Geoff Toovey is good at coach being! Happy Sea Eagleness to all!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
HappilyManly said:
2V had 6 weeks to prepare for the WCC, at a time when he did not know what Players were on side with his being appointed Coach.

2V had less than 12 months to prepare for the 2012 semis.

2V is still in the contest for the 2013 Premiership.

Bellamy started in 2003 and Scumos didn't make the GF till 2007 - and that was only through illegal stacking of his roster.
So 2V has till 2015 to be declared a failure in finals game coaching.

Gets my vote as Head Coach, in charge of a very happy camp of competitive Players.:angel:

Bellamy & Hasler both inherited rubbish rosters and had to build a team almost from scratch. Toovey inherited the reigning Premiers.

How did Hasler go with the reigning premiers in 2009? Was it as good as Toovey in reaching the grand final QF?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
lsz said:
I would suggest Bob Fulton, Des Hasler balance the ledger nicely
Ron Willey and Frank Stanton were also former Manly players who won as coaches, I think.

Ralphie said:
Bellamy & Hasler both inherited rubbish rosters and had to build a team almost from scratch. Toovey inherited the reigning Premiers.
Yes, and as we know all the good coaches invariably manage back-to-back or three-peats.

More no names...to be fair it was nothing but a troll from kingyfan

The club could sack Tooves and hire the whole Silvertails posting community as head coach.

We could all then debate the merits of each & every coaching decision & coaching strategy, amongst ourselves in a democratic way, before implementing it through our local representatives on the ground at Narrabeen.

It would be an "ideas based" coaching team built on the premise of "true support"

Jatz Crackers said:
The club could sack Tooves and hire the whole Silvertails posting community as head coach.

We could all then debate the merits of each & every coaching decision & coaching strategy, amongst ourselves in a democratic way, before implementing it through our local representatives on the ground at Narrabeen.

It would be an "ideas based" coaching team built on the premise of "true support"

Excellent idea! And apart from the footy, the coups would be spectacular too!! ;)

Jatz Crackers said:

I like the idea Jazt, finishing 4th is just not good enough! lol.

lsz said:

Fulton had some of the best Manly teams money could buy and he only won two premierships as coach. Hardly a stunning record.

kingyfan said:
lsz said:

Fulton had some of the best Manly teams money could buy and he only won two premierships as coach. Hardly a stunning record.

Do some people think winning a premiership is easy or something?

Bennett had as good as the Qld Origin team for 5 years before he won anything

Personally I find this whole "big game" thing rubbish anyway. There are plenty of games during the year with big importance that need to be won to put you into the position to reach the finals. Pretty dumb way to assess somebodies coaching ability

lsz said:
bones said:
lsz said:
I am still waiting for those who do not want toovey to come up with a credible alternative

One called for Toovey to be replaced by Matt Elliott. Lmao.

Exactly

One thing I love about our club is the promotion of coaches from within

I'm with Isz on this one.

We have a culture that can't be duplicated by hiring some outsider.

Des will surely be noticing the difference at the Scumdogs. But he got his "challenge". I'll bet he's thought on more than one occasion, "I wish I was still at Manly". The boardroom dramas seemed to have followed him.

So if I 'm following this right Toovey is not a good coach because he inherited a side and did not build it and he then didn't take that side to the GF in his first year as coach falling one game short? Futher to the point he lost the first (and his first as coach) "big game" an out of season fixture on the other side of the planet. Seems quite a small sample size to start using percentages on and would that make Trent Robinson the greatest coach in the history of RL because he is sitting on 100% finals winning record in the NRL?

bones said:
kingyfan said:
lsz said:

Do some people think winning a premiership is easy or something?

I am sure there are people at Sydney Uni who would think so...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6