Gift's disallowed try?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Just interested to hear your thoughts on Gift's disallowed try. I thought it looked o.k. through my maroon and white coloured glasses? :)

Hmm o.k. if it was a no try then I suppose maybe, it was fair that it was disallowed, :blush: thanks for clearing that up...! :)

(Maybe the lenses in my maroon and white coloured glasses are just getting thicker as I get older, lol....!)

No try.

The best way to judge them is this.

Pretend it's Grand Final day and Manly are ahead by 3 with 1 minute to go and replace the Manly player, in this case Glenn, with Billy Slater.

See I told you it was no try.

bob dylan said:
No try.

Pretend it's Grand Final day and Manly are ahead by 3 with 1 minute to go and replace the Manly player, in this case Glenn, with Billy Slater.

If applying that to all our tries last night I have a problem with all of them now ;)

I thought the video refs got all the calls right. Amazing, I know.
However, it was the on-field pinkies who continually stuffed up. They kept calling Canberra players back to the 10-metre mark, yet never penalised them. The pinkies are there to enforce the rules, not give coaching tips.
I watched the two Friday night matches and the refereeing has, unfortunately, slipped back to 2012 standard after showing a marked improvement in the early rounds of 2013.

bob dylan said:
No try.

Billy would have kicked the defending players in the head and put the ball down. Try.

If the ref on the field went with try , then i think there wasnt enough evidence to deny him , but the fact that the ref went with no try on the field , fair decision from the video ref...

but i swear it looked like he just got it down on first ground impact , then turned over !!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6