George Rose and Joe Galuvao

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
They were both awesome, it has been a blunder imo holding Rose back for so long

Kite, saw him really hit the line hard and bend it back around the 11min mark, and come in for some big hits. Thought then there might be some fire in his belly tonight but then it backed off

He came back, and had a blinder, so maybe holding him back had the exact desired affect? Different players are motivated by different things I guess.

I did have that thought as i typed it, but 3-4 weeks would have also had the desired effect i think. Tonight showed we have seen too much of Skinner and even maybe Lussick while holding him back

Gorgeous George & Smoking Joe were great tonight. Kite & Kingy had their moments as well.

Correct.
George and Joe brings plenty of go forward to the team.

Why Gorgeous George was banished to the lower grades escapes me.
Galuvao is nuggety and always make good progress with his strong runs.
Hope Mr Toovey will retain them going forward. No Pun intended.

Rose 2nd highest meters 141 superb effort. Buhrer 134m, Snake 194m, Ballin 53 tackles, Gift 41 tackles, Kite 34 tackles, Choc 112m 26 tackles it was a physically brutal game stamina wise. For the dogs Des again didn't use a 4th replacement Romelo no stats can't understand that in a game like this one.

When Rose and Joe were off (for Kite and King) and Vic was on in lieu of R&J, he was the one really running hard and straight. The others sometimes run too many angles for not enough yards. Vic plays a lot like Joe. I dig him. And as others have said - he's basically mistake free.

And how strong is Joe? Nearly getting over the line near the end, with about four of them hanging off him.

Big Georgie missed a pre season training session or 2 i heard.

Served his punishment.

Came out and put on a mammoth performance.

Geoff Toovey you're a genius!!

One game back in from a layoff and they both right from the get go & showed other forwards up. That is telling dont you think.

The challenge for Tooves is to find a rotation & rest plan that helps bring out that momentum & personal competiveness of all of the 4 big boppers.

Des had King & Kite as the lead ins for 99% of the time. Lets not fall into the same rut trap.

mickqld said:
Rose 2nd highest meters 141 superb effort. Buhrer 134m, Snake 194m, Ballin 53 tackles, Gift 41 tackles, Kite 34 tackles, Choc 112m 26 tackles it was a physically brutal game stamina wise. For the dogs Des again didn't use a 4th replacement Romelo no stats can't understand that in a game like this one.

de$ did use him-for the last few minutes of the game

You need an impact front rower on the bench every week and George is and has always been our man. He hit the line hard drawing in many defenders, had a couple of offloads (the most important one sealing the game) and was good in defence. And a big man with a step!!! He's quality, and he made it hard tonight for 2V not to pick him again.

They were both good tonight. It doesn't look like George has shed any weight. To be honest he actually seems to have gained several kilos.

He has always had that step though. I remember him scoring a great try in his first full season in first grade. I can't remember who it was against but he used that step to easily beat the fullback. I have missed that George and I hope he's back for good.

Haven't seen much of the 'twinkle toes approach' in recent times but it's great to know he still has it.

He did it more than once is early days with us. One of those occasions was a game at Gosford.

Won't there be room for both George and Lussick on the bench.

If we have a backrow of Gift Choc & Ferris we would have George, Vic Joe & Lussick on the bench, well at least until Rex returns.

Frank said:
They were both good tonight. It doesn't look like George has shed any weight. To be honest he actually seems to have gained several kilos.

He has always had that step though. I remember him scoring a great try in his first full season in first grade. I can't remember who it was against but he used that step to easily beat the fullback. I have missed that George and I hope he's back for good.

Pretty sure it was against the roosters in 2006

I think you're right Peter - at the Football Stadium on a Saturday night. But that wasn't the only time he's done that freakish stuff. Definitely pulled something off at Gosford once, against (maybe) the Tigers or Newcastle.

George cannot be left out after that performance. Its what won us the comp last year. He showed what we have been missing for weeks. King is struggling, im not gonna bag him but he really needs to get harder and faster. Unfortunately he's not getting any younger, but hopefully he will find his form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4