Gordon Tallis: DCE dosen't care about Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You have to get into the motivation behind Tallis' comments.

He has been critical of DCE ever since he chose to back out of the Titans contract. He was against DCE from that point representing QLD. Now he is putting the knife in again to DCE, which only goes to show he hasnt forgotten what he considered a low act. Of course Tallis would never do anything like that would he ie: St George 1995-6 when he illegally signed a contract with the Bronkos because of Super league while still contracted to St George and following a court decision that went against him, got his nose out of joint and chose to sit out a season rather meet his obligations to the Dragons, a far worse betrayal in my opinion. DCE's action was legal, Tallis' was not.

My gut feeling says he's got it in for DCE and he doesnt like Manly. Personally I wouldnt take much notice of someone who is just a good football player, has a questionable value system, and nothing more

Talis is jealous. DCE hasn't been in top form, nothing new there. But to say he doesn't care is a bit rich. This new playing both sides set up, new spine, apis passes, new coach, injuries, and forwards not holding there own haven't assisted.

It's true Tallis has been a vicious critic of DCE ever since the backflip. Such hypocrisy in a man of normal intelligence would be a disgrace, but he is not such a man so don't take it too seriously. Remember back in his playing days Tallis told St George he would play for them in 1996 (and was contracted to do so) but then reneged, and when they wouldn't release him to the Broncos he sat out the entire season.

"Tallis was a young star coming through the St George ranks when a phone call from his manager George Mimis before a Sunday game alerted him that his life was about to change.

He received strict instructions: “Don’t sign anything.”

Later that day the ARL would offer Tallis and his teammates $5000 to sign with them. Then it became $10,000. Then $20,000. By later that night, $100,000 was on the table.

Tallis “played dumb”, waited to have meetings with the right people over time and eventually signed with Super League to join Brisbane for an undisclosed figure."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r/news-story/5b7ced9418b67278c55142234cf570b8

That was 20 years ago and I wish Mimis would tell him he can stop playing dumb now.

I dont think much of Tallis and I do have belief in our captains playing ability as I have seen over the years what he is capable of but ........
Tallis has done his talking
Now DCE should respond tonight on the field
Action speaks louder than words
Over to you DCE .
Bring our boys home with a win

And none of you care about the spelling of Doesn't!!!!!

Poor doesn't, it's not its fault it's a contraction!

Ummmmmm

Gordon smells!

Tallis can't handle the fact that there's a QLDer out there without the 'us vs everyone else' chip on his shoulder. Morons like Tallis think QLD is another country or a religion and that anybody born there is to be devoted to the state and it's cause. He sees DCE as a traitor for what happened with the Gold Coast.

Tallis was really pi***d off that DCE went back on a deal with Titans.
He forgets how he dodged St G and sat out a season after he had signed with Broncos, which was far more unethical while still at St G- especially in those times.
Personally think DCE is a great footy player who has too much expectation....and not a bloke to organise the team around the park...will come good imo, but needs support from the other 12 players on the park.
Thing I get frustrated with...is he freezing at times where he needs to lead, just get hands on the footy and steer the ship....and talk.
As for Tallis - who cares - it's just a personal hit after that Titans saga.

In hindsight I wish we did sign Ash Taylor and let DCE go, he's not worth what he's being paid atm and is not a goalkicker.

EXACTLY. Best outcome for us was DCE leaving for a team stupid enough to pay him that sort of money.

The team as a whole lacks passion for our jersey. None of them care. Their captain shows apathy to losing in the media, and even brushes off 5 straight losses to finish last year.

To anyone else, that would be unacceptable. But DCE knows no matter how he plays, he's got another 6-7 years earning 1.2M+

Tallis makes very valid points.

There is no doubt Tallis has an agenda against DCE and has since the backflip, but is he wrong about this?

I must say I don't get the feeling of passion and hurt from DCE when he loses matches. I know some on here lambasted Jake for his facial expressions at press conferences after losses, but I loved it, it showed how passionate he was after the game.

I can imagine certain players, think BK, think Tooves, Think Ridgey, who would be chomping at the bit to shove this article down Tallis's throat. I don't feel that with DCE. But does that make him not care?

People used to say Steve Waugh cared so much deeper than Mark Waugh because Steve was so intense but Mark was so laid back. But discussions with people around the inner circle said 'that's crap, that's just their mannerisms and both would be plenty peeved at a loss or poor performance'.

I do think DCE needs to stop his empty platitudes in the press they just give the impression of a prerehearsed script, and he needs to own every loss and every win. I do want to see him taking charge of the team, but it's also not a one way street, he needs others to lift, and he needs to lift them too.

A captain for me is more than just a ball buster on game days. BK was that, and you could see it, but then he was dominating training sessions, challenging the likes of Watmough and Gifty to get better. Killer was a different captain, said little, fairly cool, but led by example, certainly wasn't a ball buster on the field but you never questioned his passion and will to win. DCE needs to find his way, I think you have the passion of Jake so DCE needs to feed off that and inspire others. Show his coolness but get the best out of walker, green, Sironen etc.

The team as a whole lacks passion for our jersey. None of them care. Their captain shows apathy to losing in the media, and even brushes off 5 straight losses to finish last year.

To anyone else, that would be unacceptable. But DCE knows no matter how he plays, he's got another 6-7 years earning 1.2M+

Tallis makes very valid points.
I agree Tallis hits some nails mate, but his history makes it hard to cop
They all hate Manly and old coach Lowe made a great point...it's due to jealousy in most cases....we need to win that back through success
Hope DCE can rip him a new 1 and play a blinder tonight...

5 Things we learned from this article.

1. Tallis is the Gimp.
2. Only Manly supporters can criticise our players. Everyone else can go fuk themselves.
3. DCE needs to step up and own this side. He's playing like a busted ****ter at the mo.
4. Tallis is a fukwit.
5. Tallis is a gronk.

I agree Tallis hits some nails mate, but his history makes it hard to cop
They all hate Manly and old coach Lowe made a great point...it's due to jealousy in most cases....we need to win that back through success
Hope DCE can rip him a new 1 and play a blinder tonight...

Yeah, good call mate. It's just killing me watching Hodkinson leading a pack of absolute no names around the park over the Bunnies. The dead set Knight's are showing more ticker in the last two games, than anyone in a Manly jersey has in two years.

So frustrating right now. I feel like our team has gone somewhere, and are hiding, because the group of players we are seeing each week at the moment most certainly aren't the Manly I know and love.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8