Give the bloke a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks Wheel. I am ageing even quicker after these 5 rounds. A win at the graveyard tomorrow night would do a lot for these old bones.

Looks the whole joint needs to be united. Honestly this season may be last for couple to play finals footy.
Joe Kelly seemed ok to me in interview not the goose we all perceive.
Problem is he has walked into a imploding playing group, management and coach. We need to invest in our youth the trobjevic boys, Clint gutherson, Liam knight, Addison demtriou, Rhys Armstrong.
Both the young halfs in 20s need to be developed, I don't have great faith in nsw cup are we allowed to put the qld or even lower tier uk.
Our forwards need a complete rehash
* cut horo, Hasson, ****ing Blair.
* up front starling and lawerence need to be put on notice.
* jsl is crap don't care what anyone says he rubbish.
* mason may need to stick around for another if no veterans come on market.
* littlejohn deserves a shot with elgey (if signed).

Agree with all what you have said Winnyason except not sure about Mason going around for another season.

Agree with all what you have said Winnyason except not sure about Mason going around for another season.
Me neither but not sure about what else we have, Lawrence back is worry and starling is no leader. I believe we should invest in littlejohn he was a toyota cup star give him a season to see if he up to it.

1. What the Penns/Kellys do is, realistically, out of our control
2. We had a seriously ageing squad, needing renewal
3. The money we would have needed to keep DCE/Foz would likely leave us little for the grunt men.
4. We won premierships with top quality grunt men.
5. We have never won premierships without top quality grunt men.
6. The fat lady hasn't sung yet on the signing front.

Don't slash any wrists just yet.

1. What the Penns/Kellys do is, realistically, out of our control
2. We had a seriously ageing squad, needing renewal
3. The money we would have needed to keep DCE/Foz would likely leave us little for the grunt men.
4. We won premierships with top quality grunt men.
5. We have never won premierships without top quality grunt men.
6. The fat lady hasn't sung yet on the signing front.

Don't slash any wrists just yet.

You must however agree, from the list still available, that the fat lady is warming up!!

I expect we will be like Canberra has been recently , unable to spend our cap.

We have to have faith in our recruitment and management team, as hard as it is to do so, we need to be patient .

But it could well be a very long 2-3 years ahead of us .

Mark you are always able to spend your cap
I.e they may choose to front load the turbo kids contracts (I remember when bk joined he was paid out of the previous years cap as we had not spent it)

Appreciate I cut your post there, but DCE was invested at one point. There was a rumour he was pissed off because he was not (as Australian/Origin player) considered a member of the leadership group.

I always wondered who was in that group, and as the team started to disintegrate, what that group did.

But...I've never read a single article confirming the make up of it.

@psau14 you could be right about DCE's level of investment, I thought he looked like he was on board. I did have high hopes he would stay, as I think he is someone who could become a really great player if he matures into his craft from a mental toughness perpsective. I think he has the full arsenal of physical skills for sure. But whatever transpired at Manly has seen him decide his future is elsewhere.

I will say that "leadership" isn't just a reflection of your representative status, there's a lot more to it than that. If DCE thought he deserved membership of the leadership group purely because he'd played Origin and Aust then maybe that's exactly why he wasn't considered for the role. You earn that sort of position within the playing group, you just don't become entitled to it because of number of games played or representative honours.

Lets hope we do get back to the top soon. The Penn family have got to get the next bit right and its good to see that they are using some good methods to spot junior talent. The club needs a lift and hopefully we can sign some players who will do their best to fill in the gaps as wide as they appear to be. The Manly spirit will always sustain the club and right now as painful as it is to watch we need to have faith in that. I hope it starts with a big win tomorrow and we can start building our season.

I did say " trying".

It's just that I doubt we can get much worse and I'm now expecting not to win a game for some time so I guess I'm trying to be impervious to it all.

If we get done by 30,40 or even 50 tomorrow night my approach will be just to avoid the forum for a few days .

It's not doing my enjoyment of the game in general to get caught up
In the hysteria, so if that happens a short holiday will be in order .
It wont happen tomorrow lol you are safe for another week--- the wet weather and night football should help us out.

