• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day all,I have the misfortune of working with a bloke who listens to Hadley's radio show every day and have to suffer his puerile rantings.I often wonder what monstrous evil i have perpetrated in life to be subjected to such a cruel punishment.
cheers mike

I consider myself a less evil Ray. I'm glad this thread wasn't about me! :whew:
I hope his first name is the only thing we have in common. I don't know why perpetual bitching and whining has lined Hadley's pockets for so long. He doesn't let a bias agenda get in the way of a good rant..
As for the Brookie Oval Debacle, I wish the Council would let the Penns, Max Delmege or maybe even Hugh Jackman buy the land and Oval off them since it seems to be too much for them to handle!:p :giggle:
Nah just sick of the conflicting and contradicting.. Don't know who to believe anymore, but certainly not Hadley!:sick:

I was listening to the CCT yesterday and Morrow (ex abc guy, I'm not sure on the name) alluded to that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that the public isn't privy too. Said he couldn't say much coz of legal issues. Sound like a Penn plan to have us uprooted to Gosford/ SFS.

Yeah, if Ray Hadley's in your corner, chances are you're in the wrong corner. But here's hoping someone can sort the whole mess out.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
I consider myself a less evil Ray. I'm glad this thread wasn't about me! :whew:
I hope his first name is the only thing we have in common. I don't know why perpetual bitching and whining has lined Hadley's pockets for so long. He doesn't let a bias agenda get in the way of a good rant..
As for the Brookie Oval Debacle, I wish the Council would let the Penns, Max Delmege or maybe even Hugh Jackman buy the land and Oval off them since it seems to be too much for them to handle!:p :giggle:
Nah just sick of the conflicting and contradicting.. Don't know who to believe anymore, but certainly not Hadley!:sick:
Under añ existing deed of arrangement, the ground cannot be sold even if the Penns wanted to buy it.
Buying a football club is unsound economic judgement, buying Brookvale Oval is sheer stupidity

Last I heard from the talk back radio brigade (my old man) the Chinese own the league's club and want the ground for development...when asked for a bit more info than that he said they went to an ad break and hadn't come back to the subject!...oh well, he's happy.

So the Fat Greeks paper does no good, then we roll out and ex PM now a shock jock and Bronwyn Bishop FFS. What a circus this joint is

I have a nephew who works for NSW Govt. and looks after the various stadiums etc. He confirmed to me tonight that the government will adopt the VIC Govt. stadia model and have all games played out of 4 major stadia ANZ, Allianz, Parra Stadium and build a new one out west possibly Campbelltown (TBC). He said he government will no longer support local grounds for major codes. Clubs like Manly, Dragons, Sharks etc. will have to look after themselves should they choose to stay in local grounds with no financial support what so ever.
I told him adopting the VIC model is ridiculous, Mexicans support of sport and AFL in particular is a different level and mentality.... As he is no sport lover he has no idea nor cares.
Based on what he told me tonight. Suburban ground footy is dead...

The council has stated that there is no chance of them reducing it even if they wanted to "due to regulations imposed by the government during the state's council amalgamation process." The Penns, however, are attempting to draw public attention away from this statement, by using the age old red-neck argument of "piss off, I was here first.' They're attempting to make the council look the evil ones in this, when in reality they want to shift games away from brookvale...... it's a cover up.

I have a nephew who works for NSW Govt. and looks after the various stadiums etc. He confirmed to me tonight that the government will adopt the VIC Govt. stadia model and have all games played out of 4 major stadia ANZ, Allianz, Parra Stadium and build a new one out west possibly Campbelltown (TBC). He said he government will no longer support local grounds for major codes. Clubs like Manly, Dragons, Sharks etc. will have to look after themselves should they choose to stay in local grounds with no financial support what so ever.
I told him adopting the VIC model is ridiculous, Mexicans support of sport and AFL in particular is a different level and mentality.... As he is no sport lover he has no idea nor cares.

What Melbourne has that Sydney doesn't is a decent public transport system. For the AFL at least, the MCG is right next to the train lines while the Docklands Stadium is accessible by bus and train (it also has a car park under the field which happens to be one of the reasons the ground is considered hard. There is about 3-4 feet of earth on top of a concrete base).

And besides all that, people in Melbourne love the MCG so much they'd go there to watch paint dry.

Ground rationalisation worked in Melbourne because it was much easier for fans in the suburbs to get to the major venues. It also made sense because the amount of spectators the AFL attracts had outgrown the old suburban grounds. But I can't see it working in Sydney.

Last edited:
Next election we need to put some doubt into the minds of our local representatives. As long as the northern beaches is a safe liberal seat we will always miss out, while the marginal areas get money thrown at them. If Baird, Stokes or Hazard think their jobs are at risk, it won't matter what stadia policy they would like to implement, they will protect their jobs first.

What Melbourne has that Sydney doesn't is a decent public transport system. For the AFL at least, the MCG is right next to the train lines while the Docklands Stadium is accessible by bus and train (it also has a car park under the field which happens to be one of the reasons the ground is considered hard. There is about 3-4 feet of earth on top of a concrete base).

And besides all that, people in Melbourne love the MCG so much they'd go there to watch paint dry.

Ground rationalisation worked in Melbourne because it was much easier for fans in the suburbs to get to the major venues. It also made sense because the amount of spectators the AFL attracts had outgrown the old suburban grounds. But I can't see it working in Sydney.
They also have a flat, compact city with about 6 teams within walking distance of one another. Richmond, Saints, Melbourne, Carlton, north melb etc. For most of the last 100 years they also had souths (the swans) and Fitzroy within that tiny grid.

It makes sense for them to play at one or two grounds.

It's as if Sydney had glebe, Annandale, newtown, the rocks, Chippendale and paddington as major clubs.

Take note of this, nephew. :0)

And the notion that they have a better public transport system is a bit of a furphy - outside of the tram network that is. The biggest strategic planning mistake in Sydney's history was the decision to do away with the trams.

Otherwise Sydney has spent considerably more on upgrading and expanding its rail network since the War, albeit not enough to compensate for the city's growth, than Melbourne has.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7