Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To many bad memories to move to Gosford on a Permanent basis. The locals still have hang ups about North Sydney believe it or not they still have a fan base here and hate anything to do with the sea eagles.

Attended my first match at Gosford over the weekend. Queues looked like a problem in parts but I wasn't affected.

That aside, it was the most enjoyable match I've attended since our grand final qualifier in 2011 against the Broncos. The stadium has a great layout with good seats all-round. It took just under 45 minutes to drive there from Belrose too so the drive wasn't bad.

Fast dry well maintained track day or night fits nicely with Manlys expansive looking to make metres on the edges/outwide with skilled ball movement--- this is why we perform well in Gosford.

Night games at Brookie even on the best of surfaces is still slippery and slow compared to Gosford. Brookie games at night tend to be more "grind it out games" then come over the top if you win the grind.

With the lack of forward power and depth we are unable to match teams in the grinding set for set games, we need a surface that enables Manly to play expansive with confidence so we can avoid up the middle dominating group tackles from bigger stronger more aggressive packs.

Answer me this?

Crowd 16500

If that game was at Brookvale, based on our year to date , maybe 10k but possibly as low as 9k

If this continues we will be moved to CC Stadium faster than a Porsche 912 Turbo!
yes but that is a once off (well, maybe twice).
If all our home games were held there, would we consistently pull 16.5k?

Fast dry well maintained track day or night fits nicely with Manlys expansive looking to make metres on the edges/outwide with skilled ball movement--- this is why we perform well in Gosford.

Night games at Brookie even on the best of surfaces is still slippery and slow compared to Gosford. Brookie games at night tend to be more "grind it out games" then come over the top if you win the grind.

With the lack of forward power and depth we are unable to match teams in the grinding set for set games, we need a surface that enables Manly to play expansive with confidence so we can avoid up the middle dominating group tackles from bigger stronger more aggressive packs.

Agree totally. Too much dropped ball on the slippery Manly surface at night. Its more a forwards battle, and we don't have the cattle anymore. We do have plenty of skillful backs and forwards with some ball playing ability, and that surface is great to play footy on. Looking back at the games I've attended at Gosford, we always seem to score plenty of tries. Been lucky they have won every match Ive been too so have always left with a big grin on my face@:D

Attended my first match at Gosford over the weekend. Queues looked like a problem in parts but I wasn't affected.

That aside, it was the most enjoyable match I've attended since our grand final qualifier in 2011 against the Broncos. The stadium has a great layout with good seats all-round. It took just under 45 minutes to drive there from Belrose too so the drive wasn't bad.

Very well lit stadium as well. Very enjoayble to watch from almost any seat

Agree totally. Too much dropped ball on the slippery Manly surface at night. Its more a forwards battle, and we don't have the cattle anymore. We do have plenty of skillful backs and forwards with some ball playing ability, and that surface is great to play footy on. Looking back at the games I've attended at Gosford, we always seem to score plenty of tries. Been lucky they have won every match Ive been too so have always left with a big grin on my face@:D

@Simonmyers11 does then us playing at Brookvale oval this week in your eyes play into the hands of Souths , slippery surface and forwards battle.

Horrible stadium. Seats are too cramped, aisles are too cramped, views are rubbish unless you fork over for the good spots, which as a Manly fan should be GA and on a hill.
I don't know that I've ever managed to get a drink, any food or have a pee there because you miss half the game for those luxuries. If you do leave your seat, you have to trip and tread all over everyone to get back to it. Then somebody else will trip and tread all over you.
It's cheap, nasty and squashed in where it doesn't fit. If they put an abomination like that or Parra at Brookvale, my days of attending live sport would be over.

Somebody did a good breakdown of why the big v little stadium thing on the weekend, going through the massive difference in the financial benefits for both. Like even a packed house at a suburban ground barely breaks even, whereas you are up like 150K as soon as the gates open at a big stadium. Makes it very hard for clubs to resist.

What is Gosford classified as? All the infrastructure is already there so maybe it leans more towards the big stadium camp. If the preference is to go to Gosford or ANZ or whatever it is called, I'd go Gossie...

My top three non Brookie venues:
1. Gosford
2. AAMI Park
3. SFS
Others?

Leichardt is a great place to watch a game, gong not bad either
Now they are playing games back at Belmore there is another one which is good

Singo has taken Gosford off the table as a fulltime rugby league ground.

Answer me this?

Crowd 16500

If that game was at Brookvale, based on our year to date , maybe 10k but possibly as low as 9k

If this continues we will be moved to CC Stadium faster than a Porsche 912 Turbo!

Based on our year to date coming off a good win we would have had our best crowd at brooky circa 14-15K.

I think that will be beaten this week, tipping 17K

Somebody did a good breakdown of why the big v little stadium thing on the weekend, going through the massive difference in the financial benefits for both. Like even a packed house at a suburban ground barely breaks even, whereas you are up like 150K as soon as the gates open at a big stadium. Makes it very hard for clubs to resist.

What is Gosford classified as? All the infrastructure is already there so maybe it leans more towards the big stadium camp. If the preference is to go to Gosford or ANZ or whatever it is called, I'd go Gossie...

The reason behind that is the comparison for the big stadium includes all income, the small is just ticket sales at the door.

To be a fair comparison you need to add sponsors, signage, memberships to the income.

I believe this is done on purpose to either 1. prepare fans for a move (sucker them in and it works) or 2. push for an upgrade.

<45 minutes? You must have been flying!

Do the Penns get another 7 or 8 million if we relocate ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6