Golden Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
Hey Mark Bryant is organising a group of 40 ex players to meet at the Lyons Den at 5:30pm on Friday as a show of support for Tooves and the club. He's inviting fans to meet them there before they head of to see the game. Now thats class, a show of force against the rubbish the media has been dishing out lately!

From Mark Bryant "A few of the guys include.. Shane Rodney, Mick Bani, Ian Thompson, Bill Bradstreet, George McTaggart, Chad Randall, Max Krillich, Chris Hicks, Jye Mullane, Robert Lenon, David Ronson, Spudd Carroll, Ray Brown, Dave O'Donnell, Vic Mauro... Cant type them all, starting to go cross eyed, been looking at this screen all day!! haha Look forward to catching you guys down there. We will be meeting at 5pm for a couple of beers and then will have it all opened up so you guys can join"

Wow an already impressive list...would be worth it just to see them all stand behind Tooves and Manly

If someone is heading there can they print out a photo of me and a message of support all the way from the Netherlands?

One name on there that jumps out at me as one of the most underrated players of all time is Shane Rodney. Again when we bought him I was suitably unimpressed, but he was such a top player for us. No fuss, no frills. Just tackled himself stupid, and then made tough run.

And one of those rare players who got premierships at 2 clubs, us and the Panthers.

Wow if able you'd be crazy not to go along for a beer and a chat, prior to going to the game.

We need to keep the positive vibes and solidarity pumping (as this season shifts into the pointy end) and a meeting like this is perfect.

They'd all be great to meet, but absolute legends like Thrower (Krilich), Magilla Thompson, and Ray Brown would be extra worthy to listen to!

This current team of ours are rolling towards some history of their own, you can just feel it.

These get togethers are always on when we are cheering the NYC Team on :huh:

The future of Manly should get supported by the Fans.
Especially as the NYC are in the 8 for the first time in years :)

After the game would make more sense to catch up with the past Players :idea:

They are living proof that a change in personnel does not stop the Manly Winning Culture :cool:

I am going to watch the Under 20's go around, so wont be going to the club. Like @HappilyManly pointed out, it would be much better after the game.

Still a great idea though.

Definitely need to get Jye Mullane signing a jersey or something as a prize to give away on here, he is a huge part of getting this site off the ground

dowdz said:
I am going to watch the Under 20's go around, so wont be going to the club. Like @HappilyManly pointed out, it would be much better after the game.

Still a great idea though.

Very good point mate, and @HappilyManly too

And good on you both (and all others) that get along to support our budding Eagles!

I'd be similarly torn if there, so perhaps someone could simply point this out to Mark and co.?

Dan said:
If someone is heading there can they print out a photo of me and a message of support all the way from the Netherlands?

Jye would ned to be 1st on that list of photo recipiants.

If you go make sure you have a nametag so other silvertails can identify you. I will be the bloke wearing shoes

Shoe1 said:
If you go make sure you have a nametag so other silvertails can identify you. I will be the bloke wearing shoes

Damn, I thought you'd be the guy wearing just 1 shoe!

Then I'd call out: Hey Shoe1, did you lose a shoe?

And you'd reply: Nah, GE, I just found one!

globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:

1 shoe, it's a deal!

The 1 on the end of shoe annoys me, on the old Mwse forum I was shoe, but for some reason couldn't register here with shoe, hence the 1.

From Mark Bryant, "Just so you know most of us will head back after the game as well. Just needed to have it before the game for some of our older members. Sunday games will be much better"

Shoe1 said:
The 1 on the end of shoe annoys me, on the old Mwse forum I was shoe, but for some reason couldn't register here with shoe, hence the 1.

Soooooo a fullstop didn't suffice?

tonight we have a really big shoe! (ed sullivan)

Shoe1 said:
globaleagle said:
Shoe1 said:

1 shoe, it's a deal!

I can probably sort that out for you if you want

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6