Gidley the grub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Not only did Gidley lose the game for NSW last night, I saw him get off a guy using his fist in the face of said tackled guy as one would use a hand.  His foot out in the in-goal was under 12 stuff.  and the knock on?, just stupid.  He's just not up to SOO standard.  Queensland whitwash if he's there. 

He's a media darling so they'll keep defending him. The tele rated him at 8/10.

Why do the media have to have a Knights player they love? Bederus played two too many origin series as well - due to the media being in love with him.

He is no captain and not the best Fullback. Brett Stewart is twice the fullback Gidley is. Hayne is better than Gidley in fullback as well

Dan link said:
He is no captain and not the best Fullback. Brett Stewart is twice the fullback Gidley is. Hayne is better than Gidley in fullback as well

That's what I was thinking, If Stewart wasn't injured who would have been captain?

Central Coast Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180610.msg226074#msg226074 date=1244068303]

That's what I was thinking, If Stewart wasn't injured who would have been captain?
[/quote]

Yeah we had the same conversation here last night. My pick would probably be Bailey, he has been there longest. Other than that I would have put it on the shoulders of either Campese or Wallace. At least it would have made one of them lead

DSM5 link said:
Not only did Gidley lose the game for NSW last night, I saw him get off a guy using his fist in the face of said tackled guy as one would use a hand.  His foot out in the in-goal was under 12 stuff.  and the knock on?, just stupid.  He's just not up to SOO standard.  Queensland whitwash if he's there. 

I thought you hated Origin mate ? You have plenty of comments on it

I do, but I can comment on the game if I want Kiwi.  It's part of the great Australian tradition.  Ryan would have Orford as half and Gidley as 5/8th.  Not only did Gidley look stupid in the last five minutes or so, he couldn't defend Inglis's second try when a good covering tackle would have saved his try.  What is it with you Ryan?  Why do you defend mediocrity?   

Jatz Crackers link said:
bellamy is to blame. 

I agree to an extent. I don't think he is the great coach they make him out to be. His game plan of running out of dummy half continually was a major factor in us losing. Benny Elias was on the radio tonight and said it is the exact game plan the storm used in the grand final and everybody knows what happened there. With the back line the blues have got why the F wouldn't you use them.

As for the bench, why did he leave Wing sitting on his ass for 50 odd minutes (shades of Stewart last year) then when he brings him on he takes Farrah off. Farrah was having a decent game and is an 80min player plus the combination of Farrah, Wallace and wing worked well for city.

But at the end of the day they didn't do the little things aswell as Q'land.

Yeah Kiwi, I know that,  but Gidley didn't even come close.  And have you got a comment on just how does Inglis runs so slowly but still gets around faster men?  It's weird.  He seems to just lope along.    Just a comment on Jamie.  He seemed to get bagged in the press over here.  But I thought his defensive work was terrific.  He had to think and do the work for three, which is a bit unfair.  I wonder if they'll bring Cooper in to defend  and leave Jennings out.  Mullins for Wallace as well.  NSW have real problems with the selectors and coach.

Is just 1 of those deceptively quick guys probably DSM, the style is that good it looks effortless. Am trying to think of another example of that sort of runner, and Colin Best is the best I can find at the moment

I thought Lyon was good, without being a standout. I think people were probably expecting more in attack from him and that is where it has stemmed from, he didn't really set anything up last night for McManus like he has been for our wingers this season. I am not sure I am a big fan of his kick fetish at the moment either

Have to agree that Gidley should of made a better attempt at the tackle. Watching it live, he gave Inglis too much room, there was a point where he was chasing hard then gave Inglis an extra metre or 2 by veering away from him slightly. By the time he picked up his pace again, Inglis was gone.

As for Lyon, he was defensively sound and didn't see much ball in attack except for a few kicks late in the game. He showed he could get around Inglis but needed more opportunities. Obviously Jennings was seen as the better option in attack against Hunt/Hodges.

Gidley was getting to involved. Thats why he made such simple errors later in the game.

Gidley to no 6 would be better, Hayne to fullback and wolfman at wing

DVS Matt link said:
Have to agree that Gidley should of made a better attempt at the tackle. Watching it live, he gave Inglis too much room, there was a point where he was chasing hard then gave Inglis an extra metre or 2 by veering away from him slightly. By the time he picked up his pace again, Inglis was gone...
It appears that way, and believe me I would like to rubbish Gidley, however I think that is the unique ability of Inglis. His legs are pretty long, he seems to skip to the left without breaking stride and suddenly he is out of reach and going further away with his pace. Credit where credit is due. Who was supposed to be helping Lyon on that side? Next time they need to pummel Inglis early with serious gang tackles, he has been known to lose interest at times and that may diminish his enthusiasm.

His 2 tries could have been the difference.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6