Gold Coast Bears

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm always open to getting the Bears out of Manly's hair once and for all, as long as the move doesnt mean we have the Gold Coast- Sydney North Shore Bears.

Of course the other option is the Bears could amalgamate with a Papuan side, so NG can enter the League.

Seems unlikely their Central Coast drive is going to be successful in under two decades, if at all especially when there is almost certainly another QLD side being strongly touted, and then there's Perth, Wellington, Beirut. The Bears best bet is an amalgamation...but then how would the locals like such a usurping

I'm always open to getting the Bears out of Manly's hair once and for all, as long as the move doesnt mean we have the Gold Coast- Sydney North Shore Bears.

Of course the other option is the Bears could amalgamate with a Papuan side, so NG can enter the League.

Seems unlikely their Central Coast drive is going to be successful in under two decades, if at all especially when there is almost certainly another QLD side being strongly touted, and then there's Perth, Wellington, Beirut. The Bears best bet is an amalgamation...but then how would the locals like such a usurping

It's not as bad as it sounds , Seagulls ( apparently owned by the Bears) is a successful local club up there.

I'm not based at the coast ( perhaps @wombatgc might like to add here) but my understanding is the Titans pissed off the local clubs up there by not involving them in the first place, so in fact this might actually succeed.

GOLD COAST WONT WORK!

that was meant to be caps. The place needs more than a "Takeover" it needs a complete clean out with a completely new lot. The fact they got a license to begins with is crazy.

He probably thinks that by combining a titan and bear it will create a more formidable creature.

Just for the hell of it, searched google images for Titan Bear ....

ibyq3pf1vupkegzjezdr.png

It's not as bad as it sounds , Seagulls ( apparently owned by the Bears) is a successful local club up there.

I'm not based at the coast ( perhaps @wombatgc might like to add here) but my understanding is the Titans pissed off the local clubs up there by not involving them in the first place, so in fact this might actually succeed.
Pretty sure Burleigh Bears became a feeder for Broncos at one stage because of Titan's mismanagement. Burleigh have always been one of the strongest league clubs on the coast.

No merger just to piss that ex bears supporter shane who calls up talkin sport & now supports Melbourne.The prick always rings & bags manly.
Yeah. I sometimes listen to that program on the drive home from work. There are a few callers like that Shane. They always are so agreeable with everything that Shane clown says...damn annoying.
Just yesterday they were talking about bringing the game into disrepute and the caller mentions Brett Stewart and they didn't pull him up on it. Also, with the John Hopoate interview they are all nice to him and take Hoppa's side during the interview and 30 minutes later Tunks is agreeing with a caller that Hoppa is not fit to coach SG Ball due to his past.
That "Kiwi Bill" caller is funny. I think he would suggest that Shane needs a good slap.

Will this now mean that the Bears will demand that their junior area extend from North of the Harbour Bridge to the Tweed

I wonder if @Ryan and @tookey will jump back onto the Bears bandwagon
@wheel If norths come back into the comp then manly could sign more of these quality players

Although there have been some good ones come from norths

1947: R. Allerton [1937 to 38 & 40 to 42]
1947: Eric Bathgate [1944 to 45]
1947: Ray Black [1946]
1947: Johnny Bliss [1944 to 46]
1947: Albert Collins [1945]
1947: Jim Hall [1942 to 45]
1947: Keith 'Megsy' Kirkwood [1945 to 46]
1947: C 'Kelly' McMahon [1943 to 46]
1947: Max Whitehead [1942 to 43,46]
1956: Peter Diversi [1952 to 55]
1957: Alf Madden [1955 to 56]
1958: Norm Twight [1955 to 57]
1960: Barney McEvoy [1956 to 59]
1961: Bernie Cuneo [1956 to 60]
1962: Barry Hall [1960]
1971: Ken Irvine [1958 to 70]
1971: Graham Williams [1969 to 71]
1973: Warren Evans [1969 to 72]
1978: John Gray* [1975 to 77]
1978: Mick Healy* [1973 to 77]
1978: Bruce Walker [1971 to 77]
1985: Darren Rodgers [1983 to 84]
1986: Mitchell Cox [1982 to 85]
1986: Cliff Lyons [1985]
1988: Don McKinnon [1977 to 87]
1990: Martin Bella [1986 to 89]

Last edited:

Not sure on the Seagulls part. But definitely sure on the Titans part. Ever since Searle and the Titans got another shot at getting it right, it's like they wrote the book on how to completely f@ck-up-a-franchise. They continue to do it now. Tonnes of great juniors on the coast, soon as their 18 gonski to Sydney....Jack Rodger's, Callum McKay for starters (if he doesn't get a run with the Panthers 20s monsters, get him to Manly. Freak.)

Its in the gold coast bulliten online today:

THE Gold Coast Titans’ unique season launch this morning was somewhat overshadowed by whispers of a potential takeover by the North Sydney Bears.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/north-sydney-bears-rumours-linger-as-gold-coast-titans-launch-nrl-season-at-seaworld/news-story/e8f653c78b2d479df0e335a7

"According to Rugby League Week, the Bears are in talks to buy out the Titans and rebrand the team to be known as the Gold Coast Bears.

Titans boss Graham Annesley was this morning aware of the speculation — and described it as just that.

However, Annesley said if there is truth to the rumour, it would be positive for the Gold Coast to have people interested in the club.

The Titans welcomed their 2016 members with a breakfast and spectacular dolphin show at SeaWorld.

Front rower Luke Douglas got a little closer to the action than he might have expected, being invited out of the crowd to jump in and meet one of the dolphins."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6