Gift to Front row?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
CONTEXT:
1. We have now just lost King/Joe/Richie (all excellent first grade front rowers) for the best part of the season.
2. Gift has returned from injury, looking heavier & slower.

PROBLEM:
1. Our structure compromised - no go forward up the middle providing space for backs. Need Experienced prop/s.

ARGUMENT:
1. Our right side looked awesome and uncomplicated while Gift was injured with T-Red out there for 80mins. Defended well and ran great lines.
2. Killer/Cherry were playing much straighter with Tom running those lines similar to Horo. Gift has seemed to complicate this.

CONCLUSION:
1. Gift as bench prop. Base game on Gallen when he is put in front row. No mistakes, straight running, high tackle count.
2. Tom back to right back row

Bench: Gift/Rose/Gower/Buhrer.

Thoughts?

Rose to start to get him match fit.

Buhrer off, as he is too small and adds nothing to our ball playing.:(

Lets get Hasson onto the bench again and Tommy into the pack :angel:

I do not have the analytical footy brain like a lot of the other footy heads on here evo, but I can see where you are going with this, and I think it has merit.

Just not sure that Gift will agree with you though. ;)

Joe Gulavao made a good fist of it. With Chee Kam coming through we will have plenty of back rowers in Choc Horo symonds Buherer . Yes for me. 60 quality mins from Gift at prop plus he can always fill in the back row if we get a lot of healthy props.

He will get better each week.He has enormous skill level and a big motor when fit.My gripe is not with Glen,its how we intend to use him.The modern NRL coaches work out ways to counter sides strengths pretty quick these days and they have definitely worked out our right side.

Give gift a roving role and play real tight footy with our other backrowers running tight lines off the halves and then BASH them when they have the ball.That is what we do best and that can win big games. We are quite frankly an ordinary attacking side in the entertainment sense,particularly now that Brett has dropped a little due to injury.

I cant believe how many highly talented players get pidgeon holed on one side of the field.It is such a waste of talent.In defence fine,it defies logic in attack.All teams seem to do it so there must be something in it but this old lady cant work it out.

In the early weeks we saw Foz working both sides(particularly against the broncos) and for some reason it has just disappeared.Same with SBW.He was roving but now seems confined to the right side.

I thought this thread was going to be about Glenn Stewart going to watch a boxing match.

Definitely this is worth trying.

He has been brought back to quickly. This could be seen as remdial action, until fully fit. Bench Front rower. If it works, in the current injury situation, it may well extend the "Stewart Bros Era".

He is one of the top 5 back rowers in the game. He belongs in the back row. He'll be back to his best sooner rather than later.

bones said:
He is one of the top 5 back rowers in the game. He belongs in the back row. He'll be back to his best sooner rather than later.

I agree that he belongs in the back row but do the circumstances of our injuries and Richard suspension force our hand somewhat? Remember when king got injured in 2011 and Joe moved up and was one of our best.

Gift at prop is ridiculous.

He would offer less at prop than Sao because he is a ball playing backrower

Comparisons with Gallen and Joe don't work, they are completely different types of players

A better comparison would be putting Bird, Graham, Lewis, Gillett or Harrison in the front row

No no no no no........people already are complaining that Gift has been crabbing sideways too much, there is no way a prop can get away with that. Gift is one of the best backrowers and belongs on the right edge. He will come good, just give him a few more games.

Of all of the terrible ideas on all of the terrible forums, this is the worst.

Cuthbo to the wing before Gift to the front row.

Wolfpack said:
Of all of the terrible ideas on all of the terrible forums, this is the worst.

Cuthbo to the wing before Gift to the front row.

When did we sign Cuthbo???

But back to the OT, I don't know about moving him to prop, but maybe swapping him with Choc could be worthwhile. Have Gift playing tight and Choc running with a bit more room out wide. With Gift's ability to offload, I could see him striking up a good combo with Snake in the middle of the park.

I don't totally disagree in that he doesn't look fit enough or in good enough form to be playing us usual role. But i don't think front row is the answer.

Maybe he could come off the bench and run straighter lines at the back end of each half until completely fit and ready to go but i'll let the coach decide what's best for the team. Technical Coach/Tooves?

He's only 3 kg lighter than Aidan Tolman. Maybe closer to equal at the moment.

I couldn't see him playing in the front row - even to a role similiar to Gallen's.
He just needs to run straight occasionally, even though he's been doing the sideways thing for years, a bit of hard running like T Red and Horo do wouldn't hurt.
In that saying when he gets some match fitness under his belt he'll pick up the form we're used to.

No need to go down the route of moving anyone up to the front row

If anyone was to play that role, it would be Choc as he plays centre of the field anyway

I'm sure we will find that this actually happened at some stage last monday night as well, Horo, Choc and Glenn were all still on the park when Buhrer appeared some somebody would have pushed up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4