George Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Now that Marty has gone should we try to sign Burgess. He's a big unit and could give us big metres coming off the bench and he should come cheap. I know we've got a lot of front rowers but Paseka is the only other big unit, most of our other front rowers aren't that big. In my opinion we need a big hard running prop to get us some real go forward.

Paseka was looking good until he damaged his knee and I hope he gets back to that form but looks a bit gun shy at the moment. If he gets fully fit and confidence in his knee I predict he'll have a good 2023 barring injury.

We need mobile, robust, explosive, fast forwards. We need to break the mould of the lumbering power forward type we have in abundance - it doesn't work in today's game. You can only have two to three of those (and they need to be super aggressive and intimidating).

Today's game is more about the Liam Martin, Victor Radley, Cameron Murray types. Props like Spencer Leniu, James Fisher-Harris...leg speed and mobility.

We get run off our feet, because we have the slower J. Trbojevic, Sipley, Aloiai, Keppie, Paseka lumbering types. And none of those have the JWH or NAS mongrel / intimidation and aggression in them.

Now that Marty has gone should we try to sign Burgess. He's a big unit and could give us big metres coming off the bench and he should come cheap. I know we've got a lot of front rowers but Paseka is the only other big unit, most of our other front rowers aren't that big. In my opinion we need a big hard running prop to get us some real go forward.

Paseka was looking good until he damaged his knee and I hope he gets back to that form but looks a bit gun shy at the moment. If he gets fully fit and confidence in his knee I predict he'll have a good 2023 barring injury.
He's had a hip resurfaced, which means he had an arthritic hip and they lined the ball of his femur, and possibly his hip socket, with a Titanium and ceramic implant, really can't see how he can cope with the rigours of first grade football and training.

Struggled to make a spot in the Dragons! Hopefully we can do better

Burgess, on the other hand, has struggled to crack consistent playing time in first grade throughout the 2022 season after joining the club ahead of the campaign.

Alleged off-field issues marred Burgess in what could now be the final games of his NRL career. It's unclear at this time whether Burgess will aim to remain in the NRL or return to England.

He played just four games in the NRL with the Dragons after returning from what was thought to be a career-ending hip injury in England.

Manly lacks Brutality in the front row

What is this Brutality that we do not have in our placid pack

Savagery
Viciousness
barbarity
ferocity
ruthlessness

Can any one else think of any other Brutal quality to add to this ?

Manly lacks Brutality in the front row

What is this Brutality that we do not have in our placid pack

Savagery
Viciousness
barbarity
ferocity
ruthlessness

Can any one else think of any other Brutal quality to add to this ?
Intimidater
Leader
Domination
Destruction
Robust

But between us Bozo - I think it's covered

As for Burgess, enough sluggish ruck speed....3 years ago yes...2023 No

Most agree. Who would take jakes receiver and link man role. jakes role is pivitol to our attack. Its also why we suck in attack. He has too much presence in the front line probing instead of tearing in

I would love to see an emerging dynamic number 13 in our pack in 2023

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6