Goodnight and good luck TRex.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
T-Rex has been unfit all season his mid section is not as tight as previous seasons he is playing over-weight big time or not as cut.

He is either still injured and not training as hard, cutting corners with his diet outside of training or age is slowing his metabolism real fast and requires higher intensity training to maintain his weight.

Either way the attitude was not right this year, one thing i wont miss though is the shoulder charges defending our try line when you need to be wrapping up the ball and player. It just looked like he was too fatigued to make a genuine tackle not wanting to bend his back---just standing up right and make a shoulder charge to look like he was making an effort.(might be still having back issues)

I don't care how unfit you are. You arne't fatigued in your first run or first attempted tackle. T-Rex's problems are all between his very large ears.

Masked Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
T-Rex has been unfit all season his mid section is not as tight as previous seasons he is playing over-weight big time or not as cut.

He is either still injured and not training as hard, cutting corners with his diet outside of training or age is slowing his metabolism real fast and requires higher intensity training to maintain his weight.

Either way the attitude was not right this year, one thing i wont miss though is the shoulder charges defending our try line when you need to be wrapping up the ball and player. It just looked like he was too fatigued to make a genuine tackle not wanting to bend his back---just standing up right and make a shoulder charge to look like he was making an effort.(might be still having back issues)

I don't care how unfit you are. You arne't fatigued in your first run or first attempted tackle. T-Rex's problems are all between his very large ears.

I'm not talking about his performance last tonight but over the regular season.

The Storm targeted Williams when he was around the marker area or defending close by a few times--his lateral movement this year has slowed even more so with his unfit playing weight/injuries.

Worst performance in a Manly jersey in recent memory.Wr could have got away with it but about 10 of the next worst performances were playing in the dame game.

Technical Coach said:
Masked Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:

The Storm targeted Williams when he was around the marker area or defending close by a few times--his lateral movement this year has slowed even more so with his unfit playing weight/injuries.

You're saying he looked poor because he must have been injured. I'm saying he looked poor because he was mentally weak. Cameron Smith targets anyone who is at marker, that's why he's the best no 9 in the game. Its the one area of the game you must do well in if you want to beat the Storm and I can think of way too many times when our defenders were easily beaten to their feet by the Storm play the ball.

RE: Trex tonight

COMMANDER said:
Top End Eagle said:
COMMANDER said:
It's always T-Rex's fault, isn't it?

Not always but but tonight it definitely was. Wouldn't even try tonight commander you can't defend the indefensible.

Watmough, G Stewart, DCE and Jason King all were worse than T REx tonight, why don't you start a thread on one of these blokes?

They are all staying and are so far loyal to Manly so why would we bag them? Trex is Laziness personified!

Yeah thanks T Dog for the 6 months in 2011 of great work out of the 4 seasons and countless chances here. Tonight you showed your true worth. 600k for that is an absolute farce. They all played like ****e last night but he topped the pile of ****e. Hope you give the dogs as great a service over 4 yrs as you gave here.

Kiwi Eagle said:
So we have seen the last of T Rex

Who takes over the whipping boy mantle now ?

Any player who we know is not putting in 100%. T Rex has the size and occasional skill to be a legendary player. We kept on waiting for him to play to his potential, but he never did. He was no worse last night than many of our other much-loved players - but I never believed he 'bled' for Manly like I know the others do. Plus the fact he kept being quoted in the media about how he loved the club, the fellow players etc and was ready to fire.
Compare him to Joe and you'll see where I'm coming from.

lsz said:
Mals what I saying is he was not alone in being awful tonight - I get that people feel the need for a scape goat but to pick out one player is just vindictive

What about king? Glenn s

The thing with Trex that gets to people is that most of us can accept a player playing poorly if they are giving their all. Trex looks like he's not giving anything.

sean1976 said:
lsz said:
Mals what I saying is he was not alone in being awful tonight - I get that people feel the need for a scape goat but to pick out one player is just vindictive

What about king? Glenn s

The thing with Trex that gets to people is that most of us can accept a player playing poorly if they are giving their all. Trex looks like he's not giving anything.

There is same sort of old saying, looks can be deceiving or something like that ;)

RE: Trex tonight

conanu said:
COMMANDER said:
Top End Eagle said:
COMMANDER said:
It's always T-Rex's fault, isn't it?

Not always but but tonight it definitely was. Wouldn't even try tonight commander you can't defend the indefensible.

Watmough, G Stewart, DCE and Jason King all were worse than T REx tonight, why don't you start a thread on one of these blokes?

They are all staying and are so far loyal to Manly so why would we bag them? Trex is Laziness personified!

All the talk about loyal makes me laugh of course their staying . Manly have sacrificed young players like whare ,oldfield, harrison ,robinson and even mauro if he gets a deal somewhere else to keep an ageing roster.These blokes would love to be the loyal ones
and be given chances in big games im sure. Trex has the body to be a great nrl player but he doesnt have a football brain.IM suprised it took teams all year to decide to run at his side he is to slow and lazy in defense and matai and foran have covered this up with their urgency in defence,but they were off last night and the result is what it is

T-Rex has zero drive or aggression, he is very quiet reserved and I find it hard to see Des getting much more out of him then a few good games a season

At $600k you don't pay money like that for a player who doesn't play 80 minutes unless you are mad. De$ will have to work miracles to get him fit enough to play 80 quality, value for money minutes cause at the moment his 80 minutes isn't worth ****.

How about his quote in today's DT about the first Cronk try..."I blame myself for that". He's fishing for some re-assurance like " Hey Tony it wasn't your fault at all....Cooper must have hypnotised you or something. You can't be expected to take bullet passes down around your ankles when you're travelling at full tilt".

I reckon our next game vs Dogs will be special.

I reckon Stevie will be rubbed out for 6 months soon, might as well against the Dogs. A big slow moving target, bam.

Masked Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
Masked Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:

You're saying he looked poor because he must have been injured. I'm saying he looked poor because he was mentally weak. Cameron Smith targets anyone who is at marker, that's why he's the best no 9 in the game. Its the one area of the game you must do well in if you want to beat the Storm and I can think of way too many times when our defenders were easily beaten to their feet by the Storm play the ball.

I'm not isolating his performance or performances throughout the season as due to playing injured i'm saying he is not as fit as previous seasons for a variety of reasons which has impacted on his performance.

Trying to relate my comments to being the reason he dropped the ball early in the game---hmmm have no idea how where you get that from.

He needs to improve his attitude get his fitness back to 2009/2010 levels and work on his footy brain so that he runs the right lines(which is also related to having good attacking varied structures in place that create a conducive environment to run straight)

Theres a reason he is going to the Dogs. To be with his daddy Des lol. Seriously though he knows Des gets the best out of him and will push him. Im not saying Tooves hasn't tried and he probably repeatedly has. To me T Rex seemed to underperform the majority of the season and regressed from last seasons form. Whether it was his long suspension or injuries he just hasn't been as committed as last year. I'm a big T Rex fan and saw he had the raw talent and potential when he was at the Eels. However I have been disappointed with him this season. His biggest strength is his size, power and speed but these are wasted because he doesn't make the most of them. He just drifts in and out of games too much. His inconsistency and lack of effort and commitment at times annoy me. I still wish him well for the future but sadly I'm actually glad he's leaving.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6