This day of reckoning re our roster was coming.The longer our glory days went the harder the fall when it came to an end.10 years of semis is almost a miracle in modern league.It has come with a lot more controversy and distress than we wanted but we need a solid plan going forward. I said it many times last year and this year that both the halves would go (Foran was always going)after the hissy fit by Foran and co over the Gift issue.They have both gone for very different reasons and it wouldn't have mattered who was running the show,Perry or Kelly, after that ****fight,so endlessly playing the blame game over the issue is a waste of time.Even if there was a f...ck up by either management group they are gone.Move on.

Judging the new bloke on 4 months work in a tricky situation is using the same logic as those bagging Elgey after 2 games.We have some great talent coming through that is ready now- Gutherson,The Trobjevic Boys, Sao looks good and the recruiting for the 20s looks fantastic.Kent also mentioned on 360 we are the first club this year to reallly look hard at GPS schools for recruitment and Bozo has started work in the junior area as well.Also don't forget the bloke who has done a great job over the decade recruiting is still there and for the first time in a few years he has money to spend.Have some faith in a guy like that who has a lot of runs on the board.

I have a gut feeling that there is a plan in place and after some pain we will see it.I am at least willing to give these guys a chance.4 months is simply no time frame to judge on.The main issue we need to sort quickly is the coaching issue either way.That issue if not sorted can be the cancer that derails us.Kelly may be a dud but he needs a chance to put his ideas into place before being lynched.
Thank God you are giving them a chance-now I can go to bed content.
Fair dinkum Susan, your posts are always well rehearsed, but the fact is everything in that post has been done to death in many other threads. You have many duplicate threads saying the same thing.
FACT: We are going through change-get on board and be positive and enjoy the trepidation that comes with it all. Manly will right it's course and so shall we all be fulfilled once again. That's why we love this club.

@psau14 you could be right about DCE's level of investment, I thought he looked like he was on board. I did have high hopes he would stay, as I think he is someone who could become a really great player if he matures into his craft from a mental toughness perpsective. I think he has the full arsenal of physical skills for sure. But whatever transpired at Manly has seen him decide his future is elsewhere.

I will say that "leadership" isn't just a reflection of your representative status, there's a lot more to it than that. If DCE thought he deserved membership of the leadership group purely because he'd played Origin and Aust then maybe that's exactly why he wasn't considered for the role. You earn that sort of position within the playing group, you just don't become entitled to it because of number of games played or representative honours.
Reading the interview I am not sure that DCE's manager was being completely honest with either party.

The fact that he cant produce this "offer" that Manly had Tabled is pretty telling

BTW - I also think we get up tomorrow. A lot of talk that they have recognised the effort was not there and will lift tomorrow. You can get $2.85 head to head - get on board!

We are paying $4 with Centrebet just to make the 8.
We will slowly start to get players back.
Tomorrow night should tell us more about the team's attitude to all the criticism.

$4 was good enough for me.

:mad::mad:@:(I find it hard to chill when we are $2.80 against the chocolate soldiers and $4.00 just to make the eight.
I think the bookies know that our halves have dropped their bundles after watching last weeks game. They are both avoiding to get hurt before commencing their big $$$ contracts next year.
I'm staying on the boil until I see otherwise.
NYEagle

$2.80 are good odds for a 2 horse race, get on!

Reading the interview I am not sure that DCE's manager was being completely honest with either party.

The fact that he cant produce this "offer" that Manly had Tabled is pretty telling

That could be subterfuge from both parties, Dan. Even if true, it doesn't serve his purpose to make Manly look bad. The DCE deal is done.

Might have mentioned Kelly once before at most Wombat.Happy to be proven wrong as you are no doubt going to show me all these threads harping on about Penn and Kelly.
Good luck because they don't exist.

Dont know what is negative about it iether,was actually pointing out some positives amidst the hand wringing over his performance..Dont know Kelly and I'm simply stating the obvious that you don't sack a bloke after 4 months in a tough situation.

Hit the ignore button if my posts are offensive to you.It is that easy.No one forces you to read them.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8