[Resurrected] Glen Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And very deserving of it.
wonder what the gift is doing now days. top fella so i hope he's enjoying retirement.

he's on bloke out of that 2007-2014 squad who would be a potential coach he understood the game that well.

i would say out side of his brother he was our most important player of that era.

Glenn Stewart will be elected as a life member of the MWRLFC this year!

I'm assuming that the vote will pass the members unanimously.
Very deserving life member is the man they call Gifty

Gifted with natural ability and great character

Great Manly contribution

He could make a break and create a try as well as being tough enough to crack ribs as well

Tough and skillful and a great role model

Perfect candidate for life membership

The great Gifty and The leader of the Manly pack
always in the thick of things

images

I'm not ashamed to say that it brought a tear to my eyes if only we could bring back Skivvy :praying::praying::praying:
Sadly, we see very little of Steve these days, not even the celebratory anniversary dates of our two GF wins in 08 and 11 that are regularly attended at Brookie by the Golden Eagles is not enough to entice him back for his well deserved lap of honour.

wonder what the gift is doing now days. top fella so i hope he's enjoying retirement.

he's on bloke out of that 2007-2014 squad who would be a potential coach he understood the game that well.

i would say out side of his brother he was our most important player of that era.
Exactly Cameron, mentioned this in a post yesterday, imagine Gifty doing specialized coaching of our squad and jnrs. My mind goes back to that outrageous little grubber inside are 30m line and to see this genius play rewarded with a DCE try at the end of it. You can't coach this sort of stuff.

Sadly, we see very little of Steve these days, not even the celebratory anniversary dates of our two GF wins in 08 and 11 that are regularly attended at Brookie by the Golden Eagles is not enough to entice him back for his well deserved lap of honour.
When I miss Steve one of greatest Manly centres I watch this

Watch this and feel better feathered friend

Very deserving life member is the man they call Gifty

Gifted with natural ability and great character

Great Manly contribution

He could make a break and create a try as well as being tough enough to crack ribs as well

Tough and skillful and a great role model

Perfect candidate for life membership

The great Gifty and The leader of the Manly pack
always in the thick of things

images
I was there that night, middle of the hill, just talking about it now, gives me goose bumps and chills up my spine. The atmosphere was electric, what I like about league, it's so tribal...

I was there that night, middle of the hill, just talking about it now, gives me goose bumps and chills up my spine. The atmosphere was electric, what I like about league, it's so tribal...
Yes feathered friend I agree with your passionate views

Nothing comes close to the electric hair raising atmosphere of watching our Manly Sea eagles Live and Lively on our Spiritual home ground

And if you dont have hair like me the hair under your armpits raises instead

I heard he runs a very successful rubbish removal business in Wollongong

Exactly Cameron, mentioned this in a post yesterday, imagine Gifty doing specialized coaching of our squad and jnrs. My mind goes back to that outrageous little grubber inside are 30m line and to see this genius play rewarded with a DCE try at the end of it. You can't coach this sort of stuff.
Successfully running his own business and works just as hard as he did on the field making it a success.
Think we are limited to guest appearances at brooky and select functions
Not manly better than Gifty

In this week's Northern Beaches Review, Adam Lucius writes:

"Present for Gift
Time heals all wounds - even in the often unforgiving world of rugby league.
Later this month former Manly backrower Glenn Stewart will join brother Brett and a host of ex-teammates as a life member of the Sea Eagles, seven years after an acrimonious split from the club. 'Gift' was forced out of Brookvale at the end of the 2014 season due to salary cap restraints in a move that did not go down well with fellow players or fans.
After 185 games for Manly, Stewart joined South Sydney for a season before finishing his stellar career in the UK. He has slowly returned to the Sea Eagles' fold, helping out in ambassadorial and junior development roles.
Club chairman Cliff Lyons had the pleasure of ringing Glenn to inform him of his life membership nomination. "He was over the moon and really honoured by it," Cliffy told us. "It's tremendous he will now join all those great players from such a successful era in the club's history."

And so say all of us - well deserved, Gifty!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4