Gold Coast Bears

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I want to know is if the Bears franchise is so wealthy, how did they go broke at the time of the Super League Wars and how come they havent won a premiership since 1922 and havent even been runners up since 1943.

Towards the end despite being in one of the more opulent regions of Sydney, they couldnt even secure a major sponsor, having to rely on their club to pay their way. Great resume.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Gee I hope it happens. I have a number of friends who are Bear supporters who blame their demise on Manly, and I'm sick of putting up with their rubbish.

Why would they bother taking two home games to the Central Coast? North Sydney is their past, the Gold Coast could potentially be their future and they want to take games to a place they have never called home? Play a couple of heritage round games at North Sydney Oval if they're looking for nostalgia factor. It's heritage listed so their spiritual home base is always protected.

At the risk of being kicked off Silvertails, I wish them well. I hate gimmicky sporting franchises and it doesn't get much worse than the Titans. I for one would definitely want to watch a grudge match with an old enemy than some hack team with a nothing logo and bad colours.

So do the bears have to repay their debts before they overtake the Titans?

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

"THE North Sydney Bears are preparing for a takeover of the Gold Coast Titans, with their profitable leagues club registering a business in the Gold Coast Bears name.

The club already operates the Seagulls Club on the Tweed and has been steadily increasing its brand’s presence in that club over the past 12 months.

North Sydney have made no secret of their desire to own the Gold Coast team and replace the Titans with their own brand — logo, colours and all — but the local board maintains they’re not going anywhere.

North of the Coast, another shark is circling in the form of a strong campaign from Rockhampton which is understood to have been one of three serious contenders to take the club on 12 months ago.

Others included a consortium from the South Island of New Zealand and the owner of UK-based Super League Club, Salford.
The company name Gold Coast Titans Pty Ltd will cease to exist in coming weeks, now replaced by the wholly NRL-owned entity, Titans Rugby League Pty Ltd.

Exasperated Titans bosses continued to dismiss talk of any sale of the club as the NRL celebrated its official season launch yesterday.

CEO Graham Annesley said there was no significance in the NRL’s removal of the city’s name from the company which operates the Titans.

“The NRL have made it absolutely clear on any number of occasions that the game will continue on the Gold Coast,” he said.

“They had to very quickly register a company name and because there had been so many different (Gold Coast Titans) entities, they chose one that was different.”

IP Australia had no trademark registered for Gold Coast Bears yesterday, however web domain names for goldcoastbears.com and goldcoastbears.com.au had both been registered.

The .au domain had been registered by a Sydney digital marketing manager and the other was reserved on Wednesday by someone who has hidden their identity.

CQ NRL bid chairman Geoff Murphy said the NRL had made it clear when they were negotiating last year that the league would hold on to the Titans for “three years at least”.

“We were in discussions — in serious discussions,” he said.

“I would like to think that an approach would be made to us if what we’re reading in the papers is correct and they were ready to sell.

“We would certainly be interested.

“I was in no uncertain terms that no matter what happened it was going to take at least three years.”

Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle said the NRL, which has said all along it did not want long-term ownership of the club, would look to offload the club once it was completely stable, which she said was “not far off”.

“They wanted to make sure it was solid and had a strong foundation and structure before it was sold,” she said.

“I would expect that they would want to resolve it by the end of the year.

“We want the club to remain a Gold Coast club — in Gold Coast hands.”

Mr Murphy, who once played for the North Sydney Bears, said his bid, which has more than 40,000 members and strong corporate support, would hang on as long as it took.

“It means that we just have to hang in there for longer and keep going,” he said.

“The bid is still very strong and will remain strong — there’s still a real desire for a club here.”

There won't be any Gold Coast Bears if Burleigh Bears get their way.

Burleigh Bears tell North Sydney to back off in bid to rebrand Titans as Gold Coast Bears

February 26, 2016 1:00am
Emma Greenwood Gold Coast Bulletin

777cebefc2f3ac1924ffa054884f3e29

Burleigh Bears say they will fight any attempt to rebrand the Titans as the Gold Coast Bears.
BACK off, we’re the Gold Coast’s Bears.

That’s the message the Burleigh Bears are sending North Sydney as they protect their 80-year association with rugby league on the Coast.

Click here to read the full article.

There won't be any Gold Coast Bears if Burleigh Bears get their way.

Burleigh Bears tell North Sydney to back off in bid to rebrand Titans as Gold Coast Bears

February 26, 2016 1:00am
Emma Greenwood Gold Coast Bulletin

777cebefc2f3ac1924ffa054884f3e29

Burleigh Bears say they will fight any attempt to rebrand the Titans as the Gold Coast Bears.
BACK off, we’re the Gold Coast’s Bears.

That’s the message the Burleigh Bears are sending North Sydney as they protect their 80-year association with rugby league on the Coast.

Click here to read the full article.
Hmm wonder who the burleigh Bears based their logo on in the first place?

the phrase "exasperated Titans bosses" appears in that smh article above.

It's pretty standard for them, the default status I would have thought.

Gold Coast Bears 2017
1.Coote*
2.Mead
3.O'neill*
4.Davis
5.Mcdonald
6.Keary*
7.Taylor(gk)
8.Shillington
9.Segeyaro(c)*
10.Douglas
11.James