Gordon Tallis hands Darius Boyd a brutal reality check

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can actually understand Darius’ point of view, on a personal level. I had my family ripped apart at a young age, and now that I have a family of my own I struggle if I’m away for more than about a day. Probably some kind of mental scarring deep down, and I have no idea of Darius’s own issues though I recall he’s had fragile mental health? Personally Ive never Had mental health issues in any way, but I can sort of see why a stable home and loving family would be a big, big rock to rely on, if you did. Having said that, I’ve never been in a position to earn $800k per year either.. hmm...

I can actually understand Darius’ point of view, on a personal level. I had my family ripped apart at a young age, and now that I have a family of my own I struggle if I’m away for more than about a day. Probably some kind of mental scarring deep down, and I have no idea of Darius’s own issues though I recall he’s had fragile mental health? Personally Ive never Had mental health issues in any way, but I can sort of see why a stable home and loving family would be a big, big rock to rely on, if you did. Having said that, I’ve never been in a position to earn $800k per year either.. hmm...

I should just qualify the above by saying that Ive always disliked Darius, and think he is a complete cat.

I agree with you ... but those are personal issues particular to Darius ... and as an ex captain and senior member of the playing group he should of had the maturity to approach the club privately and come to an arrangement ...

By going public he has propably put doubt and worry into the minds of many of his playing group, especially some of the younger ones ... this is a divisive and possibly destructive move ...

I agree with you ... but those are personal issues particular to Darius ... and as an ex captain and senior member of the playing group he should of had the maturity to approach the club privately and come to an arrangement ...

By going public he has propably put doubt and worry into the minds of many of his playing group, especially some of the younger ones ... this is a divisive and possibly destructive move ...
Very true! I’m surprised he has been a captain actually, has always seemed of very low level maturity...

Just saw a report on the news that Darius ‘the handbag’ Boyd is now a mentor for the broncos outside backs, does that mean he has retired and if so does his salary still get counted in their salary cap. Seeing as he said he would not retire. Or is it another souffs-esk exemption?

If he retires he doesn't get paid any more so it doesn't count on the cap any more.
Although if they're paying him 800k to 'mentor the backs' that might raise a few eyebrows ;)@;);)@;);)@;)

Just saw a report on the news that Darius ‘the handbag’ Boyd is now a mentor for the broncos outside backs, does that mean he has retired and if so does his salary still get counted in their salary cap. Seeing as he said he would not retire. Or is it another souffs-esk exemption?
He'll be sweet, out of all the players that have retired prematurely, only Matai's and Stewart's contract money was included in subsequent salary caps, does that tell you something?.
As for the other clubs, the NRL fell for their pi$$ poor excuses of early retirement hook line and sinker.

He'll be sweet, out of all the players that have retired prematurely, only Matai's and Stewart's contract money was included in subsequent salary caps, does that tell you something?.
Except they didn't retire? My recollection is they were simply told they wouldn't be used in their final year. They naturally didn't want to give up their contracts so got paid in effect for 'gardening leave'.
A better connected club would have found them some high-paid junket to replace the lost footy contract. A more ruthless or foolish club would have forced them to turn up to training or play reserve grade.

Would n "t have thought that things like ambassadorial club roles would come under the durisdiction of the N R L even taking into account any possible questionable or dodgy club manouvering on the player front

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6