Getting Back On Track

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the grit and determination was on show mainly because the Warriors played so poorly and kept Manly interested, only required one more quick succession try from the Warriors and i doubt the grit would of been on show.
If Jake scored one or two trys what then?
We actually went close more than the warriors.

And we lost two players and only had two on the bench.

realistically what kind of performance could you expect from the team that took the field? On one hand you break down players Deficiency and then you sound disappointed that they weren't better?!?
Not a very technical approach in my opinion for one to demonstrate why players are not good enough and then to be disappointed in their performance.

The secret to happiness is to be easily pleased, i'm just not a "win to kickstart our season happy guy", or "a win that gets us off the spoon smiley type".

If we play exactly like that don't expect too many wins this year with the spoon still on offer. When i see more to be excited about I will smile about it and post the positives i see.
So your assuming other Manly fans are easily pleased just because there is excitement from getting a Win -- so often you throw darts that miss the board ...
The way I see it, the fans are happy the side aimed up and played with heart regardless of the win, to say it was not a perfect performance is fair enough, but being negative after 17 blokes give their all does not work for myself and I'm sure others would feel the same - this is rugby league and I'll take gritty over pretty anyday, so long as the players are giving 100% and the win is simply a deserved bonus.
Your deadset like the gringe, don't bother responding - I'll go right - you go left.....

So your assuming other Manly fans are easily pleased just because there is excitement from getting a Win -- so often you throw darts that miss the board ...
The way I see it, the fans are happy the side aimed up and played with heart regardless of the win, to say it was not a perfect performance is fair enough, but being negative after 17 blokes give their all does not work for myself and I'm sure others would feel the same - this is rugby league and I'll take gritty over pretty anyday, so long as the players are giving 100% and the win is simply a deserved bonus.
Your deadset like the gringe, don't bother responding - I'll go right - you go left.....
Maxta take it this way, Manly have been trying for the most part just not able to compete against the quality sides.

This same performance would of resulted in the same kind of defeats against the previous opposition.

realistically what kind of performance could you expect from the team that took the field? On one hand you break down players Deficiency and then you sound disappointed that they weren't better?!?
Not a very technical approach in my opinion for one to demonstrate why players are not good enough and then to be disappointed in their performance.
I'm more disappointed in our overall structures and how dated they look along with the make up of the squad, along with the decision process behind retaining Fainu.

Not having adequate hooker depth, not utilizing Foran in a way that could of added a point of difference to our attack during the offseason(not just more of the same of 2009-14) in a more central lock forward/hooker type role off the bench.(in some small way similar to a Cam Murray with less minutes which places major challenges and less options on our interchange rotation to a degree but there is always negatives to work around)

Yes Foran's body is broken and not up to it, but if he is signed you have to assume he is capable enough, if not that is asking for trouble in the modern fast game.

I've said for a long time now there is dead wood and over-rated players littered throughout, these results are not just as a result of a quicker game that everyone likes to suggest.

Take for example the use of Saab for the high cross kick attacking element, yes Manly have been behind the times in this regard but even now when we decide to use this option it is done in such an old school way without thought in the lead up plays to really set it up, along with kicking too far into the corner and a less dominant standing jump and tip backs.

Last edited:

Use the ignore - only thing that sums up his input

We will be better with Tommy back, Dylan off for some time due to his wedgie burns, and JetSki....with him anywhere but on the field.

We will be better. Better enough to beat the Titans... maybe a stretch, but let’s see.

NYEagle
Better because we are playing teams lower down on the table.

Take for example the use of Saab for the high cross kick attacking element, yes Manly have been behind the times in this regard but even now when we decide to use this option it is done in such an old school way without thought in the lead up plays to really set it up, along with kicking too far into the corner and a less dominant standing jump and tip backs.
I agree on this one, id actually (for attacking kicks) have Saab positioned at centre and the centre out wide to draw the opposing winger wide, then kick about 5 m wide of the posts for Saab. Like we used to for Jamie Lyon.
The kick from the scrum was good, option being a 40/20 off the same play and once teams catch on hit the centre coming back in (opposition winger drop back for kick) who draws the centre in and Saab now has space.

Maxta take it this way, Manly have been trying for the most part just not able to compete against the quality sides.

This same performance would of resulted in the same kind of defeats against the previous opposition.
I agree with a few points you make in relation to the quality sides simply a world apart from Manly and about 9 other sides - fair call.
Where I disagree- there were several moments the game was at breaking point and it was a different Manly at these key moments - not for a moment was it a fantastic performance, but there was more desperation and guts than I have seen shown for a while and that alone , won my respect.
In a nutshell- the Manly team we seen the first 4 rounds would have thrown the towel in at 12 - 6 and lost by 20.....this side gutsed it out and were rightly rewarded

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6