Glenn Stewart return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the footy gods allow, he'll be back at least to play a cameo role off the bench in the finals and grand final.

We might just be seeing the planets align for one last glorious time with this unforgettable group.

I think the best thing would be for Willo to take him under his wing in NSW cup for a few weeks. But then Willo would play him out of position anyhow.

I mentioned the same thing is another post. Gift will need to return soon, otherwise I can't see him fit enough to play finals.

I know gift has an x-factor, but if h's is not match fit, than we would probably be better with T Red.

The Who said:
I had to stifle a chuckle when I read that Hasson was rested because he was suffering the effects of concussion. Why then did the club use him as a spokesperson for media interviews leading up to the match with George Illawarra? Who was not thinking straight?

Simple answer to that: they needed someone who would tow the club line. Cherry-Evans would have been smashed if he was up, while none of the alleged three are going to be allowed to talk.

Lawrence, Hasson, Symonds Lyon and co. though - they certainly aren't going to criticise the club or even go close to admitting any in-fighting.

I also think he should be put straight back in the side...I really think Horo is the one that needs to be benched.

Even if he can't get peak fitness back up, a spot on the bench, and half a game of his class will do me.

Don't underestimate the extra confidence and motivation he'll provide being back in the 17.

Wanting one last hurrah (and sending Gift on his way with a ring) just like Beaver in '08, could be the difference between winning and losing it in the final wash-up.

With him roving on the right, Foz probing on the left, you free up Chez to run riot all over the joint.

Even 30 minutes of Gift's creativity and the boost he'd bring back to the team would be better than nothing, by far.

The Who said:
I had to stifle a chuckle when I read that Hasson was rested because he was suffering the effects of concussion. Why then did the club use him as a spokesperson for media interviews leading up to the match with George Illawarra? Who was not thinking straight?

Maybe that's why he said everything was fine at Manly. He was obviously concussed!*

*rothfool

Terrible idea to have him in NSW cup if fit like some people suggest

Doesn't have to play 80mins, but any time we have him on the field is a bonus because it makes Lyon so much more dangerous as well. He has been a bit quieter without Glenn setting him up

Kiwi Eagle said:
Terrible idea to have him in NSW cup if fit like some people suggest

Doesn't have to play 80mins, but any time we have him on the field is a bonus because it makes Lyon so much more dangerous as well. He has been a bit quieter without Glenn setting him up

Agree totally. With Gift in the side it puts the opposition in two minds whether he or Killer will get the ball. Just having Gift on that edge automatically gives Killer a fraction more room and time which makes all the difference.

Match fitness can not be simulated, especially coming off a broken ankle.
Gifty took 6 weeks, coming off a lower leg strain last year, to get back to form last year.
He was unsighted in the GF too with that freak first tackle injury :s

Having a couple of games in reserves would get his aerobic fitness up.

Assuming we get our plan A backrow of Stewart, Watmough and Horo together that leaves Buhrer, Symonds, Lui, King and JSL tussling for a bench spot (assuming that's the pecking order above Hasson and Andrews).
Who would drop out? I'd probably say Lui even though he has been pretty consistent.

HappilyManly said:
Match fitness can not be simulated, especially coming off a broken ankle.
Gifty took 6 weeks, coming off a lower leg strain last year, to get back to form last year.
He was unsighted in the GF too with that freak first tackle injury :s

Having a couple of games in reserves would get his aerobic fitness up.

No no no no no...lol!

Even if the sensitivities of the group are half as tender as reported, making Gift run around in reggies would be a disaster!

The way our little master often preserves the 17th player, as long as Gift can get through about 30 (15 mins each half) the psychological boost would be immeasurable too.

If I dare to daydream a bit, it's that scenario...maybe not 40-0 (with Beaver) but a GF win to send Gift off as the champion he is.

And put the perfect exclamation point on this playing group once and forever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7