Glenn Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake said:
Stevo said:
IMO he needs to get back in the next few weeks to be right for the finals.

yeah, that's what I was hinting at. We don't want him coming back one or two weeks before, going into the toughest period of the season with no match fitness nor cohesion with his teammates.

True. This reminded me of 2011 when he was suspended for 4 weeks after the infamous Brookie brawl, missed all the finals, came back for the GF. I remember while he was suspended Donny and his staff flogged him so he didn't lose a lot of fitness. He not only helped us win the big one, he won the Clive Churchill Medal (if my memory serves me correctly)!

Mind you, that was 3 years ago, so he's 3 years older and has been out for a whole lot longer than 4 weeks! Still, hope Donny's working his magic again.

ALinda said:
True. This reminded me of 2011 when he was suspended for 4 weeks after the infamous Brookie brawl, missed all the finals, came back for the GF. I remember while he was suspended Donny and his staff flogged him so he didn't lose a lot of fitness. He not only helped us win the big one, he won the Clive Churchill Medal (if my memory serves me correctly)!
The reason he stayed in shape then was the fact that he trained extra - zero injuries!

This time round he had a broken ankle - zero running, squating etc :s

Does anyone see him at Narra :huh:
At games he just looks sage, with Wolfie's beard on his face :D

i seem to remember the last few times he's been injured he;s taken quite some time to get back to match fitness.

HappilyManly said:
The reason he stayed in shape then was the fact that he trained extra - zero injuries!

This time round he had a broken ankle - zero running, squatting etc :s

Well that was one of the reasons but yes HM, fair call. A broken ankle is not taken lightly, and at his age and weight. I'll be surprised if he comes back in good nick before the finals.

Fancy being allowed back on the field with a broken ankle. Support staff screwed the pooch on that one.

Will appear in the line up without any fore warning. He won't be named in the team on a Wednesday.

Maybe this week.

Saw a snippet on the intranet-webby thing suggesting Gift is still a month away (from playing).

I'm hoping it's absolutely no more than that. (Giving him a few games to amp up before the finals).

We need him, even for half a game of quality in each final, to win this I believe.

Also said today is Nood's birthday!

Happy Birthday Joe.

Wish we could've got another year from you (AND Kitey, of course).

I'm really hoping (and quietly confident) Nami Lui can develop along the same lines.

But we need Gift to play a role before he leaves, I'm sure.

As much as I want to see Gift go out a winner if he's done for the year then such is life as a footballer. Ferris is filling in more than adequately and making the spot his it would be a bit of a shame to see him lose it late in the season to someone who won't be season/match fit.

G.Stewart must come off the bench, at least for the first few weeks.

I will not hear of Buhrer or Horo being benched. They deliver each and every week.

NYEagle

There's room for G.Stewart and Buhrer n Horo, in our best 17.

It's a question of when and IF Gift can get back on the field.

If so, even quality cameo minutes from him could be crucial (for our premiership!)

How's he going to get match fit playing from the bench??
Has to start and play the 80 minutes, or close to 80 to get match fit.
May take him 4-6 weeks doing that, then he'll be right.

the mauler said:

G'day all,I reckon your right,pretty sure they play 80 minutes in NSW cup.Like it or not Glens form when he returned from injury last year was so substandard that the previously unthinkable of criticising him, and suggesting maybe time in reserves, was being openly canvassed by many on here.As I've said before time and injury can catch up with anyone,not to mention the changing nature of the game.Realistically there is one spot up for grabs and that will be between Glen and JB if Glen does return soon, and given JB has been close to our best week in week out it would be tough to leave him out.
cheers mike

Jeez

Xmas in July might be trendy and a good time to pretend to get excited but last time I looked,my sack was still empty##

Its october that counts,that the real xmas- and I don't reckon there would be a club on this planet that would not have Gift and choc in their team no matter what other players are available when the whips are cracking.

These guys are tight and I am not concerned that they are sitting in the stands together watching the team-just watch the lift when they return-wasn't that long ago we were questiuoning Snake.

never knock champions-they will make a fool of you every time and don't ever not believe,that these boys ARE champions at every level

Go Manly

mike walker said:
the mauler said:

G'day all,I reckon your right,pretty sure they play 80 minutes in NSW cup.Like it or not Glens form when he returned from injury last year was so substandard that the previously unthinkable of criticising him, and suggesting maybe time in reserves, was being openly canvassed by many on here.As I've said before time and injury can catch up with anyone,not to mention the changing nature of the game.Realistically there is one spot up for grabs and that will be between Glen and JB if Glen does return soon, and given JB has been close to our best week in week out it would be tough to leave him out.
cheers mike

Let me get this right, you want Gift to come back in the NSW Cup?? Lol..... You're kidding right??
Maybe Brett could've come back through the reggies as well??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2