Gordon Tallis: Rugby Leagues #1 Sook

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Tallis delivers scathing review of Cherry-Evans' Origin performances

Published on May. 18, 2017

Queensland great Gorden Tallis has suggested Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans’ infamous Gold Coast backflip could cost him future Maroons jumpers.

Cherry-Evans signed a long-term contract with the Titans in 2015 only to renege on the deal and agree to a $10 million contract with the Sea Eagles.

The 28-year-old is one of three players listed by coach Kevin Walters along with Anthony Milford and Michael Morgan as a possible replacement for injured veteran Johnathan Thurston (shoulder) ahead of Origin I.

In a scathing assessment, Tallis accused Cherry-Evans of failing to deliver in any of his six Origin appearances and revealed the Titans saga damaged DCE’s reputation with influential former Queensland greats.

“I know I was annoyed when he backflipped on the Titans,” Tallis told The Late Show With Matty Johns.

“I think a lot of guys like Wally Lewis (were critical about DCE) and if Wally says something about you, well the whole state listens.

“It’s disappointing that he would go that far down the line and it looked like he told lies to the Titans, said he was coming, and all the third party (deals) get done and he backflipped.

“And the way that was handled was really poor, so I know he got a lot of the old blokes off-side.”

Tallis has been equally unimpressed with Cherry-Evans’ previous form at Origin level.

“At that level he has never delivered,” he said.

“In my opinion, Cherry-Evans at Origin, has always failed.

“In the series NSW won (in 2014) Cooper Cronk broke his arm early (in Game 1) and when he came back Queensland won by 30.

“Cherry-Evans had a chance to come on there, and I know that was a shock because he probably had in his brain that he was going to come on and play a bit of hooker, so you can forgive him for Game 1.

“But Game 2 when you’ve had a whole week to prepare he didn’t come up.”

Gordie, I mean do we really have to say it...

giphy.gif

2015 Titans game had the best Chez quote.

Asked what he thought of the crowd's constant niggling at halftime, a smiling Cherry-Evans told Fox Sports' Kevin Walters: "I don;t know what it's all about. I'm having fun and we're winning, so they'll be quiet soon".

The Titans' fans ultimately left shellshocked as Cherry-Evans' Sea Eagles ran in seven tries to one against a mistake-riddled Titans.

Repeat set please Chez :rofl:

Tallis now finishes every sentence (no matter what the subject) with:

And dce backflipped from the titans!
wokka wokka wokka wah wah boing!

You know what - he is death riding DCE here....
I must confess - DCE did not play to potential at this time....but did they consider the NSW pack in his brief opportunity, had the rare upper hand over the QLD pack, eliminating time and space as I have seen in many games where Thurston, Johns, Lockyer have also looked OFF/quiet in MANY matches??
This stinks of hypocrite City....an agenda from something else...maybe to do with the Titans?
Tallis done the biggest Crybaby act ever - sitting out an entire season after jumping from Illawarra to Brisbane because they would not release him early....and this was in a time when contracts were not broken so easily and there were more ethics in negotiating in most cases - Not Tallis - All done under the table.
Pretty sick of the DCE backflip saga - there have been many more that ppl conveniently forget....I as a fan with a genuine passion for rugby league do not like the current system, OR.....how it played out.
Point is - don't hand 1 man out to dry, when it's simply another area the NRL have failed to FIX....particularly when the main Sheriif is Tallis - who done a far worse ethical act and obviously has no mirrors in his house....

he is the poster boy for not letting your kids play league. Forget soccer mums all the evidence you need is paraded by the networks as game promotion. Gaz also

Poor old greg alexander must be waching his back, he is way too smart to promote league. He must be there for the league followers that finished primary school. The token non gibberer

The funny thing is it is his personal agenda but he continues to blame everyone else. Couldn't even look the camera or anyone in the eye and banged on about the old qld boys and the qld players all have a problem with DCE, when it appears he is the one struggling with the whole situation. The guy is a bitter and twisted hate filled moron

Hoping dce doesn't play so I can properly cheer NSW on to smash them....

DCE never played poorly in the games he played, its the lazy ass forwards like Thaiday that just didn't do anything for him eg. run decoys push up in support etc. Only need to look at the comparisons between the work they do when Cronk is playing vs when DCE is playing to tell the difference.

Wish DCE would have just lobbed him hospital passes rather than take a hitup in those situations.

Tallis is definitely a big sook. I'm pretty sure the Gold Coast already got over the whole affair and moved on last year.

I watched this segment last night (unfortunately I will not get that five minutes back) and could not believe the rubbish pouring from his mouth.

All this shows yet again is the boys club and NRL bias towards some players and the favouritism to others. It is pathetic, unprofessional and will stop the NRL from growing. This clear bias highlights the complete ineptness of a business that is being run by idiots. Tallis was part of the super league greed problem that almost destroyed RL and almost destroyed many clubs including Manly.

These days however it is not Super League destroying RL, it is people like simpleton Tallis, the agenda driven media and the NRL hierarchy.

DCE is not the problem here.

Side note: Chez is also by far the better player over the likes of Morgan, Milford, Norman and Hunt.

Last edited:
Tallis is a knob. Always has been.

He is a Titans ambassador, and its still crying over the fact that DCE flipped on the titans.

Maninga and Walters have both said that DCE is a serious option. If he carves up the Titans on Saturday he will have 1 hand on the role.

A couple of mates and I were having a quiet drink or 3 with Gordy after a leagues club function up here a few years ago. Plenty of funny stories from Gorden and to my surprise, he listened intently and laughed louder and harder at our yarns more than his own.

Sitting at a table near us was a group of 6 young blokes, one of which was a rather large and thick set bloke of about 30, proudly wearing his souths jersey. As we all started to loosen up a bit, these blokes near us started to get a bit boisterous, and the bloke in the green and red started to throw jibes about how sh1thouse the souths forwards were going and how they needed a NSW forwards coach instead. It all started in good humour and everyone was laughing it off. Just a bunch of blokes on the drink.

Well, this brave large bloke from south of the border mistakenly took Gordy's willingness to brush off his scathing observations with a laugh and a "yeah...good one, mate" as some form of cowardice, and he got a little more aggressive in his put downs as his dimwitted mates encouraged him to "stick it up the old has been".

I considered the entire scene the absolute height of good entertainment and was looking forward to the inevitable blue that was surely going to take place. Sadly it wasn't to be. On his way to the snake house, Gordy with that mad look in his eye stopped at our neighbours table, leaned over in the face of the rabbit supporter and said, "Let me give you a small piece of advice, mate. Pull your head in. Now!".

I've never seen a bunch of blokes disappear up their own clackers so fast. They were gone before he got back from the toilet. Hahaha!

I had one more drink before leaving, shook hands with Gorden, told him it was a pleasure to meet him and that he should put $500 on Manly for the premiership that year. He laughed and said the way his luck had been running he was gladly accepting tips from anywhere and anyone.

I believe he's wrong about DCE, but he's paid for his opinion and he gives it. I don't agree with it at all, but he's entitled to it.

What I will say is that he isn't a bad bloke at all. He's certainly not a moron, he's as everyday as they come. Not in love with himself, not a loudmouth, doesn't have a wandering eye. He just doesn't care what people think of his opinion. I guess that comes from being comfortable in your own skin.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8