Got back from the game...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c_eagle

Reserve Grader
We were pathetic. There's not too much else to say really, just get the whip out at training, welcome our forwards back and look to improve 1000% at Brookvale next week. Embaressment is a big motivational tool, add to that, the potential embaressment of losing at home to the winless Knights, we should be back to normal in a hurry. We can't afford to lose next week, it sounds obvious but it's pretty much a black and white proposition.

C how did Monas play?

We had limited opportunities in attack but when we were in their 20 it looked static. The forwards were really poor and we got dominated in the ruck area, therefore we were heading backwards. The kicking game was pretty sound from what I remember. Our defense was also really poor on the fringes, fa'alogo was making metres with ease.

The turning point came about 40 seconds after half time, it looked like we scored in the corner to close the margin to 4 with a kick to come and we were denied what looked to be a fair try. It was downhill from there.

Souths played really well though, their completion rate must have been up around 85%. We couldn't buy an error and I guess it comes down to lack of defensive pressure.

As I said earlier, dwelling on this game is almost useless, there were no positives. I think the only 3 players who stood up were Glenn Stewart, Watmough and Willow. Alberts was pretty good in attack and should start ahead of Stephenson. I'm not sure about his defense though, I have to watch a replay. I don't remember any glaring errors but I had my hands in my head for a fair amount of the 2nd half.

Thanks mate. So the forwards were no good.

A little hypothetical! How do you think Orford would have gone tonight then if he was fortunate enough to be playing with tonight’s pack?

Thanks mate. So the forwards were no good.

A little hypothetical! How do you think Orford would have gone tonight then if he was fortunate enough to be playing with tonight’s pack?

Umm.... It's hard to say because we did have some opportunities early, it could have been a different game had we taken those. In saying that, Orford wouldn't have been able to do much in the second half because we just weren't going over the advantage line. It was have been tough as hell for any halfback tonight.

Thanks for your "impartial" view.

btw i'm damn pissed we got smashed..............But when there bad there shocking!

Alberts did miss a few tackles, also made a few good ones so I would not say he is poor defender.

I was impressed with his attack. He provides the spark we need out wide, I will love to see him in action when the forwards are actually going forward.

I was impressed with his attack. He provides the spark we need out wide, I will love to see him in action when the forwards are actually going forward.

I definitely agree with that. Buddy Gordan had a few air swings at him. I'll have to watch the replay (if I can bare it,) to determine his defensive ability.

Any halfback would of struggled Byso. Our forwards got creamed in the middle of the ruck. They made so many breaks and so much yards through the middle. It was embarassing. We really did miss the 5 or so players that were out missing.

Experience cost us this game. Heads dropped at 24-6 with 20 to go...

at 14-6.. Kings try was dissallowed.. big turning point.. looked fine at the game.. what was wrong with it?

he missed 3 that I recall, 1 from a kick off where they made a break. However he also made a few solid tackles on the tryline, I am sure he is our best centre option.

at 14-6.. Kings try was dissallowed.. big turning point.. looked fine at the game.. what was wrong with it?
In my opinion, nothing. He seemed to get the ball grounded and didn't actually touch the corner post/go out (it was the South's players that rolled over him that did), so I can't see why Souths got a scrum for it, because even if he was held up we should have got a play the ball seeing as it was only the 3rd tackle. :/

Probably the turning point of the match, as everything went downhill from there.

agree, no idea how souths got that feed, he didnt lose it did he ?

Alberts is our #1 centre as far as im concerned, you have to take into account that we have watched Steppa/Matai all year in a winning team. Alberst looked more dangerous in a team getting smashed! i guess next week will give us a better indication, hope he gets picked.

thats true too. He may score a hatrick when we have more ball. What we all will agree on is we cant judge him on this one performance.

Jim Curtis wins the Barry Crocker award.
Luke Williamson - MOM

Souths decided to go out and dominate early in the forwards knowing Kennedy, Kite etc wouldn't be there and they did it easily.

The bench was absolute crap, 130m or so between the 4 of them.

Dunley... What was with his crab, crab, crab, useless pass thing? He should just run the ball, that's what he's paid for.

Alberts looked good to me, he looked like making a break most times he ran the ball, his defence is ok, some great round the ankle Menzies style tackles but then that leaves the ball free...

Harris, as always, good for a crucial error at some point.

King keeps on living up to the reputation he has on these forums.

Monas looked like he was trying but I don't think he has the skills. He's got a good kicking and passing game but there just isn't a lot of creativity, I'm not just talking about last night too.

I'd like to see Witt at halfback for a game just to see how he goes running the side and Monas at hooker, but that won't happen until the trials next year, if ever, I think.

it did look fine at first glance, but on replay you could see his foot slide over the sideline before he got the ball down :-(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6