Geoff Toovey says ‘thank you’ in passionate letter to Manly fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still think he'd make a great replacement for Kelly. Is an Accountant. Knows the players. Knows the game. Knows the corporate world (NRMA).

Don't see it happening though while Zorba is around.

No chance, Aussie job as an interim and then hang up the coaching boots for the corporate world .

So how, in your way of thinking has any fan had a tangible affect on his ability to coach or get results, or are you just talking out of your ass again?

Now, attempt the answer the specific question with facts, not idiotic sentiments that avoid doing so.

I'll be waiting.

And @Chip and Chase , if what he said was funny, you need to get out more.
You are the most negative poster on this forum. I don't mind saying my stomach turns at the dribble you post on here. Sure your opinion doesn't affect the way Tooves coached. The massive injury toll, weak forward pack, and contract distractions was more than enough for him to cope with but you seemed to brush all that aside and apportion the blame on Tooves. To hear you now try to defend him reeks of hypocrisy.

And the name calling, me talking out of my ass and being a moron. Seriously.

Poo, bum, wee. Get that up you. @:p

Last edited:
What a legend! I started following rugby league quite late and unfortunately, never got the chance to watch him play but from what I've seen on YouTube, heard about him from others and seen of his attitude, he was one of the toughest and greatest to ever don the maroon and white. As a coach, say what you will about him but he has done the club proud and no one embodies the great Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles like he does.

You are the most negative poster on this forum. I don't mind saying my stomach turns at the dribble you post on here. Sure your opinion doesn't affect the way Tooves coached. The massive injury toll, weak forward pack, and contract distractions was more than enough for him to cope with but you seemed to brush all that aside and apportion the blame on Tooves. To hear you now try to defend him reeks of hypocrisy.

And the name calling, me talking out of my ass and being a moron. Seriously.

Poo, bum, wee. Get that up you. @:p

Get that up me? LOL. Your not even a challenge, kid.

I had a sense you were posting, as a green feces smelling gas started emitting from my phone. Diarrhea again I thought. Franks on.

I'd say that's why your stomach turns Frank. Your bowel movement passes freely from your brain thought's, straight through your mouth and fingers.

I'll dumb it down. I'm not defending Toovey. I'm suggesting the way he was publicly treated was unfair. I still think he lost the playing group (as others have said as well), and I still say his game plan (defensively especially), but with set plays, and in the opposition 20 left a whole lot to be desired.We were playing 2011 football in 2015.

Despite you saying we had a "weak forward pack" (oh positive one), I believe given right direction (speed of the play the ball / second phase play / metres after contact etc) they would have played much better. We dominated The Rabbits & Bronco's up the middle at the end, so again, I say your talking out of your ass, because there were times when our forwards actually dominated - when they felt like it.

I think I love Tooves more every time he speaks.
He can't be lost the Manly club.
Bloody legend.

You do recognise, @Ryan, that the slightest hint of criticism of what you say and your blood pressure apparently goes through the roof and reactive verbal abuse so easily spews out? On the other hand, when you're in a positive mood, you're amongst the most "up" on the forum. It's like you're bipolar (not saying you are).

It can be entertaining drama, but it mustn't be doing your body, or peace of mind, a whole lot of good if you are really taking this all so seriously. Everything written here (including this posting) is all small stuff you know. And we are all on the same team.

What a guy! I say he can get busy using his accountancy skills to amass a small fortune somehow and return to purchase the MWSE club in a few years.

Hold your head high as you always have Toovey!

You do recognise, @Ryan, that the slightest hint of criticism of what you say and your blood pressure apparently goes through the roof and reactive verbal abuse so easily spews out? On the other hand, when you're in a positive mood, you're amongst the most "up" on the forum. It's like you're bipolar (not saying you are).

It can be entertaining drama, but it mustn't be doing your body, or peace of mind, a whole lot of good if you are really taking this all so seriously. Everything written here (including this posting) is all small stuff you know. And we are all on the same team.

Thanks for your input Rex. Valuable as ever.

+ Criticise an opinion, sure - don't play the man.
+ If you play the man - you should expect a response.

See this thread. Frank had a niggle, I responded.

I will always be upbeat (even if I'm criticising a player / coach / management). If someone respectfully disagrees, you'll find the civility & discussion is fine.

