Glenn Stewart Released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When did people stop supporting and backing our true champion? Jeez we can turn on one of our own.
If you are talking about Gifty, it's a fact, the Rabbits knew it as well, not up to the rigours of the NRL ( sadly ) and I've never said a bad word about Gifty, absolute champion , was shafted and never said a bad word about the club and the time, I have the utmost in respect for him. If you are talking about Snake ( which I assume you are ), if you think our " true champion " was putting in any better tan about 10% for the games he played this year then you are deluded my good friend. As I said during the course of the year IF it was injury, he , and the club should have said so, get the injury fixed and come back good again or retire if it wasn't fixable. However, I , and many others think it was mental, he looked for all money like he didn't want to be there, not even trying, in fact not even trying at all!! I don't doubt his past endeavours and he's provided us with some of the most captivating memories of the modern era BUT if he didn't want to be there a " true champion" would have stood down and said " I'm not up for this any more", not sulked in the corner like some 3 year old. Sorry buddy but on this one we'll have to disagree !!

Amazing how half a bad season for a club legend... and the fans turn on him so easily. Poor form. Then fans expect loyalty from players? He deserves to end his career here. I hope Gifty comes back so Brett stays. Turbo isnt ready at fullback yet. His defence is awful. Needs time still. Brett was playing injured. If its Brett or Trent. Id happily get rid of Trent.

Anyone who thinks having Glenn back for a year @ Manly would be a good thing is seriously deluded. He is past it - end of story. If he came back in an off field capacity then fine but to risk losing the likes of the Turbo brothers to sign a player well past his best would be pure insanity.

Anyone who thinks having Glenn back for a year @ Manly would be a good thing is seriously deluded. He is past it - end of story. If he came back in an off field capacity then fine but to risk losing the likes of the Turbo brothers to sign a player well past his best would be pure insanity.
Fair enough

Bring him back, perhaps this is the signing that bozo said us manly fans would be excited and happy about... It really would be nice and at the way he went this year, well he could have more than just one season in him!

It would help our other forwards develop and I'd expect if he did come back that he'd play second row pushing Buhrer back to the bench.

Imagine this...
11. Marty Tapau
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Jake Trbojevic

We would be unstoppable!

Glenn has the experience for one more season if he can aim up physically. A little bit like signing Terry Hill back in 2005. Would give maturity to the forwards. Could it happen though...doubt it.

s'funny how some people age and can't play at 22....yet others seem to be blessed with being game breaking champions no matter how old they are. (according to some type of weird physics that goes on in here.)

Nothing against glenn but it seems like any other 32 year old esl signing would make this place melt down.

Politeness has made me re-do this post about 8 times.

s'funny how some people age and can't play at 22....yet others seem to be blessed with being game breaking champions no matter how old they are. (according to some type of weird physics that goes on in here.)

Nothing against glenn but it seems like any other 32 year old esl signing would make this place melt down.

Politeness has made me re-do this post about 8 times.
Happily, some of the young folk on here are yet to experience the physical inevitability that comes with ageing!

I'd have him back on a very cheap contract, just for next year, if Brett isn't leaving. It might see him actually put in.

Happily, some of the young folk on here are yet to experience the physical inevitability that comes with ageing!
Yeah it is true. I surf regularly, and a noticeable change occurred 2 years ago when I turned 45. A slight degeneration of back, stomach muscles, thighs tipped the balance, and now I feel like a kook struggling to stand up on take-off. Once I'm up I'm ok.

I'd have him back on a very cheap contract, just for next year, if Brett isn't leaving. It might see him actually put in.
I agree: but the NRL would invoke the "Israel Folau" clause, forcing the club to pay what it considers to be a "fair contract" for an ex-international and SOO forward. They'd want a minimum $700k contract which is massive overs for him now, and I sadly doubt he'd provide value for THAT kind of coin.

It would be great to see Gifty back at Manly for a swansong though!

Sorry but why do we have to sign Gifty for Brett to finally put in? What a childish thing to do, only play if your brother is in the side. He can either play at his best and bring something to the team or he can go to Blacktown everyday. I'm fine with him having his 700k if it means this team can move on as a unit.

If you are talking about Gifty, it's a fact, the Rabbits knew it as well, not up to the rigours of the NRL ( sadly ) and I've never said a bad word about Gifty, absolute champion , was shafted and never said a bad word about the club and the time, I have the utmost in respect for him. If you are talking about Snake ( which I assume you are ), if you think our " true champion " was putting in any better tan about 10% for the games he played this year then you are deluded my good friend. As I said during the course of the year IF it was injury, he , and the club should have said so, get the injury fixed and come back good again or retire if it wasn't fixable. However, I , and many others think it was mental, he looked for all money like he didn't want to be there, not even trying, in fact not even trying at all!! I don't doubt his past endeavours and he's provided us with some of the most captivating memories of the modern era BUT if he didn't want to be there a " true champion" would have stood down and said " I'm not up for this any more", not sulked in the corner like some 3 year old. Sorry buddy but on this one we'll have to disagree !!

Fair enough mate. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to our past players (mostly). I do have a tendency to defend them to the hilt. I just can't bring myself to think Brett would give anything but 100%.

That said, "something" was wrong to be sure, but for mine, it was that he had a knee "cleaned out" yet was back there playing weeks after - yuck. I'd be a dead set cripple.

I understand where you're coming from (and others) though. I will only ever hold that man on a pedestal - these guys playing footy over the past half a decade got me through some pretty rough times in life.

That's why footy is more than just that (for me). It's a release. It's entertainment, and something to get your mind off the tougher things that hit you sometimes. Brett had a part in that, so he'll have my support until the day he kicks the bucket.

I would love to see Glenn back. After all he never said anything publicly about Manly after he was forced to leave, not like Watmough and Foran. It would be great to have one last season with our champs- Skivvy, Brett and Glenn. Wouldn't it be lovely if they could contribute one last season to a great season next year and help our young players in the process.
Spot on! I'm with @mbe and @Mark from Brisbane and would love to see Glenn back and playing with Brett and Skivvy next year. By then he'll be 33 and I'd like to think there's still some good footy left in him.
He left Manly against his will but never said a bad word about it - he has too much class for that. My only reservation would be his relationship with DCE but I'm not deluded and would happily welcome him back :nod:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6