt that is why they've signed him.

Gus has worked wonders with Penriths development pathways. If the Dogs are patient in 5 years they will be in a much better position. As far as helping the first grade side find success immediately that is an impossible task and I doubt that is why they've signed him.

What junior pathways do Canterbury have? Aren't they like Easts with virtually zero juniors.

What junior pathways do Canterbury have? Aren't they like Easts with virtually zero juniors.
Canterbury have a lot more juniors than Easts and Manly too, maybe not Penrith/Wests numbers but definitely a large number and if harnessed properly it would be a massive asset for them unfortunately

So who have the Dogs bought now?

Josh Addo-Carr
Matt Burton
Matt Dufty
Brent Naden
Tevita Pangai Junior
Paul Vaughan
Luke Thompson
Nick Cotric

In the past 18 months....

Has to be some coin there'

They will improve big time with Gus going there. Barrett is the luckiest damned coach I have ever seen in the NRL. The guy has been given a dream ride that defies his 29% winning record.

Penrith have a lot of juniors in the area but a lot of their gun young guys, Burton, Stains etc, came through their Country pathways. Maybe that is what Gus was brought in to do for the Dogs.

MWSE should be setting some up too.

Penrith have a lot of juniors in the area but a lot of their gun young guys, Burton, Stains etc, came through their Country pathways. Maybe that is what Gus was brought in to do for the Dogs.

MWSE should be setting some up too.
I think they already have one set up in the northern rivers of NSW,think they had a couple of guys in the junior country rep sides....

They will improve big time with Gus going there. Barrett is the luckiest damned coach I have ever seen in the NRL. The guy has been given a dream ride that defies his 29% winning record.

He sure is. Gus, then Bozo, now Gus again.

Many sacked coaches must be wondering why?

Now Trent will DEFINITELY need those chairs…

Attachments

• ED4ABED9-D124-4498-AC52-2B44C7577A1A.gif
    ED4ABED9-D124-4498-AC52-2B44C7577A1A.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 12

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4