It's very simple.

On the flipside, make a smart arse comment (such as suggesting someone is bipolar because they respond to idiocy), you'll get abruptly shut down - simple as that. If you think that's bipolar, then so be it.

If you throw stones Rex, expect to have them thrown back. No-one is going to be Frank / Your / Anyone elses dart board. If you can't handle the reaction - want a tip - try showing some respect. You won;t get that respect niglling people. That's why I wish the emoticons are gone - they detract from people actually having to make a comment, but can hide behind a "funny" emoticon as though the tongue is stuck out.

People need to focus on the footy, not the poster. The fact that you have jumped on me, after Frank made the original jibe in this thread, shows how factionalised you are....and it's embarrassing.

I did expect it likely you would misinterpret where I was coming from Ryan. But then sometimes, you do surprise me, so I gave it a shot.

I did expect it likely you would misinterpret where I was coming from Ryan. But then sometimes, you do surprise me, so I gave it a shot.

Likewise, if you don't get that in the big bad world, you generally get what you give, then there is no hope of trying. Your misguided here.

You should be telling (using this thread as one example) Frank and Chip & Chase that it would be better to chase the topic, rather than a poster, so we don't have to go over this garbage again, and again, and again - because like you profess, we all ARE on the same team.

Wonder.....if Frank had a dig at you, then you replied, then I jumped on board to get a jab in as well, if you'd think it was all good? I am dumbfounded that you don't get that? You DO get it, don't you?

Get that up me? LOL. Your not even a challenge, kid.

I had a sense you were posting, as a green feces smelling gas started emitting from my phone. Diarrhea again I thought. Franks on.

I'd say that's why your stomach turns Frank. Your bowel movement passes freely from your brain thought's, straight through your mouth and fingers.

I'll dumb it down. I'm not defending Toovey. I'm suggesting the way he was publicly treated was unfair. I still think he lost the playing group (as others have said as well), and I still say his game plan (defensively especially), but with set plays, and in the opposition 20 left a whole lot to be desired.We were playing 2011 football in 2015.

Despite you saying we had a "weak forward pack" (oh positive one), I believe given right direction (speed of the play the ball / second phase play / metres after contact etc) they would have played much better. We dominated The Rabbits & Bronco's up the middle at the end, so again, I say your talking out of your ass, because there were times when our forwards actually dominated - when they felt like it.

It's obvious that your too emotional to have a rational argument where you can only make a statement like your opening paragraph from behind a keyboard. Tough little man with a mouse in hand. You were a bit late with your reply so I suspect what you were smelling was a little closer to home. Maybe your phone was in your back pocket.

Our forward pack was regularly monstered by the more aggressive froward packs. Souths simply are not the same pack without Sam Burgess and Ben Te'o. I also don't consider the Broncos a monster pack. They are certainly an efficient , hard working pack. But hardly a huge pack like the Bulldogs or Roosters, both of whom beat us every time this season. FFS we couldn't even cope with the Eels pack. We were also without Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling for most of the season - two of our bigger forwards. Although I doubt their inclusion would have changed much. It may have been a secret to you that our forward pack was our weakness but to most commentators of the game and any fan with the most basic understanding of forward play saw it as our most glaring weakness.

You also said in your initial post that you thought Toovey was let down by some of his players. Sounds like you were trying to defend him to me. It wasn't until we started to regularly have a reasonable chunk of our roster on the field each weak that we were somehow able to make a run at the finals. Sure in the end we failed but having our players on the field instead of the stands made a huge difference to Toovey's game plan, set plays...............Surely you get the picture.

In the end though, we got totally smashed by a monster forward pack in the second last round which showed us where our forwards really are in the pecking order.

I am still trying to understand where this started. Hard to understand the feigned indignance and the hate some people manage to muster up. Truthfully I would hate to live in a household like that, would hate for children to be in a household like that, you have to assume that some of the attitude seeps into real life.

Massive thanks to Tooves from a bloke originally from the Shire, who now resides in Qld & breathes the Manly Seaeagles attitude, pride & desire.
Most fans don't get this & Tooves resembles everything great about Manly...huge thanks mate...always a part of Manly legendry & proud of the privilege to being there to see it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6