Golden point vs a draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But the problem with golden try would be that defending teams would give away penalties rather than a try knowing that the opposition can't win with a field goal or penalty goal.

How about a system where golden try wins but if penalty goals or field goals are scored in extra time then the team with the most points at the end of extra time is the winner?

That's the problem that was originally being discussed though - Team A scores more points in extra time thru penalty and field goals, then Team B scores a flukey try and gets the win even though they scored less. That's not right either.

Have to disagree with this. Under these rules a game would be worth 3 points with a regular game only worth 2. What makes this game worth more than a team that blows another off the park?

So by that reckoning why should a team that has lost in GP get the same as a team that got spanked 46-0? ie zero points.

The winning team will still get 2 points regardless but at least the loser in GP gets 1 point for going the distance.

I prefer a point each for the draw but if they insist on Golden Point then make it a "bonus" point - winner gets 2 points.
Who cares if that game is worth 3 points.

In soccer the winner gets 3 points and a draw 1 each so not every game is equal anyway.

So by that reckoning why should a team that has lost in GP get the same as a team that got spanked 46-0? ie zero points.

The winning team will still get 2 points regardless but at least the loser in GP gets 1 point for going the distance.

I prefer a point each for the draw but if they insist on Golden Point then make it a "bonus" point - winner gets 2 points.
Who cares if that game is worth 3 points.

In soccer the winner gets 3 points and a draw 1 each so not every game is equal anyway.
That's exactly right, it is not a fair result for the losers of the GP. Easy solution, scrap GP altogether and the 2 teams walk away with 1 point each. A fair result for a draw at full time.

Bump ..

The draw between Knights and Penrith just highlights to me the value of a draw .... neither team deserved to walk away from that game with no points .... it would have been a travesty if Knights lost to a field goal ....

There is such a thing as an honiourable draw ... piss golden point off ...

Bump ..

The draw between Knights and Penrith just highlights to me the value of a draw .... neither team deserved to walk away from that game with no points .... it would have been a travesty if Knights lost to a field goal ....

There is such a thing as an honiourable draw ... piss golden point off ...
how was the bombed try? that was laughable. The centre who passed the ball ended up over the try line

It all started with the suggested nonsense of people needing a result. I am not a fan of golden point and IMO both sides have earned the competition point if the score is locked after 80 minutes. It should only be used in sudden death finals games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6