Glenn's progress

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Glens progress

Clint said:
cherry_poppins said:

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

Where????
*screams*
I can't see the troll. Oh hang on. It's the blonde on the far right with the sunnies on, isn't it!!!
Yeah, she looks about 54, 55 yrs old, so fits profile

Comes down to coaching and the core senior players to get the best of the fringe players. Have a look at the system at the storm!

Gift is out of form. you can see he is trying too hard. just has to stick to the basics and winning games will increase his confidence.

Really, Glenn has been fairly ordinary in his comeback, and I think it has effected the team as much as his brothers absence has as well. Prior to last nights first half though there was some minor improvements in his performances over the previous 2 rounds. IMO some people have jumped the gun saying he played really well. I thought he had improved but the performances themselves still weren't up to scratch.

Only time will tell if he will get back to his best, or if this was indeed the beginning of the end. It happens for everyone (except Beaver!) ;) For services rendered I'm prepared to give him a little bit longer to prove he's still got it.

He has improved is trying to play straighter and tighter in so at least he is aware or the coaching dept is aware of some issues but it is easy to improve against sub standard defensive lines.
Masked Eagle said:
Really, Glenn has been fairly ordinary in his comeback, and I think it has effected the team as much as his brothers absence has as well. Prior to last nights first half though there was some minor improvements in his performances over the previous 2 rounds. IMO some people have jumped the gun saying he played really well. I thought he had improved but the performances themselves still weren't up to scratch.

Only time will tell if he will get back to his best, or if this was indeed the beginning of the end. It happens for everyone (except Beaver!) ;) For services rendered I'm prepared to give him a little bit longer to prove he's still got it.

Being a bit negative (or even being a lot negative) about our chances does not make one a troll, in the absence of other indicia of trolldom.
Or is this the true supporter debate again?

Just watched a replay of last night. Glenn does carry that right arm, something chronic by the look of it. It's not good, probably why his passes were so bad.
Looks like its a shoulder problem but then he seems ok when tackling with it. Very strange.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Being a bit negative (or even being a lot negative) about our chances does not make one a troll, in the absence of other indicia of trolldom.
Or is this the true supporter debate again?

Is this the first use of the term INDICIA.

Well done.

mickqld said:
Just watched a replay of last night. Glenn does carry that right arm, something chronic by the look of it. It's not good, probably why his passes were so bad.
Looks like its a shoulder problem but then he seems ok when tackling with it. Very strange.
He's been hammered for his passing but at the time I thought it looked as though Hiku wasn't quite where he was supposed to be. Haven't re-watched it so might be wrong though.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mickqld said:
He's been hammered for his passing but at the time I thought it looked as though Hiku wasn't quite where he was supposed to be. Haven't re-watched it so might be wrong though.

Yes Hiku wasn't in the right spot i think a couple of times but Glenn's passes at other times just seemed to lack control.

g'day all,i think a bit of perspective in this debate is required.Plenty of people on here have been happy to bag the so called plodders who are guilty of nothing more than trying to do their best and dont live up to some peoples expectations,not everyone can be a superstar.In my opinion glens form this year has been ordinary at best and if he was anyone else playing like that the calls to put him out would be very vocal indeed and to say he is beyond criticism or judged by standards different to others is hypocritical.Lets be honest the team the cowboys had out there last night was full of young blokes,journeymen and no names so there really was no excuse for a player of glens former quality to dominate.He didn't.
cheers mike

He would have to be injured. Parra and NQ are basket cases; I wonder if we had lost whether his efforts would be so easily tolerated.

It's been a long long time since he was last good. Basically all of last season and all of this season.

No reason he can't be good again though.

Gifty didn't seem to like the start of stumpy's interview and his inference that Manly relaxed and it wasn't just the bounce of the ball.

Would've been good to hear if he said anything after the interview ended!

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/After-the-Whistle-with-Gifty--Round-19/79953

Much better speaker than his brother.

It's actually nice for the 'star' not to agree with the interviewer. It makes for the two-sided point of view without becoming aggressive.

I thought Glenn looked a lot better yesterday. He's getting better every week and will be at full power again soon. There will be a lot of people here with egg on their faces. Jamie Lyon looked sharp and Brett was brilliant. If we can stay out of hospital we'll give the comp a real shape. Although, we're not reall good at staying fit. Always seems as if someone is crook.

How will a lot of people have egg on their faces?

Most were calling for him to be brought back in gradually whilst he regains his fitness and combinations. Without his stupid play we probably would have won against the dogs and warriors and possibly could have beaten the chooks as well if he had passed the Symonds on the 4th set in a row of the 8.

Looks like some people have that much egg already on their face they are having trouble seeing.

He was better yesterday only giving away one stupid penalty and a crap kick. A few more hitups in the game and he will be getting back to average form.

Oh, So there weren't people that thought Glenn Should be benched and even people who claimed he was passed his best?

Maybe i watched a different game to you yesterday because i thought he played well.

As far as I'm concerned, Glenn Stewart is a champion player who was brought back before he was ready to fill holes created by other injured or suspended forwards.

He was better yesterday, but I think the criticism of him (see Fluffy's post above) was justified. I don't know why he can't be used on the bench from time to time.

I disagree. I think he was under cooked and had come back to early. Had we had the cattle at the time i think he would have been given an couple of weeks to get right.

I think its admirable that people are prepared to back Glenn Stewart and no doubt he deserves it on past performances.

However I don't think it is at all unreasonable to mention that his form has been way down this year. On the weekend he seemed to do less creative/flashy stuff and did more running. So as a result he made less errors ( ignoring the kick that saw the 100m try ).

Pretty soon he will have a game something like the old Glenn Stewart ...The "I told you so " and "egg on face" brigade will have their say. No doubt it will happen...but gee we've been waiting a while.

In summary, gift a Manly legend, we all want him back near his best, not there yet but hopefully firing by the semi's will be a big boost.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4