Good news for a change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Had a really good chat with an old friend who happens to be a current 1st grade players brother. He basically said that his Brother had said that contrary to newspaper reports all the players are very happy at the club. And no one is looking to follow Des over to Dogs, they are also very disappointed in the way it was handled by Des (Not the club as reported and that Des was a done deal Pre GF and he tried to make it look like the clubs fault). He said the players were a little gutted when Crusher left as he was popular with the boys, but also said that the big factor for them all being happy was Donny Singe re-signing and aparently Singe is loved by the players more so than Des. He also said if Singe left it could have wrecked the place but thankfully Singe is very happy to be staying with Tooves and loves his lifestyle and the club. He said that all the players to man were really behind the new set-up and are much happier under Tooves as although he is really strict and rigid he is open to players opinions and works really well with them. Anyway if you choose to believe me that is the low-down. To say I was happy hearing this is an understatement, It was nice to hear that its positive thing coming out of camp. And also suprisingly (Because of paper reports) David Perry is well respected and liked by the boys too.

Very different from what the Media dishes up every 5 minutes.

Hope you and your mate are right, especially re Perry nothing worse that the footy team fighting the CEO.

Same here. I think what he said was genuine as he had no reason to lie as he is very close to his brother but not involved with anyone else at the club. He also said Foran and DCE were re-signing but i think i will wait until thats official as you know what negotiations can be like (best intentions and all that). The best part of it for me was the news that Donny Singe was really happy to stay and that Des hadnt counted on that being the case. Fair play to Donny his staying may have saved the club from the scrapheap. The other thing that was said was that the players were disappointed with Des because his whole retoric was about integrity but unfortunately it seemed as though when Des Integrity was questioned he was a tad hipocritical which is something the players were really annoyed about. Best thing about t was no negativity and and no real bagging of anyone just disapointment in how it went down, but all really happy with current set up.

I have also heard that when the club checked des' laptop they found e-mail evidence on it that he agreed to join the dogs in August last year. Tends to confirm the story that he started discussions with the dogs months earlier around May.

Yeah Tookes,

I heard a bit more about that whole affair but wont go into it out of respect for my mate, but its safe to say that the way it was originally reported was incorrect and what you are alluding to is pretty much on the money and it was a big reason why the Integrity part came into question.

Maybe a new sign is in order "In DON We Trust"

I've been hearing the same thing con, from a couple of different sources. Hopefully it's not just the official line and it is absolutely true.
It certainly paints a different picture to that of the scumbags in the media indeed.

Thanks for sharing that, conanu.
A little piece in the Herald today, too, about the Eagles being very close to signing both Foran and Cherry till 2015. Apparently Foran's manager has been surprised that his phone hasn't been running hot with offers.
Fingers crossed.

S'funny I heard the exact opposite!

(not really , I'm just incredibly bored)

Maybe the brother is happy here because no other club would give him a contract.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Thanks for sharing that, conanu.
A little piece in the Herald today, too, about the Eagles being very close to signing both Foran and Cherry till 2015. Apparently Foran's manager has been surprised that his phone hasn't been running hot with offers.
Fingers crossed.

I thought it was interesting in Weidlers column re SBW that they the dogs have appraoched him despite constant denials from Greenberg and Nasser said that Greenburg doesn't run the club someone else does (Des I assume).

Have heard that SBW is already signed sealed and delivered with the roosters from 2013 so no use the dogs chasing him.

Steer clear of Dogs, Sonny

Weidlers thinks the same Tookey :D

Danny Weidler
February 26, 2012 Read later
. Secret approach ... Sonny Bill Williams. Photo: Reuters

SONNY BILL WILLIAMS'S manager, Khoder Nasser, has come clean for the first time about the secret approach to bring the former Bulldogs star back to the club he walked out on in 2008. The Bulldogs have been in damage control mode, denying an interest in the controversial All Blacks centre and have gone to great lengths to say they have moved on from him. It's hard then to explain why they made an approach to organise a meeting with Williams five weeks ago. Nasser has stayed silent on the matter until now. ''I received a phone call from one of the good blokes at the club, Arthur Coorey, who is a board member,'' he said. ''I didn't make any contact with him, he got in touch with me to find out if a deal had been done with Sonny anywhere and when I told him it hadn't, he wanted to organise a meeting between himself, Sonny and the club chairman, Ray Dib. That took place several weeks ago and I haven't really followed it through too much for obvious reasons. There's no doubt there are still some good people at the Bulldogs club and Arthur and I are from neighbouring villages in Lebanon. However, my advice to Sonny is clear and simple - while we have some friends there, it's not a friendly club and I have told him to keep well and truly clear of that club from now on.'' Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg has been the public face of denials regarding Williams's return to Canterbury. Nasser refused to even mention Greenberg by name when asked about the denials. ''Let me just say sometimes the boss of the club or the figurehead of the club isn't really the person running the club and that's an issue for the Bulldogs to deal with, not for me to deal with,'' Nasser said. Williams remains in high demand throughout the NRL but as this column revealed months ago and because of SBW's connection with the Nine Network through boss David Gyngell, the Roosters remain solid favourites to snap him up

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/steer-clear-of-dogs-sonny-20120225-1tv1i.html#ixzz1nLqZUNxU

Does anyone not think hasler would be driving this. I give it 6 - 12 months and we will be hearing about board rumblings and in fighting at the dogs.

Cambo said:
Does anyone not think hasler would be driving this. I give it 6 - 12 months and we will be hearing about board rumblings and in fighting at the dogs.

Yeah, it's hard not to think that Hasler thrives on division - us against them. And football club boards are always divided. The Dogs will be no exception. Look at the Sonny Bill stuff and the fact they've just employed "Son of McIntyre" (Garry McIntyre was the guy responsible for the Dogs' cap breeches in 2002) as the new chief executive at Canterbury Leagues.

Well this is not what I heard. I was told the complete opposite regarding three players. The source said that they will be at the bulldogs in 2013 and this person should know.

Which players? Well lets say we could add another and make four players from two familys

Christol74 said:
Well this is not what I heard. I was told the complete opposite regarding three players. The source said that they will be at the bulldogs in 2013 and this person should know.

Which players? Well lets say we could add another and make four players from two familys
Not hard to work out who your saying.
One of those players is contracted until 2013 at manly.

My mail on the famous brothers we have is that the off contract one wants to stay at manly but because of financial reasons way beyond his control he is probably going to have to go to the highest bidder.

Everyone seems to have divided opinions from different sources. I have it that a deal was 3/4 done mid 2011 with a Seaeagles player & 2 more were well in sight.
The underhanded dealings becoming public probably done us a favour, as it now seems only 1 could be at Belmore in 2013.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2