Golden point vs a draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
I don't like golden point. I think if 2 teams are locked up at fulltime, they should both be rewarded for a good effort. Some people say that you need an outright winner so the table can settle, but I stumbled on this today.

This shows the ladder as it stands with golden point being awarded, and what the ladder would look like if a draw had been awarded instead. What do you think? Is golden point making a difference?

ladder.png

Agree 100%

It is just an offside field goal farce. I can understand the logic of extra time in games that need a result (semis etc) but not during the season.

Look at football (soccer) which had variations of golden goal / silver goal for a few years until they decided the better way to end a game was a set period of extra time

Nothing wrong with a hard earned draw.

Edit. just remembered they won one. So point diff .... I don't know.

It obviously doesn't make much difference but I think it's unnecessary.
Two of the best games I've ever seen were draws.
Both against parramatta.
Both at Cumberland.
1980 and 81.
And I think they were both last game of the comp. 19 and 22 all from memory I'll check it later.
And I was there cheering loudly for Manly with my stupid eels supporting family from the northern hill.
Great games, Great days.
Go Manly !!!

I don't like golden point. I think if 2 teams are locked up at fulltime, they should both be rewarded for a good effort. Some people say that you need an outright winner so the table can settle, but I stumbled on this today.

This shows the ladder as it stands with golden point being awarded, and what the ladder would look like if a draw had been awarded instead. What do you think? Is golden point making a difference?

View attachment 4070

Mozzie haven't Warriors lost 3 and won 1 golden point.

So got 2 points but with draws counting would have 4 points .... so would be on 24?

I think a draw is the best result. Golden Point is there to make it exciting, but to me it takes away from the already played 80 minutes. It can almost be a lottery.

Remember when we drew, at the end of Golden Point, with Melbourne after having made 400+ tackles and they had heaps of consecutive sets on our line?

To keep them out for that long and to lose by a field goal after 80 minutes is up is not a good reflection on the game to me.

That's my opinion, anyway. If you disagree, you are wrong. Your wrongness is not my fault.

It obviously doesn't make much difference but I think it's unnecessary.
Two of the best games I've ever seen were draws.
Both against parramatta.
Both at Cumberland.
1980 and 81.
And I think they were both last game of the comp. 19 and 22 all from memory I'll check it later.
And I was there cheering loudly for Manly with my stupid eels supporting family from the northern hill.
Great games, Great days.
Go Manly !!!
How about our draw against the Broncos in 1999, we came from 20 points behind to draw level, can you imagine if it went into golden point and we lost, it would be just another forgotten game.

What was wrong with "5 minutes each way extra time"in finals in the first place.

We got this golden point rubbish because of draw in state of origin.

Hello, you just keep playing extra time until you get a winner. Simples.

I think a draw is the best result. Golden Point is there to make it exciting, but to me it takes away from the already played 80 minutes. It can almost be a lottery.

Remember when we drew, at the end of Golden Point, with Melbourne after having made 400+ tackles and they had heaps of consecutive sets on our line?

To keep them out for that long and to lose by a field goal after 80 minutes is up is not a good reflection on the game to me.

That's my opinion, anyway. If you disagree, you are wrong. Your wrongness is not my fault.

What was wrong with "5 minutes each way extra time"in finals in the first place.

We got this golden point rubbish because of draw in state of origin.

Hello, you just keep playing extra time until you get a winner. Simples.

We got this extra time rubbish because of hairtailed, earing wearing, chardonnay sucking yuppie dimwits who want instant gratification and game rules being interpreted to improve the product for other yuppie dimwits who don't watch it in the first place.... I think.

No issue with golden point, but it needs to be refereed properly. Offside, penalty. Holding down penalty.

I think everyone is frustrated seeing teams 3m offside and the ref does nothing.

Absolutely hate golden point
The teams play to accumulate points whether it be 1 point or 2 to make the top 8
It should only be golden point when you need a result after playing extra time

The lottery of Golden Point was highlighted best last night when the Sharks captain went out of his way to lie during the coin toss. They must be discussing coin tosses at team meetings.

Are they practicing coin tossing? Or like our back three - hand shakes?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2