Getting Back On Track

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We weren't great but we hung in there and got the points.

We have looked a team with zero confidence and hopefully tonight just releases that pressure valve.

The boys seeing Tommy suit up will help that confidence too

For the first time, in a long time, we played with grit, passion, determination and some pride in our defensive line.

I will take that, despite how hard we make it for ourselves.
I think the grit and determination was on show mainly because the Warriors played so poorly and kept Manly interested, only required one more quick succession try from the Warriors and i doubt the grit would of been on show.

I understand what TC is saying in relation to how we handled the ball the no doubt the Warriors were flat tonight after a tough game against the Rorters.

The difference tonight was resilience. We finished the game 2 guys down we have a catalogue of players out too.

I think the word is perspective. I would love to see Manly play better and more perfect but after the last 13 games of total failure it was nice to see the team turn up, have a crack, hang in there and finish the game as strong as we started it.

Yes we were helped by their mistakes it was a scrappy game and just the game we needed after being smashed week in week out.

I will enjoy this win knowing that it is a drought breaker and it doesnt matter what the quality was tonight.

Its a hell of an improvement and if we play like this with ball control we can certainly challenge the teams we are to play in the next few weeks!

I think the grit and determination was on show mainly because the Warriors played so poorly and kept Manly interested, only required one more quick succession try from the Warriors and i doubt the grit would of been on show.
Your a deadset downer - NZ were tough and willing and would have got the win against 50% of the NRL sides....we gritted it out, gave a chance and got a gutsy win.
Was it pretty - No ...
But I'll take the win to kickstart our season

Your a deadset downer - NZ were tough and willing and would have got the win against 50% of the NRL sides....we gritted it out, gave a chance and got a gutsy win.
Was it pretty - No ...
But I'll take the win to kickstart our season
The secret to happiness is to be easily pleased, i'm just not a "win to kickstart our season happy guy", or "a win that gets us off the spoon smiley type".

If we play exactly like that don't expect too many wins this year with the spoon still on offer. When i see more to be excited about I will smile about it and post the positives i see.

Was it an ugly win, absolutely.

Did it matter how we won, absolutely not. This team were so down on confidence, this will do them wonders, particularly with only two on the bench majority of the second half.
Plus warriors had a very strong southerly at there backs and had 85% ball in the first 20 minutes of that second half.

If we had more ball in that opening 20 minutes of the second half we would of got them earlier.

A win is a win and that's fine by me.

For the first time, in a long time, we played with grit, passion, determination and some pride in our defensive line.

I will take that, despite how hard we make it for ourselves.
Same performance against the teams we played prior to today would be the same result, does that fill you with much enthusiasm?

Main positive for me was the exuberance of the entire squad once the field goal went over. Thinking Turbo (when he returns) will really enjoy trailing Paseka and Schuster. Been very impressed with these two players ability to pop up quality ball at the advantage line and can see Turbo really taking advantage of it. Unfortunately Turbo is the really only decent hole runner in our current squad. We are probably a strong attacking centre and a damaging second rower (a la Kikau) away from being a very competitive team (once and if we get both Tom and Manase back on deck). With some sharp recruitment next year it is not beyond the realms of possibility that old Dessie could make the eight in 2022 and get his extension. Let's just celebrate and enjoy any win in the interim.

Good to get the win but Warriors had more out than us

Screenshot_20210409-215452_Chrome.jpg

Add Walker to that list for us too

Screenshot_20210409-215559_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4