Golden Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
I can probably sort that out for you if you want

lol....add a couple of more 1's to the end of his username!

:D

edit: don't you ever sleep?

Dan said:
Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:
If you go make sure you have a nametag so other silvertails can identify you. I will be the bloke wearing shoes

Damn, I thought you'd be the guy wearing just 1 shoe!

1 shoe, it's a deal!

Then I'd call out: Hey Shoe1, did you lose a shoe?

And you'd reply: Nah, GE, I just found one!

The 1 on the end of shoe annoys me, on the old Mwse forum I was shoe, but for some reason couldn't register here with shoe, hence the 1.

I can probably sort that out for you if you want

nah it's ok Dan, I'll live with it

But, but, but - the club is in crisis. Everyone hates the place and wants out.

So many names in that lot listed above that won't go down as all time Manly greats, but once you get Manly in your blood you can't get rid of it.

This is a great effort by Boxy and crew, Boxy despite finishing in the ESL has always been an Eagle, meet him during WCC trips, saw him again at the 2011 and 2013 Grand Finals, and been Facebook and a Twitter pals with him for years, a really really top bloke!!

Killer03 said:
One name on there that jumps out at me as one of the most underrated players of all time is Shane Rodney. Again when we bought him I was suitably unimpressed, but he was such a top player for us. No fuss, no frills. Just tackled himself stupid, and then made tough run.

And one of those rare players who got premierships at 2 clubs, us and the Panthers.

and he could kick goals too

From Mark Bryant "Golden Eagles' is the ex players of the Sea eagles. It has been out together by Josh Perry and myself to reconnect the ex players with the club again. We have about 80 members at the moment and that number is growing by the day. We plan to do more things at the Leagues club before and after matches in the future.

Hi guys, head over to our official FB page and give it a like. It's Manly Warringah Golden Eagles Association. We will have news on there of up coming catch up pre and post games and hopefully get a great turn out again where we can all catch up for a drink and a laugh and cheer our team on together!"

The page is  
https://www.facebook.com/goldeneaglesassociation

I was there in the Lyons Den.

I reckon there would have been 15 to 20 ex players there.

Ray Brown Alan Thompson Mark Bryant Shane Rodney Chad Randall to name a few.

All were happy to sign autographs from what I could see - great stuff!

Happy meals are awesome but even more so with cool toys! Like kinder surprises.

They are like bursts of hope on a cloudy day.

I stand by my Canadian bacon derision!

Chip and Chase said:
Anyone go on Friday ??

I was there. Good to see some familiar faces. And some not so familiar ones. This made it well worth it though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 15
simon64 said:
Chip and Chase said:
Anyone go on Friday ??

I was there. Good to see some familiar faces. And some not so familiar ones. This made it well worth it though.

I went after the game, so was the Beaver there beforehand?

Also there is a pic of ex four players, Bob Lenon, John Colby, Ed Diggins and Vic Baker. Anyone know much about them?

eelcatcher said:
simon64 said:
Chip and Chase said:
Anyone go on Friday ??

I went after the game, so was the Beaver there beforehand?

Also there is a pic of ex four players, Bob Lenon, John Colby, Ed Diggins and Vic Baker. Anyone know much about them?

Yeah Beaver dropped in before heading over for some media commitments.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6