Gift to Front row?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think I'll let 2V pick the team & coach them this week. That's what he's paid for & I've got no idea.

tLrBbwa.gif

I agree with KE. IF anyone is going to move up to the front row Choc would be the logical answer.

I also don't think you can compare Gift and Nood. Two totally different players.

Glen has lost that spring to slide outside his man causing his recent cross field running. He could skip outside his man, straighten through the line & play through it. To put it simply he needs to shed some kegs & gain match fitness & this will happen by crunch time 2013.
For now its frustrating & I do agree that Symonds direct hole running, angles & inside cuts were far more effective than G . Stewarts past 3 games, however, by finals the real gift will be back.
Whats hard to watch at the moment is no quality ball to Lyon, due to lack of go foward to create space on our right hand side. This is where we crave that EXTRA front rower atm. Can see a method to the madness but not the best answer to throw 1 of the best locks in the world to front row.

We are not getting a roll on down the middle as we've been accustomed to, therefore not getting the extra room on the edges.

We're going side to side and look ordinary doing so. Unfortunately with so many injuries to our forwards can't see it changing in the near future. Need Symonds and Richie back or someone from lower grades to surprise.

A mid season signing would be nice. Starling perhaps??

I don't think Glen should be a front rower.
Not his natural game and he would struggle even more than what his is.
He will come good.
Symonds is more suited for F/row. He is bigger than king and can step.
Over the next two years we will see the end of a fantastic era with the Stewart's form coming to an end. That's just the way things are.
If it wasn't the case we still would be yelling EEGGOORR from the hill.

the mauler said:
We are not getting a roll on down the middle as we've been accustomed to, therefore not getting the extra room on the edges.

We're going side to side and look ordinary doing so. Unfortunately with so many injuries to our forwards can't see it changing in the near future.

Yeah, that's exactly why I posted, Mauler.

And I appreciate the "no wayers", but 2 things:

1. He's a GREAT player, and I'm confident he could adapt especially to help the team eg: (Gallen/Thaiday/Joe). He can run straight and is an excellent 1 on 1 defender.

2. Situation: 3 x top grade props is a MASSIVE loss.

After seeing tom play right side and can play 80mins, I think this is a real option to benefit the team over the next month.

Gift in Front row against Melbourne Scum....bring it on!.

But that's the point, Gallen, Thaiday and Joe didn't really need to adapt as their game is not too dissimilar from a prop.

Stewart has a completely different game with completely different strengths.

My tongue is only half in cheek when I say Taufua and Matai would make better props then gift

Disco said:
But that's the point, Gallen, Thaiday and Joe didn't really need to adapt as their game is not too dissimilar from a prop.

Stewart has a completely different game with completely different strengths.

This is the main point -
Gift does not play direct but lateral.
Gift has never, nor should play in the combat zone (5 metres either side of the ruck - his best is from the fringe, right edge.
Gift is very different in playing style to Gallen/Thaiday
Tbh I think this issue would be easier resolved if big George gets fitter or Sao was given a shot.
When we win a couple of games again this will quickly be forgotten, the desperation for change is all too quick imo.

I raised this question inadvertently in my incredibly popular thread titled "Nood". After more careful consideration, I can see why no one responded. Joe is irreplaceable, particularly by Glenn. Glenn could not fill the role of front row as Joe or Gallen can.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2